Thread: Logitech G29 working, Project Cars 2 not. [Solved]

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation Logitech G29 working, Project Cars 2 not. [Solved]

okay so when i am in the menus I can go up and down left right with paddles. everything that needs to work in menus does, except for wheel and paddles. I know the wheel isn't working in the menus because my spring strength is set to .05 and it won't move. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MY WHEEL WORKED YESTERDAY WHEN I GOT IT. I WOKE UP THIS MORNING RESTARTED COMPUTER AND IT DOESNT. So i get into any race and click ready, or start to go out of pits. AS SOON AS i LEAVE PITS I CANT STEER OR GIVE GAS BRAKE. the wheel works on other games, I've reset my controllers, done all of logitech's troublehsooting steps. still no luck. I even REINSTALLED THE GAME. No luck,

PLEASE Help

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Delouth View Post
    okay so when i am in the menus I can go up and down left right with paddles. everything that needs to work in menus does, except for wheel and paddles. I know the wheel isn't working in the menus because my spring strength is set to .05 and it won't move. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT MY WHEEL WORKED YESTERDAY WHEN I GOT IT. I WOKE UP THIS MORNING RESTARTED COMPUTER AND IT DOESNT. So i get into any race and click ready, or start to go out of pits. AS SOON AS i LEAVE PITS I CANT STEER OR GIVE GAS BRAKE. the wheel works on other games, I've reset my controllers, done all of logitech's troublehsooting steps. still no luck. I even REINSTALLED THE GAME. No luck,

PLEASE Help
    Would you mind trying deleting the Project CARS 2 folder from \Documents?
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    Or renaming the folder (so you can put it back if it doesn't change anything).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The file you need to delete to reset your controller is called default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

you can find it in your documents folder Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\Some numbers will be here\project cars 2\profiles
    The following 3 users likes this Post: chriscrowe, Iuse2stroke4cologne, OzTheMalefic

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gandy View Post
    The file you need to delete to reset your controller is called default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

you can find it in your documents folder Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\Some numbers will be here\project cars 2\profiles
    Thanks for the info on this one. Had the same problem as OP, worked earlier in the day, then nothing. Instantly solved my issue.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Iuse2stroke4cologne, Mahjik

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

I created this account to say thanks for the help. Deleting the controller settings file worked. Thanks again, cheers!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    hello;
    Someone else happens to you that sometimes the simulated steering wheel rotates much faster than the real one? or that sometimes calibrates to 900 degrees and others only leaves half?
    The only solution I have seen is to leave the dead zone at 1, but it is not precise in straight
    Thank you

Platform
    PC
    I made a post like this last weekend. I didn't delete or reinstall any drivers, I didn't delete any folders. All I did tonight was hit the "reset to default" button in the controller options page, then I was able to calibrate and use my wheel as normal.
    PS4 username-Keith_35
    Logitech G29 wheel, PC GTX 1060 video card on a 50"HD Smart TV ~ Experience- EA sports NASCAR All Editions- Gran Turismo 4,5,6- Codemasters F1 2010-2014- Iracing 2009-2015- Project Cars 2015 ~If you're not going to race clean then why bother racing?!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Is it recommended to install LGS?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Just Registered on this site to post a thank you - worked perfectly! I have only just installed Project Cars 2, and Logitech G-Hub, and the wheel + pedals had never once worked (buttons did) until I deleted this, thanks!