Thread: PC2 PS4 doesnt recognise my wheel correctly

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question PC2 PS4 doesnt recognise my wheel correctly

Hey guys,

Newbie here. I am using a Thrustmaster T150, but when I go to controls the game recognises it as a T500. Is that an issue?

I have been having trouble with the steering, so this might be the problem. I read on another thread that I need to up the fans in my steering wheel, that that is supposed to help the FFB drop after one lap.

Oh and if you have any other advice for a newbie, all is welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: after reinstalling the game twice, it finally recognised my wheel. My steering issues are still there, so might try to do the fan-thing.
    Last edited by ajaxfan164; 05-06-2020 at 11:35.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have a T150, no issues here.

The T150 doesn’t really have cooling issues, that was the T300. The drop in FFB after a lap is likely an issue using Immersive or Informative flavors rather than Raw. The former calibrate the FFB when you first start driving, and the first few hard bumps adjust the strength lower to not clip.

Use Raw, and you won’t get this, the settings will remain consistent. I’ve done 12 hour marathons and the T150 felt the same as when started. Or if you prefer the other two flavors, just realize that they are auto calibrating in that first lap, and your wheel isn’t faulty. It’s just being turned down from clipping.

It is, after all, a very budget wheel, and if its strength pre-calibration is what you want, you may have to consider stepping up to a better/stronger wheel like the T300 or Fanatec stuff. It’s only that strong at the start because you are clipping the hell out of it!