Thread: PC Cars 2 Camera default position.

Platform
    PC

PC Cars 2 Camera default position.

Hello,

I`m new here. I love the PC 2 game. I`m using a Samsung C49 ultrawide screen / Sim Lab Rig / Fanatac DD1 and Club Sport V3 pedals. Recommended Cockpit FOV 74

Actually I`m happy with my setup, but the camera position really annoys me.

In career mode (Formula Renault 3,5) cockpit (helmet) view I adjusted the seat (forward/backward up and down and I completely f***ed up my view. The Driver suit appears in the Picture... and something like that

I know Numpad 5 will set the view to Default Position - That`s fine

But every time when I start my game (Career) again… I`m in this f***ed view again Why is not possible to save the view once it`s comfortable…??

I`m really struggling with the seat Position in this game.

Please HELP ME!

Last edited by Mikethrash; 25-03-2020 at 21:00.

Platform
    PC
    No one could help? Now also the helmet is gone?

FOV 80 and helmet on. Is this a bug?

I don`t want to uninstall the game. Then all the Career Progress is gone
    Last edited by Mikethrash; 26-03-2020 at 15:21.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This has been requested (reset seat option), but not implemented as far as I know. I've never fiddled with those settings, but here is some info from forum user poumpoum that may be of help:
    Quote Originally Posted by poumpoum
    After searching on the forum, this is my conclusion :
    - NEVER MAP the seat camera action (because you will never been able to reset them, I had to delete my savegame in the steam cloud for that...)
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k to enter in a special mode : you can move up/down/forward/backward (Q,S,D,E for azerty keyboard), it is faster than step by step
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k again to enter in a second special mode : same keys but you can move left and right
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k again to exit this special mode

When you exit a session and start a new one the seat position is reset to the initial position (nothing is save).
    When you're in special mode you can use numpad #5 to reset to the inital seat position.

I don't get why all this isn't expain in the control menu... (never played PC1, launch PC2 for the first time yesterday)
    But having an option to reset the seat position would be so much better !
    Keep in mind there are two different cameras for cockpit use: Cockpit and Helmet. And in Helmet mode, you can choose to show the actual helmet or not.

I don't know if it's mentioned in Yorkie065's excellent series but they are well worth a look anyway:
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - proper PC2 leaderboards for console - Forum thread
    The following user likes this Post: Mikethrash

Platform
    PC
    I wonder if renaming the "default.localsettings.v1.03.sav" file (and/or "default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav") in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\[steamid]\project cars 2\profiles to something else would reset that setting without losing your progress? You can also make a copy of all the .sav files in that directory before attempting this, so that you can always copy them back.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (445.78) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Platform
    PC
    So based on this I Need to reinstall my game to get rid of this fucked up Cockpit view?? Oh no!!!

I will save my Career files then.

Platform
    PC
    not delete the full profile. Just the one .sav. file
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Platform
    PC
    I tried, but when starting the game, its still like before. The game progress and everything is still there. How can I complete reset the game??? Without steam cloud progress??