Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The question is...When is Project Cars 3 going to be released?

Release title for Next Gen consoles ....

just a guess

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck, davidt33, morpwr

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Haven't heard anything? Just google project cars 3.
    When i google it i dont see anything but predictions of what it will be said back in July 2019 and the "it will be moving in a different direction" article from a 2018 statement.Unless I missed it i dont see anything that even dates to this year. That all i get when i google it . https://www.bing.com/search?q=projec...&wsso=Moderate
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    When i google it i dont see anything but predictions of what it will be said back in July 2019 and the "it will be moving in a different direction" article from a 2018 statement.Unless I missed it i dont see anything that even dates to this year. That all i get when i google it . https://www.bing.com/search?q=projec...&wsso=Moderate
    This is what I was replying to

The first project cars was released in May 2015. Project cars 2 was released 2 years and 3 months later in sept 2017. Its been 2 years and 8 months since pcars 2 was released if i counted right. Cant help but wonder why we still havnt heard anything about a project cars 3.
    You said you still haven't heard anything about a project cars 3. It seems you have heard about a project cars 3 and what you meant to say was you haven't heard anything about project cars 3 this year.

Picking up on your time-line, its important to remember PC2 was begun in June 2015. So with release in September 2017, development took 2 years 3 months. PC3 was not begun until December 2018, so if we assume a development period of at least 2 years 3 months we are looking at release in 2021. Especially if PC3 is to be "released when its ready" rather than PC2 which was released when they promised but would have benefited from more time.

As to news this year, Ian has tweeted a few times about PC3. Here is an example

https://twitter.com/willy08lora/stat...05072537587715

I think if you bear in mind SMS will want to focus publicity on the Fast & Furious game and that release of PC3 is probably a year away, although news would be great, it should not be worrying if there isn't much news at the moment. The industry standard is to announce a game 6 months before release (see Dirt 5 announcement for example). SMS are very unusual in announcing when they start work on a title, and so long periods without news are to be expected.
    Last edited by David Wright; 24-05-2020 at 08:21.

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you. I rest my case m'lud.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    Lies, you didn't google at all!
    WIPSystem: Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz; Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb DDr3 1866mhz; Crucial M4 128gb; Asus ROG Z87 Maximus VI Hero; Asus DirectCUII GTX 580; Win 7 Ultimate x64, G25
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, cluck, cpcdem, EmilGlockner, Mad LL

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    there are rumpors its going to be more arcady. Hopefully its not true because its going to be a killer of the game

Platform
    PC
    That was a comment from the boss from 1 year ago.
    Since then many things have happened and now SMS is part of Codemasters. Nobody knows the plans of CM about SMS and the PCARS franchise.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    there are rumpors its going to be more arcady. Hopefully its not true because its going to be a killer of the game
    The rumour was started by people who claim PC2 is an arcade game. People see what they want to see. Of course Ian's enigmatic tweets and forum posts do leave scope for interpretation and reference to Shift was a trigger for some, but when he says in the same sentence "but with all of the sim goodness everyone appreciates" people are clearly being very selective. Some quotes from Ian.

“I’ll let you know that pCARS3 will be more ‘focused’… More ‘fun’… We went to insane lengths with variation in pCARS2 and with that comes infinite balancing issues. We’ve learned a lesson here and although we have no intention of reducing content, we know what we need to fix, where we made design decisions that were, let’s call it, ‘sub-optimal’…

“pCARS3 will be more of a spiritual successor to Shift, but with all of the sim goodness everyone appreciates… The key focus though is on fun and not biting off more than we can properly chew and digest.”

He also talks about the next game being less sandbox.

My "seeing what I want to see" in his posts/tweets is the career mode will probably be a stronger (central?) element of the game, as it was in Shift.
    Last edited by David Wright; 25-05-2020 at 11:45.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Maskmagog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Wow, after the absolute cluster f*** that was PC2, you're going to pay good money for PC3?? Are you #&@( mental???

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ apparently I am
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Invincible, Mad Al, r_outsider, Sampo