Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games starts in reverse, crashes and ends

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Games starts in reverse, crashes and ends

I just hooked up my Logitech G920 Racing Wheel. When I try to test the game the car is already in Reverse with the accelerator depressed and I can't shift to go forward or do anything it is over so fast. I've also noticed that I cannot calibrate the accelerator pedal. The car just goes backward at a high rate of speed, crashes and then the game stops so I have to exit and start over. Then the exact same thing happens when I try again. HELP!! Thanks in advance. Also Win 10 pc, cyberpower gaming machine with AMD Ryzen 5 processor. If you need additional info please let me know. I have confirmed with Logitech support that the correct driver is loaded and we were able to calibrate the wheel using Joy.CPL. Thanks again.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Have you tried deleting and re installing the game?
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Reply to thread about game starting in reverse

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Have you tried deleting and re installing the game?
    No have not tried that. BTW, I just hooked up my Thrustmaster shifter and now the game now starts in N or 1. I can use the paddle shifters to go through R,N,1 and 2 but the car refuses to move and the accelerator does not seem to respond. I tried using the clutch and the gear shifter but that did not work. Any ideas?

delete (or rename) the controller setup and start again.. it sounds like it's done something really weird (for supported devices there should be no need to do any calibration)

Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<Your Steam ID Number>\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

Ryzen R5 3600X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That did not work. Neither the Thrustmaster gear shifter or the accelerator pedal respond. Any other ideas?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Finally the accelerator to work. Went to Assignments and found a way to assign the tell the game the throttle was the pedal all the way to right by stepping on it. Still not able to get the Thrustmaster shifter to work though. Thanks for your help.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm not on PC, but: Does the game recognize your wheel correctly? On the Options screen below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project-CARS-2-Digital-Manual-06c-controls-01-control-scheme_orig.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	277238

And what happens if you try to manually assign gear up/down on this screen?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project-CARS-2-Digital-Manual-06c-controls-03-edit-assignments_orig.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	277239

Digital manual here
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - proper PC2 leaderboards for console - Forum thread

You will need to assign the shifter in the same way you did the throttle... one gear at a time.

Ryzen R5 3600X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    How do I insert a screen shot? When I click on Insert Image it asks for a url and does not allow me to browse to the folder with the Steam Screenshots. However, Project Cars 2 shows my wheel correctly as the Logitech G920 but does not list the Thrustmaster Gear shifter. I saw a review that indicated the Logitech shifter was a bit cheesy so I wanted an upgrade. The Thrustmaster looks like it could be used in a real car. I am not sure yet how to edit the assignments to shifter. Any tips on that? At any rate, I'll send screen shots as soon as I can figure it out. According to Thrustmaster it is compatible with any wheel on the market. Thanks for your help.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fretburner View Post
    I am not sure yet how to edit the assignments to shifter.
    Go to the Controls / Edit Assignments page as shown above, klick on 1st gear and then put your shifter in 1st gear. Not sure exactly what happens next (maybe press enter or whatever), you will find out yourself. Go through all other gears in the same way.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de