Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: G29 Deadzone PLEASE HELP !!!

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC

    G29 Deadzone PLEASE HELP !!!

    Hi.
    Bought a Logitech G29 a month ago but I have a following problem.There seems to be a little deadzone at the centre of the so that I can move the wheel a few degrees left and right. I read that this is supposed to be common on G29s.However it makes racing on Project Cars difficult as whenever the wheel is centred while playing then it is moving a little bit left/right cos there seems to be no resistance and to make matters worse it shakes a little bit left right making it impossible to steer precisely. THIS HAPPENS only within that tiny deadzone space when it is centered ,rest is fine. spent more than 100 hours with changing ffb settings,reinstalling drivers and reading forums but the problem still exist. Does anybody know how to fix it ??? Thank You

  2. #2
    WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,257
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GAVEL View Post
    Hi.
    Bought a Logitech G29 a month ago but I have a following problem.There seems to be a little deadzone at the centre of the so that I can move the wheel a few degrees left and right. I read that this is supposed to be common on G29s.However it makes racing on Project Cars difficult as whenever the wheel is centred while playing then it is moving a little bit left/right cos there seems to be no resistance and to make matters worse it shakes a little bit left right making it impossible to steer precisely. THIS HAPPENS only within that tiny deadzone space when it is centered ,rest is fine. spent more than 100 hours with changing ffb settings,reinstalling drivers and reading forums but the problem still exist. Does anybody know how to fix it ??? Thank You
    Try my FFB files. See my signature to direct you to the forum topic on this forum where you can download it.

    I don't know why Logitech kept that deadzone in the G-series wheels.
    I still have my first FFB wheel and plugged it again after a long time, no deadzone and better FFB but I was limited to 270 degrees of rotation.
    That wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

    Anyway, my FFB file... the gear driven files have something to compensate in it (all Logitech wheels are gear driven).
    Instructions on how to install them are within the first post and is quite straight forward. You can also find recommended settings there.

    If you look through the posts you can see a lot of G29 users are really happy with my FFB solution.


    Good luck!
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

    Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

    Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Namur
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    My g27 has this too when i bought it last year.
    Recently it was almost 10 on each side.

    I get an other was broken (common issue with little plastic whell) to replace motor and electronic plate but same so i take a look at that plastic whell and discoverd it's strated to broken.
    I glued it,work a bit better but something strange appear now i start to loose angle of rotation with the dead zone of the ffb randomly when i'm on the grass,counter steering or in curve.

  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Namur
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Try my FFB files. See my signature to direct you to the forum topic on this forum where you can download it.

    I don't know why Logitech kept that deadzone in the G-series wheels.
    I still have my first FFB wheel and plugged it again after a long time, no deadzone and better FFB but I was limited to 270 degrees of rotation.
    That wheel was a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP.

    Anyway, my FFB file... the gear driven files have something to compensate in it (all Logitech wheels are gear driven).
    Instructions on how to install them are within the first post and is quite straight forward. You can also find recommended settings there.

    If you look through the posts you can see a lot of G29 users are really happy with my FFB solution.


    Good luck!
    in my case reducing angle of rotation in logitech profiler reduce the dead zone but not completly,in game that doing nothing cause game change the value.

    i will try your new version to see if that work better

    But wich fille choose? With anti-oscilliation,Jack Spade or stantard?
    Last edited by capersnip; 24-01-2020 at 09:45.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by capersnip View Post
    in my case reducing angle of rotation in logitech profiler reduce the dead zone but not completly,in game that doing nothing cause game change the value.

    i will try your new version to see if that work better

    But wich fille choose? With anti-oscilliation,Jack Spade or stantard?
    I tried reducing the rotation in the logitech profiler and it also helped in my case.if I put 540 degrees in a profiler should I put 540 or rather 1260 degrees (900-540+900=1260) within the calibration in project cars 2 ??

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Namur
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GAVEL View Post
    I tried reducing the rotation in the logitech profiler and it also helped in my case.if I put 540 degrees in a profiler should I put 540 or rather 1260 degrees (900-540+900=1260) within the calibration in project cars 2 ??
    Appart calibration in the game no otption to set of rotation.
    Only thing is you can change the value in pit.
    Usualy i use around 12-11 to have a smooth steering but have that annoying dead zone ffb

    Despite that i manage to have decent time on leaderboard

    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=3293302308
    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...icle=728095309
    Last edited by capersnip; 24-01-2020 at 12:34.

  7. #7
    WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,257
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by capersnip View Post
    in my case reducing angle of rotation in logitech profiler reduce the dead zone but not completly,in game that doing nothing cause game change the value.

    i will try your new version to see if that work better

    But wich fille choose? With anti-oscilliation,Jack Spade or stantard?
    Try anti-oscillation with standard FX for now. You can always change them out later and see if you like the one with Jack Spade's FX settings better.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

    Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

    Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Namur
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Try anti-oscillation with standard FX for now. You can always change them out later and see if you like the one with Jack Spade's FX settings better.
    Thank you
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen


Similar Threads

  1. Gamecontroller and Deadzone - why is deadzone 0 not deadzone 0?
    By Raphael84 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 14:07
  2. Deadzone?
    By CappahUK in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26-12-2015, 05:42
  3. Deadzone or no Deadzone?
    By StarJT26 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-07-2015, 13:15
  4. T300RS deadzone
    By mazinga in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 16:55
  5. G27 deadzone question
    By Luftwaffles in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-06-2015, 11:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •