Thread: G29 Deadzone PLEASE HELP !!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

G29 Deadzone PLEASE HELP !!!

Hi.
    Bought a Logitech G29 a month ago but I have a following problem.There seems to be a little deadzone at the centre of the so that I can move the wheel a few degrees left and right. I read that this is supposed to be common on G29s.However it makes racing on Project Cars difficult as whenever the wheel is centred while playing then it is moving a little bit left/right cos there seems to be no resistance and to make matters worse it shakes a little bit left right making it impossible to steer precisely. THIS HAPPENS only within that tiny deadzone space when it is centered ,rest is fine. spent more than 100 hours with changing ffb settings,reinstalling drivers and reading forums but the problem still exist. Does anybody know how to fix it ??? Thank You

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GAVEL View Post
    Hi.
    Bought a Logitech G29 a month ago but I have a following problem.There seems to be a little deadzone at the centre of the so that I can move the wheel a few degrees left and right. I read that this is supposed to be common on G29s.However it makes racing on Project Cars difficult as whenever the wheel is centred while playing then it is moving a little bit left/right cos there seems to be no resistance and to make matters worse it shakes a little bit left right making it impossible to steer precisely. THIS HAPPENS only within that tiny deadzone space when it is centered ,rest is fine. spent more than 100 hours with changing ffb settings,reinstalling drivers and reading forums but the problem still exist. Does anybody know how to fix it ??? Thank You
    Try my FFB files. See my signature to direct you to the forum topic on this forum where you can download it.

I don't know why Logitech kept that deadzone in the G-series wheels.
    I still have my first FFB wheel and plugged it again after a long time, no deadzone and better FFB but I was limited to 270 degrees of rotation.
    That wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

Anyway, my FFB file... the gear driven files have something to compensate in it (all Logitech wheels are gear driven).
    Instructions on how to install them are within the first post and is quite straight forward. You can also find recommended settings there.

If you look through the posts you can see a lot of G29 users are really happy with my FFB solution.

Good luck!
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    My g27 has this too when i bought it last year.
    Recently it was almost 10 on each side.

I get an other was broken (common issue with little plastic whell) to replace motor and electronic plate but same so i take a look at that plastic whell and discoverd it's strated to broken.
    I glued it,work a bit better but something strange appear now i start to loose angle of rotation with the dead zone of the ffb randomly when i'm on the grass,counter steering or in curve.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Try my FFB files. See my signature to direct you to the forum topic on this forum where you can download it.

I don't know why Logitech kept that deadzone in the G-series wheels.
    I still have my first FFB wheel and plugged it again after a long time, no deadzone and better FFB but I was limited to 270 degrees of rotation.
    That wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

Anyway, my FFB file... the gear driven files have something to compensate in it (all Logitech wheels are gear driven).
    Instructions on how to install them are within the first post and is quite straight forward. You can also find recommended settings there.

If you look through the posts you can see a lot of G29 users are really happy with my FFB solution.

Good luck!
    in my case reducing angle of rotation in logitech profiler reduce the dead zone but not completly,in game that doing nothing cause game change the value.

i will try your new version to see if that work better

But wich fille choose? With anti-oscilliation,Jack Spade or stantard?
    Last edited by capersnip; 24-01-2020 at 09:45.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by capersnip View Post
    in my case reducing angle of rotation in logitech profiler reduce the dead zone but not completly,in game that doing nothing cause game change the value.

I tried reducing the rotation in the logitech profiler and it also helped in my case.if I put 540 degrees in a profiler should I put 540 or rather 1260 degrees (900-540+900=1260) within the calibration in project cars 2 ??

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GAVEL View Post
    I tried reducing the rotation in the logitech profiler and it also helped in my case.if I put 540 degrees in a profiler should I put 540 or rather 1260 degrees (900-540+900=1260) within the calibration in project cars 2 ??
    Appart calibration in the game no otption to set of rotation.
    Only thing is you can change the value in pit.
    Usualy i use around 12-11 to have a smooth steering but have that annoying dead zone ffb

Despite that i manage to have decent time on leaderboard

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=3293302308
    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...icle=728095309
    Last edited by capersnip; 24-01-2020 at 12:34.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by capersnip View Post

Try anti-oscillation with standard FX for now. You can always change them out later and see if you like the one with Jack Spade's FX settings better.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Try anti-oscillation with standard FX for now. You can always change them out later and see if you like the one with Jack Spade's FX settings better.
    Thank you
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen