Thread: Wheel, pedal and shifter for PCARS2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Wheel, pedal and shifter for PCARS2

As much as I love the convenience of playing racing games on a pad and PCARS2 works great - I may look into getting a wheel down the line. My right elbow isn't too happy either due to years of squeezing and holding down the right trigger/throttle

So - I've maybe $300 to spare and want a wheel with 900 rotation, clutch and pedals, H-pattern stick-shifter, etc. and possibly stand included to integrate it all (I can't modify anything or build a rig).

What are my options?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    As much as I love the convenience of playing racing games on a pad and PCARS2 works great - I may look into getting a wheel down the line. My right elbow isn't too happy either due to years of squeezing and holding down the right trigger/throttle

So - I've maybe $300 to spare and want a wheel with 900 rotation, clutch and pedals, H-pattern stick-shifter, etc. and possibly stand included to integrate it all (I can't modify anything or build a rig).

What are my options?
    Are you on pc or console?
    On pc you can really cheap out with a used G27.
    On console it's a g29 (Ps4) or g920 (Xb1). Plenty used units about. I've been thrashing mine for a few years now without a hiccup.
    I highly recommend a rigid mount for seat and pedals that won't move you when you stomp the brakes. It'll also make consistent braking possible. Or you'll be struggling a fair bit.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Are you on pc or console?
    On pc you can really cheap out with a used G27.
    On console it's a g29 (Ps4) or g920 (Xb1). Plenty used units about. I've been thrashing mine for a few years now without a hiccup.
    I highly recommend a rigid mount for seat and pedals that won't move you when you stomp the brakes. It'll also make consistent braking possible. Or you'll be struggling a fair bit.
    Pretty sure I posted this under "PCARS2 on Xbox One"

Can't get mounts - can't do any mods to my room or floor space. I can only use it as-is with a mount and/or stand.

Those are my only options or might as well just keep using pad. Works fine.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Mcboo View Post
    Pretty sure I posted this under "PCARS2 on Xbox One"

Can't get mounts - can't do any mods to my room or floor space. I can only use it as-is with a mount and/or stand.

Those are my only options or might as well just keep using pad. Works fine.
    You have your platform set to pc hence the confusion.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    You have your platform set to pc hence the confusion.
    Ah? that's odd - let me change that then. Gracias!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The GT Omega Wheel Stand is pretty good for the money https://www.gtomega.co.uk/collection...ng-wheel-stand, https://www.gtomega.com/collections/...ng-wheel-stand. It folds up when not in use and as it is a twin spur design, so works well with pedal sets with 3 pedals. Its fairly solid and is expandable if you get more space.

If you want Thrustmaster, you could probably get a Thrustmaster TMX or TMX Pro new if you could stretch you budget a little, alternatively I am sure you can get a used TMX Pro or a TX within the budget. It might not get the the H pattern Shifter as well though. A TX gives you more options for add-ons from the Thrustmaster Eco-System, which may not be available on the TMX such as different Wheels, TSS Handbrake/Shiter, etc. You can also hard mount a TX to the GT Omega.

I have never owned Logitech so can't advise on their products.

Platform
    PS4
    You have options.
    Basically you want minimal movement of your body and the pedals. So a wheeled chair (like an office chair) is no good, but it's better than a game pad. A dining chair, maybe.

I started with a rickety IKEA outdoor chair and table set I could bring in/out of the lounge. The table would wobble from the ffb, the chair would slide away on the wood floor so every lap I'd readjust on the straight.
    Good times.
    Then I moved to a bigger place that could fit a rig so I built one.

Logitech is your budget bet and even that is world's away from a game pad. If you can stretch it, fanatec is the business.
    Thrustmaster falls somewhere in between.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hmm - the more I think about it, the more costs keep racking up. With the GT Omega wheel stand, a proper chair that stays glued to the floor, maybe a better wheel/pedal/shifter combo than the G920 - I don't know man, seems like I'm looking at $400 or more at the end of the day.

Think I'll skip the wheel as PCARS/PCARS2 and AC already play great on the pad and relay all the feedback I need from my car. Plus I'm somewhat starved for space in my room already. Since bought the One-X this year, will probably have to wait to get a good wheel setup - or not.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you are on a tight budget, probably better to continue with the pad until you have enough spare cash to buy what you really want. Sounds like your still having fun with the pad, and that IMHO is the most important thing. :-)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    If you are on a tight budget, probably better to continue with the pad until you have enough spare cash to buy what you really want. Sounds like your still having fun with the pad, and that IMHO is the most important thing. :-)
    Precisely. Common sense and practically overrules everything and right now I just don't want to spend cash that I will regret spending. Plus going in and out of gaming sessions is just so easy with a pad. I don't even play for that long at a time so a pad works great for me. Plus, I got literally zero complaints with pad unlike some folks - it's intuitive and works 100% as expected.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300