Thread: Second driver ridiculously slow. Is this normal?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Second driver ridiculously slow. Is this normal?

So I finally think I'm ready to do a 24h Le Mans. The invitational race with Ferrari 512. After first stint, running in first, I though of giving the second stint to the AI driver. He lost all my lead by being really slow. Then got stuck behind a slower class car and carried on following him at less than half throttle. I put on a movie and waited to see that happens... after 5 laps he was still there. Stuck behind a 911 being continuously lapped by my car class.
    Is this normal? He's utterly useless. I looked for a setting or upskill but cannot find anything. As things stand using the AI driver is a guaranteed last place.
    Last edited by BartZ; 04-01-2020 at 21:14.

Platform
    PC
    Yes, happenned to me in the milk man achivement. How is a long race, I let the control of my car to the IA at the mid of the race, but he was about 10 seconds per lap slower than me and/or the other AI cars. The AI brakes and reduces to 3th in the turns of the Indianapolis, so I have to retake the control of the car to finish the event. Don't know if it happens in some combos or ever, but after that experience, didn't tried anymore.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yea, I won't try it again either. At Le Mans of all places... there's a chance to overtake a slower car almost everywhere. Pointless. Bad news is the race will take me a lot longer than I originally thought now that I have to do the whole thing myself. I don't understand why AI swap is even an option if he's so slow. Up until now I didn't have anything major to complain about in PC2.

Platform
    PC
    i think thats ok.
    If you want the achievement, you have to drive.
    It should be your achievement, not that of an AI, attched to you
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have not tested but,maybe if strength of AI is higher they will run faster on driver swap

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This is disappointing to hear, because I'd hoped to mimic the experience of driver swaps and the AI would perhaps run laps similar to what I was putting in on the car.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olasnah View Post
    This is disappointing to hear, because I'd hoped to mimic the experience of driver swaps and the AI would perhaps run laps similar to what I was putting in on the car.
    He won't even be close to your times. And it doesn't depend on your opponent setting. Besides me running on 80% I can overtake a backmarker regardless of AI skill setting. My "team mate" can't perform a single overtake. He's peerless at losing places though...