Thread: Major problem with PS4/PC2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Major problem with PS4/PC2

I posted a thread a few days ago about a problem after a software error and losing my data. That ship seems to have sailed, but the problem has expanded. I had to reset the PS4 to defaults. But now when I drive, the brakes come on and off - mainly when cornering but also a bit on the straights. The throttle blips as well. Essentially, it is undrivable. I have cleaned the disc, I have cleaned the G29 pedals I use. I have bought a new G29 and disc and deleted the game (my settings did not disappear this tim) and reinstalled it.
    Nothing has changed. So its NOT the wheel or the disc as far as I can see. I also have F1 2016. That still works perfectly. So it doesn't seem to be the PS4. I tried Project Cars - the first one - and on that I can't change gear. Or rather, the paddles don't work (they work to change the menus, but no on track), I can change up gears using the 0 button, but there is no downshift. I recalibrated the wheel - nothing. I tried to reassign the functions on the wheel, but when I select a function, it simply says "you need to assign the function" or some such.
    Anyway, the first PC is the least of my worries. Can ANYONE help me sort out PC2? What can I do to get it working again? Many thanks!

Platform
    PC
    Has the software ever worked properly for you since the last patch? (-Not sure when that was, but it's been a long time since anything has changed)
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Maybe double check that steering assist and brake assist are off, that can cause weird stuff to happen.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks. Basically, all was working fine until a few days ago when I had the "a serious error has occurred in the software system". Then PC2 worked for a bit, but maybe after a day developed the glitch described above. With the original Project Cars, I can't assign buttons on the wheel. The G29 doesn't seem to register. It says its a G29 in the "controls" menu, but the controls are all messed up and I can't reassign them (having watched Youtube to remember how to do it- I can change up gears, using the 0 button, but there is no downshift I can find). I couldn't save data to an external hard disc, either and the headphones I use are sort of going on and off all the time. But, as I said, F1 2016 is working PERFECTLY. So, I have cleaned the pedals, changed the wheel to a new G29 and reinstalled PC2 and I STILL have the same issue. I have NO idea what to do next Is there a WMD person who maybe could help? (Project Cars 1 seems to drive ok - no brake or throttle issue, but no gear changing). Desperate to sort PC2
    out. Thanks
    Last edited by Mincepie10; 13-04-2020 at 19:09. Reason: Add

Platform
    PC
    So if you have a fresh install and a new G29, as well as your other issues with sound and saving to HDD, would that point to a serious issue with the PS4 itself? I think I'd be looking at maybe a factory reset on the PS4, but perhaps try running PC2 on the gamepad first. Stuff like this happens all the time on PCs, and you just have to eliminate the various odd shit that is happening and pin it down to the faulty link in the chain.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    I have NO idea what to do next Is there a WMD person who maybe could help?
    If it worked recently, then the software itself isn't the issue. The software has not changed since it last worked for you. The code that worked a few days ago has not been changed by WMD. (No updates for a long time)
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the advice. I double checked the braking assist and it was, indeed, on. I tried briefly this morning before work and it "seems" to be working. Have to give it a proper try later. Still can't seem to get PC1 going though. Which is a shame. Just driving the RUF Porsche for a few seconds made me curious about how it compares to PC2. Maybe it's the issues I was having, but the sound and the feel seemed a bit more realistic/alive than PC2. Could be my settings, of course.