Thread: Looking for a new shifter (from TH8A)

Platform
    PC

Looking for a new shifter (from TH8A)

Hey guys,

I've modded my TH8A a little with a 3drap short shifter plate, and their little 3d printed thing that helps stiffen the shifting up a bit.
    It's better than stock but still not quite realistic feeling.

However I'm thinking about getting the updated SHH Shifter (4th ver?), as from what I can see from recent reviews, it may have a better mechanical mechanism and a very fair price.

Price is a factor to me, as I want to get better pedals in the future too

Cheers for any help

Platform
    PC
    did you watch SRG review? Sounds good

Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Platform
    PC
    Yep, in fact that's how I heard about it, and this guy's vid too as someone mentioned it in the comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDYeWNFLRUw

I'd love to try the one from Fanatec but it irks me they don't bother including the dongle for that kind of price. Also I'd be really miff'd if I'd spent that kind of money and it still doesn't feel much better.
    I guess one other factor I have to consider is weight, as I have my shifter connected to a Playseat Challenge (which is still great!).

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've got the new SHH and think it's great, although I haven't tried any others so can't compare it with yours.. Shifts feel nice - short and solid with easily adjusted tension and changing to sequential is quick and easy.
    The thing is ridiculously light but well made and should last a long time. I have it mounted on my playseat challenge and can easily hang it back on my wall with everything connected after a session ( don't think I could do that with the fanatec shifter! )
    If you pull the trigger on one, you might want to get a universal gear knob off eBay, they're only a few quid and feel way better than the one supplied.
    ATB.
    The following user likes this Post: RobPhoboS

Platform
    PC
    That's really good to know !
    I guess one way to measure the force required to pull the shifter is with a luggage scale (usually have a hook on the end).
    I'm going to pop some elastic bands around my shifter shaft this evening (ooer), and see how that feels, and I'm sure ultimately I'll end up ordering the SHH anyway, then I can use the old TH8A as a handbrake. IF I do end up with the SHH I can measure the force required to pull/push the shifter too.

Platform
    PC
    I ordered the SHH NEWT this morning, so in a few weeks I'll be able to give my thought on it.