Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

New Sound receiver + Speakers installed but not a good sound

Hello!!!

Long story short...
    Before: TV speakers
    Now: Receiver + 5.1 speakers
    How is connected? Coaxial digital output from the TV to the receiver. Why? my notebook does not have a digital audio output and I don't have a Splitter

Questions?
    Worth buying an Audio/Video splitter (like this stuff https://www.amazon.com/-/es/J-Tech-D...9465322&sr=8-5)

Problem: Cars sound much better, but way far from reality, for example, F40, the only sound you hear is the turbo blowing (not bad, but I will also like to hear that V8!!!).

Recommendations? How to approach this problem, I don't know where how to start.

I'm using this receiver (a present from my brother), Small speakers and a passive SW, that I'm using that amplifier to "activate" it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-01-19 at 13.02.35.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	173.2 KB 
ID:	277501

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Not sure how to solve your connection issues but don't forget that the F40 has a flat plane crank so it does not have a V8 burble like a cross plane V8. A flat plane V8 sounds like two out of phase L4 engines, scream not burble.

https://carbuzz.com/features/battle-...vs-cross-plane

Edit. Maybe post pics of your lap top connections and the back of the amp? To get all the 5.1 info I think you will need to connect by hdmi into the amp or spdif.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 20-01-2020 at 10:36.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Not sure how to solve your connection issues but don't forget that the F40 has a flat plane crank so it does not have a V8 burble like a cross plane V8. A flat plane V8 sounds like two out of phase L4 engines, scream not burble.

https://carbuzz.com/features/battle-...vs-cross-plane

Edit. Maybe post pics of your lap top connections and the back of the amp? To get all the 5.1 info I think you will need to connect by hdmi into the amp or spdif.
    Thats the main problem, no hdmi input, but the digital coaxial should do the work.
    I will post a picture how it is connected.
    I have the luck that I have heared the engine of an F40 live, and I can bet that the sound of what I'm hearing is far from it real sound.
    At night I will send a picture!

P.S: Btw nice reading thanks!!

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolo F View Post
    Thats the main problem, no hdmi input, but the digital coaxial should do the work.
    I will post a picture how it is connected.
    I have the luck that I have heared the engine of an F40 live, and I can bet that the sound of what I'm hearing is far from it real sound.
    At night I will send a picture!

P.S: Btw nice reading thanks!!
    If I'm not wrong, unless your card supports DTS connect or Dolby live COAX will just do stereo in games. And if things really go wrong you might only hear the two front speakers of a 5.1 soundset which might explain why you hear only the turbo.

5.1 in PCARS 1, 2 and just about every other game works perfectly fine if you connect to your amplifier via HDMI. I specifically use an extra HDMI connection(so a ghost monitor which I don't use) to connect to my Denon. Optical or COAX won't work unless you settle for stereo in games(unless you have a card that can do the DTS/Dolby encoding for you, but there are almost none left).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 21-01-2020 at 15:46.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    I think there is a selection for sound output devices in the sound settings, ie headphones/stereo etc.