Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI much quicker

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    All kind of cars. I do notice that the Dallara Indycar can keep up. The more slower cars like the GT3 I can't keep up. But if it is as Bealdor said, then I have to ask myself, why can't I keep up now but before I could. (With default setups) wel more or less default. Mostly I only set the bumpstops to 0 and less fuel and closing the brake ducts and radiator a tiny bit.

As for a vid, that is a bit hard because I have a triple setup and no recording device for recording. Will try and see if I can capture some races somehow.
    Just press Win Key + G if you have Winows 10, it will open up a menu for capturing a video. I doubt that the setups will make a noticeable difference, if there's no technical problem (pedal issue etc), then I think it's just that you got very used to a different sim and now need some time to get back up to speed with another again. It happens very easily when switching from one to the other, since each one s very different in how it handles etc.
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    . I doubt that the setups will make a noticeable difference.
    In some scenarios/tracks gear rations can make a huge difference. Aero too

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    In some scenarios/tracks gear rations can make a huge difference. Aero too
    Monza and the 24h LeMans track, that's it! Oh and the ovals

Platform
    PC
    Just press Win Key + G if you have Winows 10, it will open up a menu for capturing a video. I doubt that the setups will make a noticeable difference, if there's no technical problem (pedal issue etc), then I think it's just that you got very used to a different sim and now need some time to get back up to speed with another again. It happens very easily when switching from one to the other, since each one s very different in how it handles etc.
    I have the game option of windows turned of. I know I can capture that way but it is a bit of a high res to capture. :-) will give it a go.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Monza and the 24h LeMans track, that's it! Oh and the ovals
    Who cares about the ovals ;-). But also some default setups have gearing that is very inappropriate for tracks without longer straights. I have dominated Brands Hatch races just but selecting shorter gearing than default. On default setup one wouldn't ever get to the top gear.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Who cares about the ovals ;-). But also some default setups have gearing that is very inappropriate for tracks without longer straights. I have dominated Brands Hatch races just but selecting shorter gearing than default. On default setup one wouldn't ever get to the top gear.
    Well, not sure if you will like to hear this or not, but you dominated not because of the gearing, but because you have practiced the track a lot and you have become very good at it!

Try again with the default gearing, you will see you will still be fast like before. With most cars (and in a lot of cars you cannot even change the gearing), adjusting gears can only give a couple tenths or so per lap, in tracks like BH. Unless you were using a car that is indeed gearing critical?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Psychotik

Platform
    PC
    Well, not sure if you will like to hear this or not, but you dominated not because of the gearing, but because you have practiced the track a lot and you have become very good at it!

Try again with the default gearing, you will see you will still be fast like before. With most cars (and in a lot of cars you cannot even change the gearing), adjusting gears can only give a couple tenths or so per lap, in tracks like BH. Unless you were using a car that is indeed gearing critical?
    You may be right. Self-deception and bias confirmation are a big part of auto racing, aren't they? ;-)

But from my recollection I saw huge advantage on the straights especially the Pilgrim's Drop straight. Could have been better exit from Surtees, but it felt more than that. I was catching up to and passing people as if I had nitro button from an arcade game ;-). My recollection is a bit vague, but I think I saw it in FR3.5, McLaren GT1, and one of the pre-aero Lotuses. Maybe also the GTO Audi Quattro.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I recorded a few laps on Spa in the Indy car. Forget the bad driving. Lol. Every time I start recording it goes not that well with driving. Stage fright I guess.

As you see the AI is much faster on straights. The AI is set to 98. It is a bit small to see because of the triple setup 7800x1440.
    On the straights the AI takes over, like they have way more power.

Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 21-02-2020 at 19:44.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    [QUOTE=Olijke Poffer;1588851]I recorded a few laps on Spa in the Indy car. Forget the bad driving. Lol. Every time I start recording it goes not that well with driving. Stage fright I guess.

As you see the AI is much faster on straights. The AI is set to 98. It is a bit small to see because of the triple setup 7800x1440.
    On the straights the AI takes over if they have way more power.

It looks time like you are hitting max revs in top gear so try a longer final drive ratio, a lower number.
    You appear to be catching the ai on braking so they may also have lower aero settings increasing their top speed further.

Edit, iirc that car has push to pass boost, that may also be causing your slowness on the straights if you are not using it, hard to see from the video.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 21-02-2020 at 19:44.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Yeah but this is also with GT3 cars and Formula cars etc. I start to believe I never used the AI setting above 90. I can’t remember what it was set to before I started with Pcars again. In R3E I have the AI set to 105 and can keep up with them without much problems.
    I believe that Bealdor had it right. The AI start using setups when set above the 85. I must have had the AI strength set to +/- 80-85.