Thread: External Vibrator + Sim Rig... Idea -> How do I make it real?? (Help!)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

External Vibrator + Sim Rig... Idea -> How do I make it real?? (Help!)

Hello!!!

This week, while I was driving PC2, I have an idea... Every time the car wheels block od the ABS starts working, or the wheel are spinning, the pedals vibrate with the small rumble motors they have (Fanatec CSP V3), so I thought, I could make the whole rig vibrate with an external vibrator.

So I thought if I buy a Chinese external vibrator, put it under my seat, connect each rumble motor to a relay, what would I have?, all shaking when I brake or I have wheel spin!!!

At that moment a smile appears in my face.

So I start searching and I've found something like this and the relay, I've already found it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	278309

Then, I thought, I can connect each wire (one from the brake and other from the gas pedal) to an Arduino, and search the internet some way to make this behaves differently for the break and the gas pedal... and then, everything becomes more difficult, and that's why I'm asking your help... or advice or.. look at this thread, or look here or study this.. or whatever.

What if I connect the Arduino to my laptop USB port, and with some sort of program (if there exists), "program" or just use it as an interface to control the vibrating motor to replicate some effects (like curbs, jumps, wheel lock, wheel spin, etc), I think the 120 Watts motor is enough to make it work at different speeds and intervals to replicate different effects (the Arduino should do it or the software in the laptop), or maybe I need more power?

I think once I saw someone doing something like this with a butt-kicker (and a program that I don't remember that maybe is one of the pieces that I need).

I think this has much more power (than the buttkicker) the benefit that I see is that it is not connected to the sound, it is cheaper and I have the satisfaction of doing it myself... but I need help... Maybe some guide.

What do you think?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Platform
    PC
    can you add a link to the device, to see its specs.
    All i can read on this photo is, that it has a 4 wire cable.
    Maybe it needs 400V. So maybe only controllable by a hi power control. Not good for simracing.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    The following user likes this Post: Rolo F

Platform
    PC
    I've got a bass shaker set up through a cheapo amplifier which feeds the sound/bass through it, the whole thing cost less than 40 and it generally works well. You are dependent on the sound signal giving enough bass to do the job though.
    Although I've not used it, I think the next step up would be this simshaker software:
    https://andres.shop/software/21-simshaker-wheels.html
    I came across it when I was researching my setup, this takes the feed from the game and uses the different outputs like ABS, rumble strip etc and you can route it through the bass shaker(s).
    It might get you a step closer, there is plenty of info on sim racing sites and flight sim sites to help you get a solution.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    can you add a link to the device, to see its specs.
    All i can read on this photo is, that it has a 4 wire cable.
    Maybe it needs 400V. So maybe only controllable by a hi power control. Not good for simracing.
    1 Phase, 220 V

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3292...2-5071c4c857a5

Is what I have in mind, I'm also looking for a bit more powerful options...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I've got a bass shaker set up through a cheapo amplifier which feeds the sound/bass through it, the whole thing cost less than 40 and it generally works well. You are dependent on the sound signal giving enough bass to do the job though.
    Although I've not used it, I think the next step up would be this simshaker software:
    https://andres.shop/software/21-simshaker-wheels.html
    I came across it when I was researching my setup, this takes the feed from the game and uses the different outputs like ABS, rumble strip etc and you can route it through the bass shaker(s).
    It might get you a step closer, there is plenty of info on sim racing sites and flight sim sites to help you get a solution.
    Thanks!!!
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Could this help????
    https://github.com/SHWotever/SimHub/...duino-Shake-It or is something out there like this??

I've found this one.. much more power... could be too much??
    https://login.wamgroup.com/contents/...e=57&codlang=1

Platform
    PC
    Basically, you are trying to do this with bigger rumble motors. The video below has all the instructions, parts and software you need. You may need a way to make sure those bass shakers get more power than a xbox 360 rumble motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLqqcEaUVk
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 3700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    After some research, I have choose a new line... For sure the build is going to be fun... is it going to work? I don't know

For the price of that big vibrator (OMG, search with this word is a nightmare, first was funny, then frustrating) I have bought....

- 1 Arduino UNO
    - 4 Motor Shield V2
    - 16 12V Vibrating motors (545, 370, 385 motors with different setups)
    - +30 metal clamps of different sizes

I already have:
    - Wire
    - Connectors
    - 1000W Power Supply (going to use the two +12V)
    - Project Box
    - 4 540 motors

Each group of motors will be used for a different effect, at different speeds and will be installed on different places of my rig.... It is all-metal construction, so vibrations should travel without any problem... I hope

Sim Hub let you do the following effects:

1) Road: Vibration, Impacts, and rumble
    2) Wheels: Slip and Lock
    3) Gear: Shifting
    4) G forces: Acceleration and Deceleration
    5) Wind: Static wind, Speed wind, curving
    6) Road texture
    7) RPMs
    8) Custom

My idea, for now, is to Simulate Road, wheels, RPMs, and gear shift...

On my mind looks great, but let's see how it is going to be on the real world... if all goes nicely, I will add a pair of bass shakers to the back of the seat in the future, If the motors are don't have enough power I will look for more aggressive options...
    The following user likes this Post: bporion