Thread: Lightning issue on Thunderstorm conditions

Platform
    XBOX1

Lightning issue on Thunderstorm conditions

I've been playing Project CARS 2 in my Xbox One S since I bought it, and I realized that the thunderstorm weather shows the light of the lightning, but WHERE is the lightning? I can see only the light where the lightning is landing to, so what more can I do? Also, I can't hear the storms' loud noise as well.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Javarini View Post
    I've been playing Project CARS 2 in my Xbox One S since I bought it, and I realized that the thunderstorm weather shows the light of the lightning, but WHERE is the lightning? I can see only the light where the lightning is landing to, so what more can I do? Also, I can't hear the storms' loud noise as well.
    I'm on PC so I don't know if you have a problem with your console. On PC the Sonoma track has many strikes. Try Sonoma Short in night time, there are easily over 50 strikes in a single lap.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1586865
    Last edited by blinkngone; 08-03-2020 at 10:16.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    XBOX1
    As far as I know, my Xbox One S has NO problems. I don't know if the strikes are invisible in the console version, but I tried to figure out and so far no good results.

Platform
    PC
    As far as I know, my Xbox One S has NO problems. I don't know if the strikes are invisible in the console version, but I tried to figure out and so far no good results.
    Ok, make sure you are in Replay, it's way too difficult in Photo Mode real time, it's lightning afterall. It's easier if you start with the Chase camera. As soon as you see the area light up click the Photo Mode. You have to have the mouse on the Photo Mode icon and hit it quickly, you can't move over to the icon when the area lights up because you will be too slow and miss it. Then you can search around for the strike. You can also slow the Replay down. Click on the Pause sign/icon then you can control the speed of the Replay with the throttle. If you go too fast and pass the strike then you have to start the lap over to get that strike. That's the advantage with the Sonoma track, it gives you many chances. In Chase camera most of the strikes you will get will be to the side or in front of your car. If you use the Trackside camera you can get your car in front with the strikes more often behind your car. Oh, I am assuming you know that you should use the drone camera to search for the lightning strike.

Here, at Sonoma Short in Replay there is frequently a strike to the left when you come out from under the bridge.
    Area lights up in Chase camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2020-03-08 16-09-13-67.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	278461
    Rotate left with the Drone to locate the strike.

Name:	pCARS2 2020-03-08 16-09-22-50.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	278462
    Frame your car to the strike.

Name:	pCARS2 2020-03-08 16-10-09-27.jpg 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	278463
    You can Edit the screenshot to get the effect you want. For example.

Name:	pCARS2 2020-03-08 16-27-56-56.jpg 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	278464
    Last edited by blinkngone; 08-03-2020 at 19:29.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Click on the Pause sign/icon then you can control the speed of the Replay with the throttle
    That's so cool, I never knew that! You can also use brake to go back, and buttons on the wheel (Y and B on mine) to look to the side.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    XBOX1
    I am NOT on PC, just to let you know. I would share my screenshots but I am not allowed to post attachments ��

Platform
    PC
    I am NOT on PC, just to let you know. I would share my screenshots but I am not allowed to post attachments ��
    Yeah, but do you have the replay and drone options we do?
    This is what a PC Replay screen looks like.

Name:	pCARS2 2020-03-08 19-10-01-32.jpg 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	278466
    Last edited by blinkngone; 08-03-2020 at 22:11.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    That's so cool, I never knew that! You can also use brake to go back, and buttons on the wheel (Y and B on mine) to look to the side.
    Yeah, the brake doesn't help with the lightning though, it doesn't work by going back. You have to do another reply lap to catch that strike again. The only time you can brake backward and catch a strike is when there is a multiple strike(2,3 or 4) and you catch one of others. I have done that a few times but mostly you get just one shot per lap at a strike in a certain area of the replay. I use the brake back in burnouts, I can go back and forth and get more smoke. I also use the brake/back to get the backfires.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 08-03-2020 at 22:13.

Platform
    PC
    There is a limit before you can post screenshots, with your current post count I think you are good now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Yeah, the brake doesn't help with the lightning though, it doesn't work by going back. You have to do another reply lap to catch that strike again..
    Sure I get it, time works weird in replays. Once I found out that when you crash and damage your headlight, and then rewind before the crash, the headlight is not working (before it's broken). Or something of that nature, I may me misremembering the details. Dirt clouds also behave weirdly. So I get that the brake is not useful for lightning, but can be useful when trying to pinpoint a specific moment to grab a picture, or when watching a replay to decide who was at fault in an incident.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos