Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving multiplayer race during cooldown lap

Platform
    PC

Leaving multiplayer race during cooldown lap

Is there a way to leave during the cooldown lap without losing ranking points, and if yes, how? I do not find that much fun in doing donuts with people sometimes for two minutes or more.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Jajaja, i Made the mistake of leave early and i lost all the points for winning the Race.
    You just have to wait.
    OR you can hit the cars that hit you in the Race for revenge (that is what i do most of the time.)
    OR you Also can run backwards. Is funny run the track the other way

Platform
    PC
    Well running backwards means being a d*ck to people who are still finishing their last lap.

A few simracing videos

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    Well running backwards means being a d*ck to people who are still finishing their last lap.
    You can aboid them.... And you turn in to a ghost as well

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bowencw View Post
    You can aboid them....
    But you scare them and it may ruin their final lap.

Quote Originally Posted by bowencw View Post
    And you turn in to a ghost as well
    Only if ghosting is enabled. Sometimes it isn't

A few simracing videos

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    More to the point, as Yorkie reports in one of his videos, Online Reputation is still in effect during cooldown if enabled for the race. So if your safety rating matters to you, don't go off track, cause collisions, or anything else that would be cause to drop rating during the cooldown lap.

Mind you, once up to S rating, it seems almost impossible to go back down again, and I see S rated guys up to all kinds of no good during cooldown (!) so perhaps it doesn't deduct THAT much. Then again, once S rated, I don't think ANYTHING short of weeks of thuggery can drop you back to A or lower. I've never seen it, anyway, and I've seen all kinds of thuggery in races by S level drivers. Maybe once S level, that's it..? You can't go down?

Anyone managed to drop below S once achieved?

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I remember one person said here that he briefly did get to A from S, but that was very shortly after he had reached S. Then he got back to S and never looked back. I suspect that what happens is that after you reach S, you build a buffer on it which keeps increasing more and more, so after a while you can safely crash into others all the time without any fear of losing it...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Makes sense. Hopefully, PC3 adopt a more ACC like rating system. But looking at the trailers, perhaps this isn't SMS's new direction. Or they are keeping the hardcore stuff tightly under wraps while they tease the kids and get them to pre-order?! LOL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDriver View Post
    More to the point, as Yorkie reports in one of his videos, Online Reputation is still in effect during cooldown if enabled for the race. So if your safety rating matters to you, don't go off track, cause collisions, or anything else that would be cause to drop rating during the cooldown lap.

Mind you, once up to S rating, it seems almost impossible to go back down again, and I see S rated guys up to all kinds of no good during cooldown (!) so perhaps it doesn't deduct THAT much. Then again, once S rated, I don't think ANYTHING short of weeks of thuggery can drop you back to A or lower. I've never seen it, anyway, and I've seen all kinds of thuggery in races by S level drivers. Maybe once S level, that's it..? You can't go down?

Anyone managed to drop below S once achieved?
    nope (so far), but I got to S pretty quickly, so I guess I am behaving relatively well.

the questions is - do accidents during cooldown count towards safety rating?

A few simracing videos

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    According to Yorkie, yes they do. Behaviors that would drop your Safety Rating in a race also drop it during cooldown.

The issue seems to be that SMS's Rating system is very slow to demote higher ratings, especially S class, so bad behavior during cooldown rarely affects ratings unless you are right on the cusp of having achieved a higher rating and not yet built up a buffer.

Truth is, there's next to zero developer info on weighting or actual data on how much each incident costs you, so impossible to quantify. As stated earlier, very few ever report their SR ever goes down unless immediately after it goes up, and even there it's a tiny handful. So the speculation that the buffer for bad behavior is huge once you reach S level SR seems legit.