Thread: Idiots Online...Frustrating

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Idiots Online...Frustrating

This game has become a hit and miss when it comes to racing online, I am rear-ended, side-swiped or pushed off the track in like 80% of the races. I don't understand why idiots would play this kind of sim game to pursue GTA driving style, what is wrong with people's mental health??!?

My rating fell off in few games drastically, it was just impossible to find normal race where people respect each other. And then I get rear ended in T1...I get the safety warning?!?!? This is so frustrating.

In many races there is a maniac driving in wrong direction or similar stupid thing...and he is able to do it for like 5 laps...it's ridiculous.

Platform
    PC
    How the leagues I’m enrolled are paused, I joined today some public lobbies and I noticed what you comment. There were some morons waiting to crash (even with reputation enabled) and many discusions on the chat. I could avoid all the incidents going away ASAP and increase my reputation.

I haven't experience that in last months, but for the level of people in the lobbies (most about F1400) and the unfamiliar avatars, I think that Santa Claus has brought many PCARS2 copies. That’s good to increase the multiplayer audience. Morons will get tired soon, and hope that loyal players will be patient and stay. Probably in 1 week things will return to normal.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 27-12-2019 at 06:47.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Platform
    PC
    Sim Racing System is pretty good at keeping the driver quality relatively high through incident counts and protests. Sadly, it's mostly on Assetto Corsa. PC2 races have been added this year, but participation levels were very and low it's now down to one series run once a week, and from what I see, participation is even lower.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos

Platform
    XBOX1
    Joined a few races the last couple of days, racing license was off, and I must say the racing overall is terrible. People leave no room, steer into you on straights and try to force you off track, racing etiquette is a distant planet far far away from our galaxy.
    Now, how on earth are people still not using the SR to lock these trolls out is beyond me.

Platform
    PS4
    Rating off is the wild West mate.
    Anything can happen.

But the same behaviours happen in rated lobbies too.
    Not all are that way. It's only a few.

Pick your passes. Often an aggressive blocker will be busy watching you in his mirrors and run wide. Passing on the inside is also safer because they can't often move back towards the inside to hit/block you.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Passing on the inside is also safer because they can't often move back towards the inside to hit/block you.
    What do you mean? I've been hit many while on the inside, e.g. got alongside them well before braking zone or if they braked extremely early. People just turn in towards the apex as if they were alone on the track. Also in rated lobbies.

I have also seen classic backmarkers hunting and purposefully crashing guys who lap them... in rated lobbies.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    What do you mean? I've been hit many while on the inside, e.g. got alongside them well before braking zone or if they braked extremely early. People just turn in towards the apex as if they were alone on the track. Also in rated lobbies.

I have also seen classic backmarkers hunting and purposefully crashing guys who lap them... in rated lobbies.
    Oh no, don't sit side by side at the entry. You don't want to be inside until they've run wide at the apex trying to out-brake you. So you're behind them at entry, inside at the apex and gone at the exit.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, DECATUR PLAYA

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Rating off is the wild West mate.
    Anything can happen.

But the same behaviours happen in rated lobbies too.
    Not all are that way. It's only a few.

Pick your passes. Often an aggressive blocker will be busy watching you in his mirrors and run wide. Passing on the inside is also safer because they can't often move back towards the inside to hit/block you.
    I'm not talking about blockers, I'm talking about people steering into you on straights and other premium trolls. This kind of thing wouldn't happen in B or A lobbies. People who want to race can make mistakes but people who don't care about racing will not progress with their SR. That's the point.

Platform
    PS4
    Oh ye. You're right it doesn't happen in high rated lobbies, maybe only at the entry or exit of a corner if they don't expect you to be next to them.
    In low rated public lobbies I will rarely go side by side down the straight and back off, stay behind them until the brake zone of the next corner. Minimise their opportunities to hit me. You csn sometimes tell who will give you space down a straight, so you might take the chance.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10