Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Personal Covid stories.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Ah well at least drinking bleach, injecting disinfectant into your lungs and sticking a flashlight down your pipe did the trick, glad you took your medical advice from the right experts
    Haha indeed..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    XBOX1
    Reality has surpassed any satire and anything Monty Python did, and is officially more unreal than the games we're playing.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bmanic, bporion, John Hargreaves, MaximusN, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    That's a really good point actually, it must be hard being a satirical comedian these days where the reality is just so crazy that if you wrote it as satire, people would say it was too far fetched.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bmanic, bporion, cluck, EmilGlockner, rich1e I

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    That's a really good point actually, it must be hard being a satirical comedian these days where the reality is just so crazy that if you wrote it as satire, people would say it was too far fetched.
    Rory Bremner made the same observation many years ago (it's well over 10 years, I'm sure), saying it was getting harder and harder to write good satire as the politicians and public faces of large businesses were doing things and were themselves so ridiculous that it was becoming hard to satirise them, their actions were themselves bordering on satire. It's got worse since then
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 8 users likes this Post: bmanic, cpcdem, Invincible, John Hargreaves, Konan, Mad Al, Olijke Poffer, Roel de Meulder

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    There have been reports in the news and in scientific articles about especially chronic fatigue and chronic pain. Although scientifically this has never been proven to be HPV-vaccine related but the timing in all of these cases to me as an individual does indicate some relationship, but as said earlier...
    I'm not saying there cannot be a connection, but it is very dangerous to think that correlation and causation are the same. If a huge number of people get vaccinated in a short time, there will be seemingly connected occurrances of certain symptoms, illnesses or other things just because of statistics and chance, while not having any connection with the vaccination.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 8 users likes this Post: bmanic, cluck, cpcdem, Invincible, John Hargreaves, Konan, Maskmagog, rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hey Olijke, are your senses of taste and smell back?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Hey Olijke, are your senses of taste and smell back?
    I just wanted to write an update.

No... well no is a bit to much negative. It is a bit better but far from ideal. I can smell a little bit better. Although we all know how badly gas smells. The gas which is used on our stove. I did not smelled that at all. When I now turn on the gas without lit it, I can smell it a tiny little bit but I won’t turn my head away because the bad odour.
    With my taste it is more or less the same. I can taste some sweetness, sour and bitter but salt I do not taste at all. I’m still hoping for fully recovering of taste and smell although I start to believe I have to live with a lesser smell and taste for the rest of my life.

Health wise it goes much better. I’m back to work fulltime although at the end of the day the energie is completely drained.
    I still can’t jump in my rig and race a few laps. It still is to exhausting for me. So I only play games like SnowRunner lol...

All in all it goes better. i am a happy and caring person by nature. Since the covid I lost that but now it is comming back so I know it is going in the right direction.

Thanks for asking by the way.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 11-06-2020 at 15:42.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: bporion, Charger, cpcdem, F1_Racer68, John Hargreaves, Maskmagog, rich1e I, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I just wanted to write an update.

No... well no is a bit to much negative. It is a bit better but far from ideal. I can smell a little bit better. Although we all know how badly gas smells. The gas which is used on our stove. I did not smelled that at all. When I now turn on the gas without lit it, I can smell it a tiny little bit but I won’t turn my head away because the bad odour.
    With my taste it is more or less the same. I can taste some sweetness, sour and bitter but salt I do not taste at all. I’m still hoping for fully recovering of taste and smell although I start to believe I have to live with a lesser smell and taste for the rest of my life.

Health wise it goes much better. I’m back to work fulltime although at the end of the day the energie is completely drained.
    I still can’t jump in my rig and race a few laps. It still is to exhausting for me. So I only play games like SnowRunner lol...

All in all it goes better. i am a happy and caring person by nature. Since the covid I lost that but now it is comming back so I know it is going in the right direction.

Thanks for asking by the way.
    Well hopefully you'll get these senses back to 100% soon. Such a strange effect to lose some of your senses due to a virus infection. Hopefully scientists can shed some light on this as they learn more and more about it. At least you can taste your own cakes for now when you make some.
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    About correlation and causation: Stop giving Nicolas Cage movie roles!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	correlation.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	279960
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - proper PC2 leaderboards for console - Forum thread
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, John Hargreaves

Platform
    XBOX1
    Yep. I also noticed, when people start eating more ice cream their skin colour changes and some even start looking like lobsters!
    Last edited by rich1e I; 11-06-2020 at 22:57.
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog