Page 171 of 212 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2113

Thread: Project Cars 3 This summer

Platform
    PC
    By the way, it occurred to me that since tire wear and fuel consumption could be turned off so far, it’s there in the PC2 game settings. I think they forgot when they put the prog together and now they’re trying to inject it like it’s a damn good thing and how much of an innovation it is already. The pit stop was really redundant and didn't work very well anyway, so it was taken out, of course in a revolutionary innovation. And once you’re goose fat, they quickly highlighted how much better the AI had been and finally got the same rubber physics that players could use. Of course, the AI will be better, because your tires won't wear out, you won't run out of fuel, you don't have to pay attention to getting a wheel change if the weather changes or you run out of tires, etc ... So all positive, just read know between the lines.
    I'm sorry. It's just my brain.
    MB=Asus ROG Strix B360-G Gaming, CPU= i5 8500/Alpenföhn Ben Nevis BLK RGB, GPU=Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070 DCII 8GB GDDR5, RAM=16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, PSU=Thermaltake Smart SE 730W, Case=Phanteks P400TGAG, Screen=Sony KDL32W705 1080p, OS=Win 10 Pro 64bit, Audio=SupremeFX SPDIF/OPT, Connect=1000/1000 Mbit, Wheels=Fanatec CSR.
    Group: 5% CLUB
    SORRY, MY BAD ENGLISH.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFalcon View Post
    Maybe, but in this case we're way past "unhappy". We're more in the territory of unpleasant, rude, shouty, and generally unresponsive to anything that could be said.

At this point, I feel anyone would be wasting their breath, since they'd just be met with a variation of "Are you insane? What were you thinking?", which I feel, isn't really conducive to a fruitful discussion.

Maybe, if you want them to engage, you should help create an environment where they'd be willing to engage, rather than discouraging them?
    Oh, so it's up to me to encourage the people who want to sell me stuff and create an environment where they'll talk to me. My bad.
    That's a lot of bull which doesn't reflect reality. I tell you what, you certainly do not hide away like a school boy because other kids are picking on you. You face it head on, try to defuse the situation and deal with it. Make your client understand you give a s***t. Do you really think staying away makes the situating any better? Since you work in a "service department" this should be obvious and reading though this thread's last 100-or so pages should give you an idea what majority here want.

PS. Ignoring multiple client, as is the case here, is even worse.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BartZ View Post
    Oh, so it's up to me to encourage the people who want to sell me stuff and create an environment where they'll talk to me. My bad.
    That's a lot of bull which doesn't reflect reality. I tell you what, you certainly do not hide away like a school boy because other kids are picking on you. You face it head on, try to defuse the situation and deal with it. Make your client understand you give a s***t. Do you really think staying away makes the situating any better? Since you work in a "service department" this should be obvious and reading though this thread's last 100-or so pages should give you an idea what majority here want.

No, it's up to all of us to not be a-holes on this forum.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BartZ View Post

I advise you to change your tone... In no way is/are any dev(s) obligated to show up if and when you or anyone else wants him/them to...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, MaximusN, ShadowFalcon, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The majority here are perhaps not representative of the larger group SMS are targeting with pc3.
    A handful of people as opposed to the millions of copies they hope to sell.

Look, some of these intemperate posts are starting to look a bit indulgent, I am a total fan boy for pc2 but I don't feel the need to post the SAME rants every day.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, ShadowFalcon

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've seen a lot of reasonable responses on here and not so many a-holes as you so delicately put it. It's easy to ignore the ones that are being 'a-holes' whilst still talking to those that have justifiable concerns about the direction pCars 3 has taken.

Of course there's nothing to say that they have to respond but it would just be a reasonable thing for them to do in their own forums.
    2020 Indycar League on pCars 2 - https://consoleracing.boards.net/boa...0-season<br /> Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - 1972 Season - Lotus 72D https://consoleracing.boards.net/boa...ge-series-1972 Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Professor, ShadowFalcon

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    The majority here are perhaps not representative of the larger group SMS are targeting with pc3.
    A handful of people as opposed to the millions of copies they hope to sell.

