Thread: PC2 with Fanatec DD2 - how to reset steering controls

WMD Member

Angry PC2 with Fanatec DD2 - how to reset steering controls

Hi guys,

got 650 hours with PC2. Now for the first time I have a serious problem.

Got a Fanatec DD2 and 2 wheels including a shifter. After some updates for BOTH wheels and base, I cannot SHIFT DOWN anymore. The shift down is accepted in the Fanatec software, the key as such is recognized at game start to skip the intro, the key works in ANY OTHER SIM, but NOT in PC2!!!

I do not want to reinstall the game (yet, so what can I do to tell the game to fxxxing use the downshift???

The key binding in setup works, but in game only shift UP works.

What a crazy error.

Please help me.
    Thanks!

P.S. forgot to say that I use the CSW 2.5 mode on my DD2. The error occurs wth and without Fanalab software.
    Last edited by Dede2602; 12-01-2020 at 16:13. Reason: added info

Platform
    PC
    by shift down is that on both paddles and the shifter Also is it in H pattern or sequential or does shift down not work in any ?

Presume you have checked the binding of the controls in the game ?
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:to suit | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:100 | Nat DMP :25| Nat FRI: 005|brF:50| F.EFF.INT:100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    by shift down is that on both paddles and the shifter Also is it in H pattern or sequential or does shift down not work in any ?

Presume you have checked the binding of the controls in the game ?
    It happens once in a while:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ymore-CSW-v2-5

Symptoms are: you can bind whatever key(including keyboard!) you want to shift up and down(in your case only down, that's new), it only registers in the edit menu, not when on track.

Had it on the CSW 2.5, still happens ever so often with the DD1(2/3 times?). Never happens on my T500 or G25 setups(still being used every week). There are more threads about it(couldn't find them) and it seems to always be with Fanatec gear and IMHO it started happening some time after the v293 firmware. And if I'm not correct PC2 had it's final patch before that so it's triggered(not saying it's their fault) by something Fanatec changed(I can't back this by facts, but it's the only logical conclusion for me).
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dede2602 View Post
    Hi guys,

got 650 hours with PC2. Now for the first time I have a serious problem.

Got a Fanatec DD2 and 2 wheels including a shifter. After some updates for BOTH wheels and base, I cannot SHIFT DOWN anymore. The shift down is accepted in the Fanatec software, the key as such is recognized at game start to skip the intro, the key works in ANY OTHER SIM, but NOT in PC2!!!

I do not want to reinstall the game (yet, so what can I do to tell the game to fxxxing use the downshift???

The key binding in setup works, but in game only shift UP works.

What a crazy error.

Please help me.
    Thanks!

P.S. forgot to say that I use the CSW 2.5 mode on my DD2. The error occurs wth and without Fanalab software.
    What profile are you running the wheel on? CSW v2.5 or "other". IIRC the Fanatec profile was a little wonky so it may be a solution to setup a new profile choosing the "unknown wheel" profile.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    It happens once in a while:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ymore-CSW-v2-5

Symptoms are: you can bind whatever key(including keyboard!) you want to shift up and down(in your case only down, that's new), it only registers in the edit menu, not when on track.

Had it on the CSW 2.5, still happens ever so often with the DD1(2/3 times?). Never happens on my T500 or G25 setups(still being used every week). There are more threads about it(couldn't find them) and it seems to always be with Fanatec gear and IMHO it started happening some time after the v293 firmware. And if I'm not correct PC2 had it's final patch before that so it's triggered(not saying it's their fault) by something Fanatec changed(I can't back this by facts, but it's the only logical conclusion for me).
    Found one of the other threads here:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...atec-elite-csl
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    What profile are you running the wheel on? CSW v2.5 or "other". IIRC the Fanatec profile was a little wonky so it may be a solution to setup a new profile choosing the "unknown wheel" profile.
    Yes, when the problem pops up, a new configuration using the unknown wheel profile seems to not have the problem(of not shifting). But I always keep trying until I get the Fanatec one working again(because face it, it's a lot of work to set ALL mappings and most defaults set in the Fanatec one I leave what they are).

The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Takes you a minute or two. I thought it´s worth trying before reinstalling the game, let alone Windows.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de