Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big dilemma

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Big dilemma

hello, i know that this is not the place to talk about others with all the respect that i have for project cars which is in my opinion the best console simulation games.
    I have a dilemma I want to buy another one here are my 3 choices forza 7, wrc8 or F1 2019.
    give me your opinion which one to choose.
    thank you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Can't comment on WRC8.

As far as Forza or F1 is concerned don't bother, Project Cars is vastly superior in terms of driving. If you just like graphics then go for it.
    The following user likes this Post: couchflyer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have F1 2019, WRC8, Forza 7 and Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0. Of those listed I would say IMHO that Forza was the most disappointing. It looks good apart from the 2D trees, but it didn't feel very good to me. If you want fun, then F1 2019 or WRC8 will give you that. Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 are pretty hard. I probably wouldn't pay full price for any of the games now though as they have all been out for some time, but if you can get them at a sale price then I think they would keep you entertained for a while.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    I have F1 2019, WRC8, Forza 7 and Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0. Of those listed I would say IMHO that Forza was the most disappointing. It looks good apart from the 2D trees, but it didn't feel very good to me. If you want fun, then F1 2019 or WRC8 will give you that. Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 are pretty hard. I probably wouldn't pay full price for any of the games now though as they have all been out for some time, but if you can get them at a sale price then I think they would keep you entertained for a while.
    Thank you very much i skip forza

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have already f1 2018 ...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    hello, i know that this is not the place to talk about others with all the respect that i have for project cars which is in my opinion the best console simulation games.
    I have a dilemma I want to buy another one here are my 3 choices forza 7, wrc8 or F1 2019.
    give me your opinion which one to choose.
    thank you
    Get FM7 - great car roster, lots of tracks and lots of stuff to do. Good replay value. You won't regret it. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

This is coming from someone who is quick to critique racing games.

Quote Originally Posted by chastewand View Post
    Can't comment on WRC8.

As far as Forza or F1 is concerned don't bother, Project Cars is vastly superior in terms of driving. If you just like graphics then go for it.
    Have you tested out a high HP car on a real track? Forza's physics are not quite as inferior as "PC sim guys" make it out to be. I'm willing to bet nearly all PC simmers have never pushed a "dangerously powerful car" on an actual track IRL.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    Get FM7 - great car roster, lots of tracks and lots of stuff to do. Good replay value. You won't regret it. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

This is coming from someone who is quick to critique racing games.

Have you tested out a high HP car on a real track? Forza's physics are not quite as inferior as "PC sim guys" make it out to be. I'm willing to bet nearly all PC simmers have never pushed a "dangerously powerful car" on an actual track IRL.
    Hey man it's simply my opinion.

I much prefer the feel of the cars in PC2 compared to Forza 7. Each car in PC2 feels unique, whilst in Forza each car feels the same just with a different setup/power to weight ratio. In Forza each car can be tuned to feel the same as any other. The F1 games by codemasters are not sims in my opinion, though having never driven an F1 car I can't say how accurate they are, but I'd bet my house it's nothing like the real thing!

Most of my experience of real life track days come from motorcycles. I have a CBR600 just for that purpose, and do 4 or 5 days a year. Only driven a formla ford at Truxton (that was nearly 20 years ago!) and an F430 more recently at Silverstone National circuit.

Do these class as dangerously powerful cars?

The CBR600 trumps all the cars I've ever driven in real life at power to weight ratio, and no doubt is more dangerous when wrecked. And yes I've wrecked a few times on that bike and others, got the scars and metal plates/screws to prove it!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by chastewand View Post
    Hey man it's simply my opinion.

I much prefer the feel of the cars in PC2 compared to Forza 7. Each car in PC2 feels unique, whilst in Forza each car feels the same just with a different setup/power to weight ratio. In Forza each car can be tuned to feel the same as any other. The F1 games by codemasters are not sims in my opinion, though having never driven an F1 car I can't say how accurate they are, but I'd bet my house it's nothing like the real thing!

Most of my experience of real life track days come from motorcycles. I have a CBR600 just for that purpose, and do 4 or 5 days a year. Only driven a formla ford at Truxton (that was nearly 20 years ago!) and an F430 more recently at Silverstone National circuit.

Do these class as dangerously powerful cars?

The CBR600 trumps all the cars I've ever driven in real life at power to weight ratio, and no doubt is more dangerous when wrecked. And yes I've wrecked a few times on that bike and others, got the scars and metal plates/screws to prove it!
    Bikes and cars on opposite ends of the spectrum - as far as physics go.

So no, doesn't count.

Forza has weak areas for sure, but tire physics are quite good and the "base physics system" they use to calculate values and whatnot is solid.

PCARS2 is briiliant and has it's own share of inconsistencies. I wouldn't choose anyone over the other, both are equally fun and realistic IMO. Though Forza definitely invites people right in and that has always been their repertoire, being a first-party console seller and all.

I can't wait for PCARS3 though, hope it is full-blown sim that easily surpasses the likes of AC. AC for me at the moment, has the best feel out of all of them.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    ok I am a fan of sim racing so pc2 remains my top and AC is perfect for the feeling of driving but on x box one its content is low no ranking online.
    so let's go back to my question.
    F1 2019 = $ 36 or
    wrc8 = $ 41
    please help me
    I do not think to take forza courser without qualification I like less but thank you for the opinion

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    ok I am a fan of sim racing so pc2 remains my top and AC is perfect for the feeling of driving but on x box one its content is low no ranking online.
    so let's go back to my question.
    F1 2019 = $ 36 or
    wrc8 = $ 41
    please help me
    I do not think to take forza courser without qualification I like less but thank you for the opinion
    F7 is a great racing game with reasonably good physics, lots of content and replay value. Out of these two, it depends on your tastes and preferences. If it were me, I'd go with WRC8 because F1 was only exciting back in the Arton Synna/Nigel Mansell/Schumacher/Coulthard/Mika Hakkinen days, really.
    The following user likes this Post: r_outsider