Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyre warming issue on Xbox Live Gold version of game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Tyre warming issue on Xbox Live Gold version of game

Hi, all. This is my first post on the forum so please excuse me if I inadvertently break any rules. I just wondered if anyone had encountered an issue with warming tyres having downloaded PC2 via Xbox Live Gold. I have a physical copy of the game and have had no such issues, but when competing in private races online with two friends who have downloaded the game this way, they have sporadic issues whereby they cannot get heat into their tyres. And not like it's just difficult, or that they have obvious setup issues - absolutely no heat at all, regardless of weather or distance driven. It should be noted that they do not have this problem in single player modes. This is obviously causing an issue where I have an unfair advantage and thus can spoil the game. They have the latest version/update installed (7.1.0.0, I believe,) but symptoms persist. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    To clarify, this has occurred on a variety of tracks, in a number of different cars and weather conditions. The last occurrence was at Laguna Seca, clear weather, in the BMW M6 GTLM using the default stable setup. All of us in the same car, using the same settings, but only me being able to get heat into my tyres. Afterwards, the other lads tried the same thing as a private testing session; they had warm tyres and were 6-7 seconds quicker per lap. I'm baffled and cannot find anything about this being an existing bug. Any help would be much appreciated.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi there. Im having the same issuse with our league racing one round you have grip nexf round no grip. Ie 5 driver cant warm there tyres on the out lap and other 16 can. Its a big issuse and cant be swept under the carpet. We are about 40 drivers and are thinking of taking our league racing to a diffrent sim.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiewiet201 View Post
    Hi there. Im having the same issuse with our league racing one round you have grip nexf round no grip. Ie 5 driver cant warm there tyres on the out lap and other 16 can. Its a big issuse and cant be swept under the carpet. We are about 40 drivers and are thinking of taking our league racing to a diffrent sim.
    Hi, Kiewet201. Do you know if those of you suffering the problem are those without physical copies of the game, or is it random? Like I say, I haven't had the issue myself - just my mates with the Xbox Live Gold download. This might have no bearing on anything, it's just the only thing different between how I'm playing the game and how they're playing it. I guess I always host the private games, so there could be something in that. Otherwise, I have no idea!
    Last edited by Valjester; 21-04-2020 at 09:28.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Valjester View Post
    Hi, Kiewet201. Do you know if those of you suffering the problem are those without physical copies of the game, or is it random?
    Have you consider that could be related with the XBOX version (One vs X)? I remember people commenting that original version, the physics are on the limit of the CPU, but in X everything goes better.
    If Gold version is "different" for any reason, it's a problem that suposedly MS/SMS should fix.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 21-04-2020 at 11:29.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Have you consider that could be related with the XBOX version (One vs X)? I remember people commenting that original version, the physics are on the limit of the CPU, but in X everything goes better.
    If Gold version is "different" for any reason, it's a problem that suposedly MS/SMS should fix.
    That's a very good point. I'm running a One X and my two friends are running Ones. Seems odd but that may be it! Thanks for your thoughts, Asturbo 👍🏻

Platform
    PC
    If it happens sporadically, I suspect indeed that the lower performance of XBox One is the culprit. They'll have to make sure that the console is not doing anything else (e.g. downloading or installing updates) in the background when they play pC2.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    If it happens sporadically, I suspect indeed that the lower performance of XBox One is the culprit. They'll have to make sure that the console is not doing anything else (e.g. downloading or installing updates) in the background when they play pC2.
    Thanks, Sankyo. I'll keep this thread updated with our progress should we find a solution. Any other input most welcome!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    A Reddit post I found suggests the issue is indeed due to the lesser processing power of the Xbox One compared to the Xbox One X. The suggestion was to limit the AI opponents within online sessions. As we usually have a grid of 16 cars, this is probably a good shout. We will try this tomorrow and I'll report back with the results. Fingers crossed!

Platform
    PC
    You forgot to comment in the OP that futhermore your friends, there are another 13 AI's players. That would have helped a lot to diagnose.
    13 bots plus 3 humans is a huge load for the orginal XBOX. Probably the CPU can't handle and then physics gets crazy for them.
    Remove AI players from the lobby to confirm. If it works as expected, try to add 4-5 bots. Probably up 10-12 cars in grid will work fine.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 21-04-2020 at 18:19.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list