Thread: It went wonky on me

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

It went wonky on me

Now this is weird. I have been running PC2 since it came out with no problems. I have Fanatec CSR, v2 Pedals, and wheel base with the BMW wheel. I run an MSI mb with I52300, 32gb ram, a gtx 1080 mildly clocked in win7 pro. The last change i made was to upgrade from a 27" 1080 LG curved screen monitor to an MSI 30" curved screen. Now I have 2 issues. First and perhaps easily explained which I can work around. The mouse moves the cursor, but the mouse buttons do not do what they are supposed. Since I can navigate using arrows and enter I have not invested much time in that issue. I suspect it is a driver issue but MSI has washed its hands of providing drivers for Win 7 and basically gave me no options, other than upgrading to Win 10. Thats a story for another day. The problem I really want help with is that now, no matter the track, or car, the throttle will suddenly go to zero rpm then come back on. It is almost always in the middle of a corner at the limit of adhesion and instead of a nice fun drift I get....bupkus. It always cones back but the time may be milliseconds or multiple seconds. And it ALAWAYS shuts off at full throttle. The pedal shows as working smoothly and properly in Fanatecs utility, and it works flawlessly in both Assetto Corsa and Rfactor2. I ave tried setup utility as many ways as I can think of and I went so far as to completely uninstall the game and reinstall to a different drive but.......

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Platform
    PC
    What resolution are you running now?
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (445.78) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    What resolution are you running now?
    2560x1440 The game Runs fine and there is no dropped frames stuttering or visual issues at all. And as I said it runs perfectly in Assetto and rFactor 2.

Platform
    PC
    The second issue sounds to me like some driving assist has switched on by accident.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    The second issue sounds to me like some driving assist has switched on by accident.
    Thanks. I went through them on the DS panel box but will double check in the actual settings and make sure a button has not gotten reassigned. Still, it is odd that I can duplicate the corner line and have it do it some times and not others. Will post back if this solves.