Look, some of these intemperate posts are starting to look a bit indulgent, I am a total fan boy for pc2 but I don't feel the need to post the SAME rants every day.
    That's indeed what I think, that there must be a demographic which isn't super active on these forums, but have given SMS enough data to make their course for PC3 look reasonable.

I myself, on reflection is in that demographic. Sure, I liked PC1 and PC2, but that doesn't mean I by principle have to hate the direction PC3 is going in, because for all I know, if PC4 happens, it might go back in the sim direction, and I'm sure for the time being, PC2 can still handle my sim needs.

And as for the "intemperate posts", as you call them. I'm of cause fine with people not liking or indeed buying stuff I like (I mean, hell, I like watching The Core from time to time ), it's just the lack in self reflection I find a bit grating. The "Are you stupid? Why did you do this" comments could've easily been written as "Really? What made you go in this direction?". And I get some people might be emotionally invested (hell, I'm kinda emotionally invested too, except I'm still interested in seeing where PC3 is going), but that's exactly why I feel people should think twice before posting. Nothing constructive, I feel, ever comes out of turning off the filter in an emotional state and just blurting out the first thing that comes to mind.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I've seen a lot of reasonable responses on here and not so many a-holes as you so delicately put it. It's easy to ignore the ones that are being 'a-holes' whilst still talking to those that have justifiable concerns about the direction pCars 3 has taken.

Of course there's nothing to say that they have to respond but it would just be a reasonable thing for them to do in their own forums.
    Me too, although, it still feels like there's a close to 50/50 ratio between the emotional shouty posts, and the reasonable posts.

And when the fraction between the two camps is that close, and emotions are still kinda high, I'm not sure how reasonable it is, to respond in this current climate. But that's just how I feel.
    Last edited by ShadowFalcon; 30-06-2020 at 07:54. Reason: other response got added while original response was written
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Zaskarspants

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Best thing might be to branch the title into two separate entities. One with this layer of fun. And one PC only version which can be full on sim with maybe less cars and tracks in total(to help with the balance effort), but more depth(f.i. physics wise) and a much higher limit on car-count. This title can also be updated when needed instead of needing to synchronize with console releases (thereby greatly hampering the count and flexibility of updates). Things learned from this can of course be added to the fun line down the road or in a next itteration. And of course the assets can be shared between these two titles lowering the cost of artistic work in the assets per title. A bit like the Motorsports and Horizon construction, but with the added bonus of taking advantage of the flexibility of the PC platform for one of the two.

This extra title could even be SMS partnering with Reiza(one can dream can't he?)
    Last edited by MaximusN; 30-06-2020 at 08:20.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, ShadowFalcon

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Leaving the "mad" postings aside, i think there is a layed out path to release info.
    And like i said, Nathan does not HAVE to be here, he's probably under a NDA so he will not be able to answer questions anyway...

DIY rig walk-through :

The following 3 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, ShadowFalcon, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Best thing might be to branch the title into two separate entities. One with this layer of fun. And one PC only version which can be full on sim with maybe less cars and tracks in total(to help with the balance effort), but more depth(f.i. physics wise) and a much higher limit on car-count. This title can also be updated when needed instead of needing to synchronize with console releases (thereby greatly hampering the count and flexibility of updates). Things learned from this can of course be added to the fun line down the road or in a next itteration. And of course the assets can be shared between these two titles lowering the cost of artistic work in the assets per title. A bit like the Motorsports and Horizon construction, but with the added bonus of taking advantage of the flexibility of the PC platform for one of the two.

This extra title could even be SMS partnering with Reiza(one can dream can't he?)
    That would cause more uproar... What about those console people who want the same?
    (please don't answer with "buy a pc")

DIY rig walk-through :

The following 3 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, ShadowFalcon, Zaskarspants