Thread: windows mixed reality problem on Pcars2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question windows mixed reality problem on Pcars2

Hello, maybe someone can help me

I just have an issue with my VR headset which is an Acer AH101.
    I can't launch the game in VR, i see the "vr menu" in the game's options but in my headset I'm always having the PCars2 logo and nothing happens.

I have installed SteamVr of course, "WMR for Steam VR" of course, the headset works on all my games as assetto corsa, assetto corsa competizione, Zero Caliber,...

I have tried to launch it via Steam VR, but in the parameter menu "Launch in VR" it says that my headset is not compatible.
    By starting on Steam, the game launches in normal mode when I select "Launch in VR mode". I can't launch it by selecting "Launch in VR mode (occulus)", an error message appears "You headset is not supported".

I'm pretty sure i juste missed a little configuration tips, someone to help me?
    Thanks by advance
    (sorry for my bad english)

Platform
    PC
    did you try SteamVR beta + WMR 4 SteamVR beta?
    Also try to rename you project Cars 2 folder in documents and let pCARS2 generate a complete new configuration. Maybe some of current configuration is corrupt.

BTW. Starting in Oculus mode with a WMR(SteamVR) headset is not possible. Thats a different techique. Otherwise it would have ben called WMR for OculusVR
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    Also try to rename you project Cars 2 folder in documents and let pCARS2 generate a complete new configuration. Maybe some of current configuration is corrupt.

BTW. Starting in Oculus mode with a WMR(SteamVR) headset is not possible. Thats a different techique. Otherwise it would have ben called WMR for OculusVR
    Thanks, I'll try with your advice and i'll tell if it works.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

I tried with StemVR Beta and WMR for SteamVr Beta but it's still not working.
    I'm dowloading the game again, maybe you're right, juste a configuration problem.

Thx!

Platform
    PC
    you must not reinstall the game in steam. Just do a folderceck if you think the installation is faulty.
    Configuration is only placed in your documents folder and will not be deleted if you reinstall.
    Thats why, most times reinstall will not help.
    As i wrote, rename or delete the folder in your documents and start pCARS2 to get a new default.

BTW, if corrupted config is also synced to Steamcloud, it could be good to disable the cloudsync before.
    Or you'll hang in a bad loop. You start from scatch, but get foulty things back from the cloud. HEADSHOT
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    you must not reinstall the game in steam. Just do a folderceck if you think the installation is faulty.
    Configuration is only placed in your documents folder and will not be deleted if you reinstall.
    Thats why, most times reinstall will not help.
    As i wrote, rename or delete the folder in your documents and start pCARS2 to get a new default.

BTW, if corrupted config is also synced to Steamcloud, it could be good to disable the cloudsync before.
    Or you'll hang in a bad loop. You start from scatch, but get foulty things back from the cloud. HEADSHOT
    Ok, i did all what you say: renamed the folder "Project Cars 2" in "my documents" (The game created a new one), i disabled cloud sync in the games properties before that, but still the same problem.
    In my VR headset i see the Project cars 2 logo and the text below says "lanching" and when i launch a fast race to test, the logo disapears in my Vr Headset and it only appears in my second screen.

Platform
    PC
    did you own another headset before. e.g. Oculus?

It would be nice, if you add your PC Specs into your signature

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    CPU: Core i7-3770K € 3.5Ghz
    Ram: 16.0 Go
    Windows: 64 bits
    Gpu: GTX 970
    VR: Acer AH101
    Screens: 2 screens one for the office hdmi and one for the playseat (dvi)