Thread: Formula Carbon vs Formula V2 vs Don't buy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Formula Carbon vs Formula V2 vs Don't buy

Hello!!!

I need some advice... hope you could help me.

I already have the Forza Bundle (the Forza motorsport wheel), and I was looking for a wheel to use it with the "open" cars and the ones that Use this kind of wheels.

Considering that, both are around 300 + Shipping (I live outside the US, so I have to pay another 70 or 80 extra for shipping to home)...

Questions:

1.- Do they really worth it? (I would have more fun, faster or enjoy much more the experience?)

2.- Does the 70 worth the difference between the Formula Carbon and the V2?

3.- Just stop thinking in this stuff and spend that money in another thing because it would not really affect anything.... it just looks nice, after a few days you will regret it... that's all (hahaha)

I'm thinking of buying the F1 2019 or 2020 in the future... right now PC2 and AC...

Help me make a wise choice... please... hahaha

Thanks!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I was just thinking about this yesterday..... I have the Podium DD1/PS4 which has the Formula V2 wheel (with magnetic shifters)
    - I love the Formula V2 looks, buttons, and simply the idea of it. Every guest I have loves it, and wants to try it.
    - mine has the magnetic shifters.... THESE are for sure fantastic and a big big plus (but more $).
    - but personally, every time I use this wheel, I get frustrated with my driving. It's just too small (27cm) for my preference, and I struggle to control the car like I can with a larger diameter wheel. I wish it was about 3 or 4 cm larger. I try to adjust the FFB settings to suit, but in the end I just get frustrated, actually. And I realized it's simply the size. I much prefer a GT style wheel and size. I have the R300 (30cm) and the Porsche rim (32cm) and I am simply faster and enjoy the actual racing and driving (massively) more when I use either of those.
    - if your using the Forza rim, I think that has a 33cm diameter??? The Formula V2 I think is 27cm diameter. It's really a massive difference and I suspect it will be like a completely different world. Maybe you will like that, maybe not.

Everyone is different, and you have to make your own decisions based on what you like. I love that Formula V2 wheel, but now that I have it, I just don't like driving with it.

In my opinion, magnetic shifters are a far better investment. Or, a wheel that has magnetic shifters.

Other things:
    - extra buttons are nice, but, I realize now that I rarely use them. I much prefer my button box and usually have 5 or 6 things mapped to the wheel and that's it. Different games might need different approach though.
    - the rotary thumb knobs are a nice idea. Brake balance, TC...... but they turn way too easily. They should have a much stiffer 'click' to them. It's really easy to bump them and adjust you settings in a bad way.
    - don't get me wrong. There's lots of flare and potential with that wheel. It might be a lot of fun for the right person.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Well, I was just thinking about this yesterday..... I have the Podium DD1/PS4 which has the Formula V2 wheel (with magnetic shifters)
    - I love the Formula V2 looks, buttons, and simply the idea of it. Every guest I have loves it, and wants to try it.
    - mine has the magnetic shifters.... THESE are for sure fantastic and a big big plus (but more $).
    - but personally, every time I use this wheel, I get frustrated with my driving. It's just too small (27cm) for my preference, and I struggle to control the car like I can with a larger diameter wheel. I wish it was about 3 or 4 cm larger. I try to adjust the FFB settings to suit, but in the end I just get frustrated, actually. And I realized it's simply the size. I much prefer a GT style wheel and size. I have the R300 (30cm) and the Porsche rim (32cm) and I am simply faster and enjoy the actual racing and driving (massively) more when I use either of those.
    - if your using the Forza rim, I think that has a 33cm diameter??? The Formula V2 I think is 27cm diameter. It's really a massive difference and I suspect it will be like a completely different world. Maybe you will like that, maybe not.

Everyone is different, and you have to make your own decisions based on what you like. I love that Formula V2 wheel, but now that I have it, I just don't like driving with it.

In my opinion, magnetic shifters are a far better investment. Or, a wheel that has magnetic shifters.

Other things:
    - extra buttons are nice, but, I realize now that I rarely use them. I much prefer my button box and usually have 5 or 6 things mapped to the wheel and that's it. Different games might need different approach though.
    - the rotary thumb knobs are a nice idea. Brake balance, TC...... but they turn way too easily. They should have a much stiffer 'click' to them. It's really easy to bump them and adjust you settings in a bad way.
    - don't get me wrong. There's lots of flare and potential with that wheel. It might be a lot of fun for the right person.
    Thanks!!!
    I will check the size...I'm not a big guy but I have to check that issue!!! Thanks for the advice.
    Just in case.. I will send you a PM.

Platform
    PC

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post

Other things:
    After a month or so.....
    It's awesome!!
    Love it
    I'm 1.78 tall, and it fits perfect to me. This with a low stering ratio (just very very small movements) makes it perfect to me. I don'tget bored looking at it.. its very very nice, with fanalab you csn do a lot of things...
    Buttons.... I havn't configure them.
    This rim + Formula Renault... OMG!!!!
    Thanks for the advice
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolo F View Post
    After a month or so.....
    It's awesome!!
    Love it
    I'm 1.78 tall, and it fits perfect to me. This with a low stering ratio (just very very small movements) makes it perfect to me. I don'tget bored looking at it.. its very very nice, with fanalab you csn do a lot of things...
    Buttons.... I havn't configure them.
    This rim + Formula Renault... OMG!!!!
    Thanks for the advice
    Great! It's funny to see this post again, because only yesterday I was looking at that rim on my shelf and thinking to give it another try. Yesterday did quite a few races and it was better than I remembered it. I think that the secret with this rim is understanding all the different possible settings in Fanalab, to find the right balance for the rim size. Found something yesterday that seems better for me.

What I like (and didn't realize) is how the rim doesn't obscure the bottom of the screen anymore (with my 918 rim, it seems to just overlap some things on screen that annoys me a bit)

I still wish it was about 2cm larger diameter...... then, for me, it'd be great.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat