Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lag but only on multiplayer

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

lag but only on multiplayer

a little new to project cars 2 (xmas).

when i play the game it is fine until i come to play multiplayer.

At this point i can qualify and practice without any issues.

BUT

when i then get to the race and are on the grid. I wait, the lights go red and then when the lights go out.....

i immediately freeze, i can hear the sound still and judder, then about 10 seconds later, i appear off the side of the track smashed to pieces.

i can then carry on with the race (usually smashed up so need a pit stop) with issue.

why do i get this lag on EVERY race start and only on multiplayer.

anyone else with this issue??

I have a proper gaming PC with a good graphics card, good processor etc....

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
    a little new to project cars 2 (xmas).

when i play the game it is fine until i come to play multiplayer.

At this point i can qualify and practice without any issues.

BUT

when i then get to the race and are on the grid. I wait, the lights go red and then when the lights go out.....

i immediately freeze, i can hear the sound still and judder, then about 10 seconds later, i appear off the side of the track smashed to pieces.

i can then carry on with the race (usually smashed up so need a pit stop) with issue.

why do i get this lag on EVERY race start and only on multiplayer.

anyone else with this issue??

I have a proper gaming PC with a good graphics card, good processor etc....
    Do you also have a strong internet connection? What is your ping like?

I don´t know why only in the starting procedure (are you doing Q sessions before?) but to me that sounds like a connection issue.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Superkart Pilot gotdirt410sprintcar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I would make sure first my internet is good. If that's ok I would reinstalled the game not much else you can do. But your PC so could be something else going on.

Platform
    PC
    Try disabling UDP in the game options.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt410sprintcar View Post
    I would make sure first my internet is good. If that's ok I would reinstalled the game not much else you can do. But your PC so could be something else going on.
    ive just done a download test and get these results

download 53mbps uploads 19.26 mbps latancy 12ms.

What do you think of the latency, what do you lot get on your internet connection.

cheers all

Platform
    PC
    Do you also have a strong internet connection?
    There is no such thing as a 'weak' internet connection. High or low bandwidth, yes but not strong or weak.
    What is your ping like?
    Ping is relative, ingame it does not provide numbers, you get colors, only connect to green servers.
    What do you think of the latency
    Latency is how long in milliseconds, it takes for a packet of data to leave your computer, hit a server then come back.

12ms is not realistic. If you are using a router, your first hop is to it, and thats usually less than 1ms, but the next hop past your router is on your ISP's network. Typically this will be a 9~15ms hop, if you run a tracert ( trace route command from the command prompt )to forums.projectcarsgame.com, you will find it's positively over 10 hops away, no matter where on earth you are.

From your
    description, it sounds like you are getting packet loss at the start of a race. Which might be from you connecting to a server that's not physically close to you, it's ping ingame would be red, yellow at best. You want to connect to only GREEN. Also, if you are connecting to a router, and also are using a software firewall, note windows comes with a software firewall, using more than 1 firewall can do funny network stuff. If you are using a router, what the router is doing, for more than 1 computer is also, in effect a firewall. Albeit, usually not a very smart one. Suggest, disabling windows firewall, and or any software firewalls if behind a router. Then test connecting to only servers that show GREEN, which means low or good ping, and likely in the same country you are in.
    Last edited by Visceral_Syn; 21-01-2020 at 03:26. Reason: typos
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    In addition to making sure UDP is off as Asturbo said, I would also make sure that no other process (including Windows itself, for updates for example) is using the internet while racing and also that no other computers or devices are using it either, at least not for anything "heavy".

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Syn View Post
    There is no such thing as a 'weak' internet connection. High or low bandwidth, yes but not strong or weak.
    Oh come on, you know pretty well what I mean. Paying for high bandwidth doesn´t necessarily mean getting high bandwidth. Some people do, some most of the time don´t and some others get a different bandwidth every next second. So with the issue of the OP I think it is worth to look into it. Call it what you want.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar

Platform
    PC
    Disabling UDP, is impossible as well. UDP can be blocked by configuring a firewall to block it. Might make other applications not work so well. pCars˛ sure is using port 8766 both TCP and UDP. Which is the only port I'm even forwarding for the server...
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Syn View Post
    Disabling UDP, is impossible as well. UDP can be blocked by configuring a firewall to block it. Might make other applications not work so well. pCars˛ sure is using port 8766 both TCP and UDP. Which is the only port I'm even forwarding for the server...
    Disabling UDP from within the in game options, so it doesn't flood the router.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981