Thread: Lotus Event Italy Tyre temps

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Lotus Event Italy Tyre temps

Hi,
    I read a few threads on this but did not find a satisfying answer. Is there a downloadable setup for this? Even if I choose the vintage tyres, they are cold after one lap. I don't even know whether they are on or not. Setup does not seem to work at all: I've set type pressure to 1.28bar for all tyres but the numbers next to the tyre symbols show 1.6 and 1.58.

This is a problem with all wet races, the AI does not have a problem with this. For plain career races I simply don't care, let the AI have their wins.

So, is there something to download? TBH I don't want to deal with setup sh***.

Have fun,
    Oppa

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,
    took me hours to read all your replies.

There is something fishy going on. I've finished Formula Renault 3.5 and started Formula A and this happens in both series in the rain:

- In Qualifying: I start with cold tyres, they warm up and keep temperature. Cold tyres have less grip but I can keep the car on track.
    - In Race: The tyres are pre-heated but cool down. It's impossible (for me) to keep the car.

For now, I just quit out of rain races unless there are only 2 or 3 laps left.

Have fun,
    Oppa

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OppaErich View Post
    I've set type pressure to 1.28bar for all tyres but the numbers next to the tyre symbols show 1.6 and 1.58.
    Hi Oppa, does this happen right away as soon as you go out on the track or is this the tyre pressure after you´ve done a few laps? You do know that pressure rises while racing due to the heat that goes into the tyres, right?

Which specific car on which specific track under which conditions (date, time, weather settings) are you talking about? It can well be that in winter you don´t get a tyre working whereas in summer the same tyre on the same track will overheat.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OppaErich View Post
    Hi,
    took me hours to read all your replies.

There is something fishy going on. I've finished Formula Renault 3.5 and started Formula A and this happens in both series in the rain:

- In Qualifying: I start with cold tyres, they warm up and keep temperature. Cold tyres have less grip but I can keep the car on track.
    - In Race: The tyres are pre-heated but cool down. It's impossible (for me) to keep the car.

For now, I just quit out of rain races unless there are only 2 or 3 laps left.

Have fun,
    Oppa
    Hey, sorry you are having issues but at least you've kept your sense of humor. Here is sloppymusics guide for the 3.5 although you have already completed this. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1518868

Formula A although you didn't like this either. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1522468

Rain has frustrated many and there was a lengthy post on the 49C by Vintage series runners. You chose the best option tires(Vintage) for rain but the tire temps/pressures dropping are not something you can optimize. A long time ago I ran some Custom races with the 49C using Vintage tires and to me the AI were not too bad in the rain. The AI don't run the tires you have so they have an advantage sometimes.
    Sometimes depending on the car you have an advantage.

The puddle/lakes are huge. I ran again just to see, I spun a couple of times, it was truly miserable with Rain setting. The AI seem to be faster now than when I ran on the older patch. I have read posts on here where the rain in Career races is worse than you can set up in a Custom race. In Custom Race you can use Pause/Replay/Resume and stop the puddle/lakes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2020-04-20 05-34-12-68.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	279125
    lotus 49, Light Rain the puddle/lakes were not as devastating.

Name:	pCARS2 2020-04-20 09-54-31-63.jpg 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	279127

Name:	pCARS2 2020-04-20 10-12-16-88.jpg 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	279128
    Last edited by blinkngone; 20-04-2020 at 14:13.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Hi Oppa, does this happen right away as soon as you go out on the track or is this the tyre pressure after you´ve done a few laps? You do know that pressure rises while racing due to the heat that goes into the tyres, right?
    This is right at the start. The setting being for cold tyres is what I'm thinking too now.
    Which specific car on which specific track under which conditions (date, time, weather settings) are you talking about?
    It's one of these events you need to get an invitation. Classic Lotus at Imola. Well, it's daytime and heavy rain if you ask me. A Brit might call this "sunny moisture" The tyres are cold within one lap and I lose the car at the 1st Lesmo of the 2nd lap.

This applies to all of these invitational events so far. They were all in the rain but the Lotus one is the worst.

Have fun,
    Oppa

Platform
    PC
    If it is raining then no wonder the tyres will run stone cold after two or three laps. As these cars don´t have special wet tyres (IIRC that is), then there is nothing much that you can do about it. You can try a little less tyre pressure and also try some different toe and camber angles but I am afraid it won´t change much. You´d better get used to it, go a little slower and learn how to manage to get around in the wet. Good luck and have fun.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de