Thread: Formula Carbon vs Formula V2 vs Don't buy

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Formula Carbon vs Formula V2 vs Don't buy

Hello!!!

I need some advice... hope you could help me.

I already have the Forza Bundle (the Forza motorsport wheel), and I was looking for a wheel to use it with the "open" cars and the ones that Use this kind of wheels.

Considering that, both are around 300 + Shipping (I live outside the US, so I have to pay another 70 or 80 extra for shipping to home)...

Questions:

1.- Do they really worth it? (I would have more fun, faster or enjoy much more the experience?)

2.- Does the 70 worth the difference between the Formula Carbon and the V2?

3.- Just stop thinking in this stuff and spend that money in another thing because it would not really affect anything.... it just looks nice, after a few days you will regret it... that's all (hahaha)

I'm thinking of buying the F1 2019 or 2020 in the future... right now PC2 and AC...

Help me make a wise choice... please... hahaha

Thanks!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I was just thinking about this yesterday..... I have the Podium DD1/PS4 which has the Formula V2 wheel (with magnetic shifters)
    - I love the Formula V2 looks, buttons, and simply the idea of it. Every guest I have loves it, and wants to try it.
    - mine has the magnetic shifters.... THESE are for sure fantastic and a big big plus (but more $).
    - but personally, every time I use this wheel, I get frustrated with my driving. It's just too small (27cm) for my preference, and I struggle to control the car like I can with a larger diameter wheel. I wish it was about 3 or 4 cm larger. I try to adjust the FFB settings to suit, but in the end I just get frustrated, actually. And I realized it's simply the size. I much prefer a GT style wheel and size. I have the R300 (30cm) and the Porsche rim (32cm) and I am simply faster and enjoy the actual racing and driving (massively) more when I use either of those.
    - if your using the Forza rim, I think that has a 33cm diameter??? The Formula V2 I think is 27cm diameter. It's really a massive difference and I suspect it will be like a completely different world. Maybe you will like that, maybe not.

Everyone is different, and you have to make your own decisions based on what you like. I love that Formula V2 wheel, but now that I have it, I just don't like driving with it.

In my opinion, magnetic shifters are a far better investment. Or, a wheel that has magnetic shifters.

Other things:
    - extra buttons are nice, but, I realize now that I rarely use them. I much prefer my button box and usually have 5 or 6 things mapped to the wheel and that's it. Different games might need different approach though.
    - the rotary thumb knobs are a nice idea. Brake balance, TC...... but they turn way too easily. They should have a much stiffer 'click' to them. It's really easy to bump them and adjust you settings in a bad way.
    - don't get me wrong. There's lots of flare and potential with that wheel. It might be a lot of fun for the right person.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Well, I was just thinking about this yesterday..... I have the Podium DD1/PS4 which has the Formula V2 wheel (with magnetic shifters)
    - I love the Formula V2 looks, buttons, and simply the idea of it. Every guest I have loves it, and wants to try it.
    - mine has the magnetic shifters.... THESE are for sure fantastic and a big big plus (but more $).
    - but personally, every time I use this wheel, I get frustrated with my driving. It's just too small (27cm) for my preference, and I struggle to control the car like I can with a larger diameter wheel. I wish it was about 3 or 4 cm larger. I try to adjust the FFB settings to suit, but in the end I just get frustrated, actually. And I realized it's simply the size. I much prefer a GT style wheel and size. I have the R300 (30cm) and the Porsche rim (32cm) and I am simply faster and enjoy the actual racing and driving (massively) more when I use either of those.
    - if your using the Forza rim, I think that has a 33cm diameter??? The Formula V2 I think is 27cm diameter. It's really a massive difference and I suspect it will be like a completely different world. Maybe you will like that, maybe not.

Everyone is different, and you have to make your own decisions based on what you like. I love that Formula V2 wheel, but now that I have it, I just don't like driving with it.

In my opinion, magnetic shifters are a far better investment. Or, a wheel that has magnetic shifters.

Other things:
    - extra buttons are nice, but, I realize now that I rarely use them. I much prefer my button box and usually have 5 or 6 things mapped to the wheel and that's it. Different games might need different approach though.
    - the rotary thumb knobs are a nice idea. Brake balance, TC...... but they turn way too easily. They should have a much stiffer 'click' to them. It's really easy to bump them and adjust you settings in a bad way.
    - don't get me wrong. There's lots of flare and potential with that wheel. It might be a lot of fun for the right person.
    Thanks!!!
    I will check the size...I'm not a big guy but I have to check that issue!!! Thanks for the advice.
    Just in case.. I will send you a PM.