Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Man Noob Questions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    I imagine the Momo wheel was a Logitech. But I don't think it is gong to work with the Xbox its too old unfortunately.

There are no wheels for Xbox that have a connector for headphones, which is a bit bizarre. So you can either use a game pad as you have already established or use a set of wireless headphones.
    Thank you.

Logitech sounds right, I'll be digging them out one day soon to have a look, funny enough I put them in storage just before I got PC2 at Christmas .

I think I will try plugging the headset/mic into a spare controller next time I'm online. Still concerned that it may interfere/conflict with the inputs the wheel is giving but I will set it off to the side and try not to move it. I still don't know how much people use a mic but I see an icon that looks like a speaker lighting up when in the lobby sometimes so maybe that's guys talking or maybe text chat.

I would never be able to "chat" using the pick-a-letter type of input, I'd be way to slow.

Got my first nasty message after a race too, something along the lines of "way to go a-hole you f'd up my race". I feel really bad if I do mess people up, it's never ever intentional and sometimes it's been because of lag or buffering or whatever it's called on xbox.

I don't feel bad about the one I got messaged about though, I saved the replay and I don't see how I could be blamed in this case. I had managed to get my car stuck into a wall, I knew the leaders were not far behind so i just stayed put rather than take the chance of making a mistake and ending up in the way. the leader should have been able to see me there for a good 5 or 6 seconds before he got to me but he clipped me anyways then spun and lost his lead.

The learning continues...
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by fastedddy View Post
    Thank you.

Logitech sounds right, I'll be digging them out one day soon to have a look, funny enough I put them in storage just before I got PC2 at Christmas .

I think I will try plugging the headset/mic into a spare controller next time I'm online. Still concerned that it may interfere/conflict with the inputs the wheel is giving but I will set it off to the side and try not to move it. I still don't know how much people use a mic but I see an icon that looks like a speaker lighting up when in the lobby sometimes so maybe that's guys talking or maybe text chat.

I would never be able to "chat" using the pick-a-letter type of input, I'd be way to slow.

Got my first nasty message after a race too, something along the lines of "way to go a-hole you f'd up my race". I feel really bad if I do mess people up, it's never ever intentional and sometimes it's been because of lag or buffering or whatever it's called on xbox.

I don't feel bad about the one I got messaged about though, I saved the replay and I don't see how I could be blamed in this case. I had managed to get my car stuck into a wall, I knew the leaders were not far behind so i just stayed put rather than take the chance of making a mistake and ending up in the way. the leader should have been able to see me there for a good 5 or 6 seconds before he got to me but he clipped me anyways then spun and lost his lead.

The learning continues...
    I haven't tried it but this might help setup the microphone of the controller whilst using the wheel. https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ing-wheel.aspx. The controller needs to be plugged in, otherwise it will turn itself off after a period of time.
    The following user likes this Post: fastedddy

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This happens in single player a lot if you restart a race and watch the replay

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganb921 View Post
    This happens in single player a lot if you restart a race and watch the replay
    Sorry, I don't follow. What are you referring to?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I haven't tried it but this might help setup the microphone of the controller whilst using the wheel. ... The controller needs to be plugged in, otherwise it will turn itself off after a period of time.
    Awesome, I will try this next time I'm on and post what I find out.

Thanks!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I haven't tried it but this might help setup the microphone of the controller whilst using the wheel. https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ing-wheel.aspx. The controller needs to be plugged in, otherwise it will turn itself off after a period of time.
    You were right about my old FFB wheels being logitech, I was wrong about the connectors though. The main connector looks to be a standard USB type so it should at least be able to be plugged in to the XBOX. The connector that goes from the peddles to the wheel assembly is a DB9 style. I can't find the power adapters atm but when i do i will try it out. Probably ask some questions of Logitech in the mean time.

I don't think I could get the microphone working the way that page says. Honestly not sure though. First off not sure if this is even important or not or if anyone is using one. I just assume the blinking speaker icons must mean something but I don't know what. All I know for sure is that I talked for a while but no one ever responded . Good news is that I am now confident in using a controller to navigate around menus and such, it's faster than using the wheel. The controller also allowed me to manipulate my HUD settings, which I could not accomplish with the wheel.

Thanks again
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser