Thread: (Logitech G29) Up-/Downshift problems with paddles

Platform
    PC

(Logitech G29) Up-/Downshift problems with paddles

I've a randomly occuring problem with up- and downshifts when using the paddles of my G29. I don't have the shifter just as sidenote. The wheel is propperly configured as G29 in PC2 and all things like wheel, pedals and buttons are working. I'm running it with the LGS (Logitech Gaming Software) version 8.89.68 and not the new LGHub.

At first I had the problem that it was up- or downshifting multiple (two) gears at once but I've upped the value of the corresponding setting in the configuration (should be named something like "Minimal Shifttime" or the like in English) to 15 this problem is gone.

Now I've the problem that it sometimes doesn't wants to shift up- or down at all and sometimes even multiple engagements of the paddles won't provoke any reaction. I noticed it at first while driving on one of the online servers and it's really happening randomly and can't be pinned to a certain thing like part of track, driving situation or what ever. I've the feeling that it's getting worse or better more random over time but even that I'm not really sure about.

I think I can rule out that it's the micro buttons of the wheel/paddles. They're working just fine in other games and you can also hear them engaging even at the slightest pull. So I doubt it has something to do with degradation of the wheel or the like as it's also realtively new.

Is there anything known about a problem like that? Anything I can or should test or change?
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Plage View Post

Is there anything known about a problem like that? Anything I can or should test or change?
    Don't know mate. I have a similar issue my G29 does the same. Occasionally. It's not often enough that I could open it up and have a look.
    Don't know what to do.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My old g920, same wheel as g29 I think, would very occasionally do this. It doesn't happen on my new wheel.

It came and went, I never found a proper fix but shouting seemed to help, as did giving it a few whacks, maybe dislodging some crap caught up somewhere.

It is an issue others have had, there may be a better fix here,

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...hanges.377991/
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the feedback, gents. So the problem presumably isn't related to my hard- or software but rather is the sign of a degrading wheel. At least according to the linked thread. The problem is that I don't have bend paddles and the micro buttons actually seem to work fine. They definitely do in other games without any hick-ups.

To me it rather seems like it's something related to or within the game itself. Like a cache or so is clogging up and causing the issue but that is just my layman's thought.
    𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓 𝑆𝑃𝑂𝑅𝑇

Platform
    PS4
    Could be. I couldn't pin point a source. It's happened in Pc1 and 2 and they're the only games I've played with the wheel on my Ps4.
    Try cleaning it? Give it a vac, maybe a squirt with electrical contact cleaner.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10