Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just wanted to thank everyone who bought me a cup of coffee this past year. Some of you bought multiple cups and multiple times. Thank you! As promised I have donated the full amount for 2020 to Alex's Lemonade Stand to help research Childhood cancer. I wish we raised even more money, but every little bit helps. $120 has just been sent to Alex's Lemonade Stand.

Let's all keep hope for better years!

https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2218128

https://www.dropbox.com/s/md62ff2ats...02020.PNG?dl=0
    Last edited by goonchy; 02-01-2021 at 22:38.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: kingsti, McClusky

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello! New user/player here...maybe renewed is more accurate since I've been out of racing sims for over 10 years.

Just picked up PC2 and Assetto Corsa recently due to recommendations after the my wife bought me a Logitech G920 for Christmas. I quickly found out about your ffb file and have installed it. I was wondering if there were any good baseline settings recommendations for this wheel. Granted my seat time is short here, but my initial reaction is the wheel feels very dead to me until I hit the kerbs or go off-road. Compared to Assetto which feels very lively by comparison. My hope is to find a setting that gives me more feeling of the road and when the tires are starting to break. Below are my current settings:

Gain: 100
    Volume: 50
    Tone: 25
    FX: 40
    Menu Strength: .40

I appreciate any input and look forward to joining the community once I re-acquire my racing legs.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pow Pow Meow View Post
    Hello! New user/player here...maybe renewed is more accurate since I've been out of racing sims for over 10 years.

Just picked up PC2 and Assetto Corsa recently due to recommendations after the my wife bought me a Logitech G920 for Christmas. I quickly found out about your ffb file and have installed it. I was wondering if there were any good baseline settings recommendations for this wheel. Granted my seat time is short here, but my initial reaction is the wheel feels very dead to me until I hit the kerbs or go off-road. Compared to Assetto which feels very lively by comparison. My hope is to find a setting that gives me more feeling of the road and when the tires are starting to break. Below are my current settings:

Gain: 100
    Volume: 50
    Tone: 25
    FX: 40
    Menu Strength: .40

I appreciate any input and look forward to joining the community once I re-acquire my racing legs.
    Unfortunately from what I recall about the new Logitech wheels is that it needs an update in the PC2 game for it to work correctly, but if you do feel the strength on the curbs that is a good sign. What you could try to do is increase the strength (volume) multiplier in my file. That is near the top of the file and should be a variable with a value of 1.75. Increase that to 2.50 and see if that helps feel the force feedback. That multiplier directly drives the force. From all my experimentation over the past 9+ months of development this, I think this is safe for you to do. Of course you are doing this at your own risk.

If that is not enough i would increase the value further. Please report back if you try this.

PopsRacer
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    Unfortunately from what I recall about the new Logitech wheels is that it needs an update in the PC2 game for it to work correctly, but if you do feel the strength on the curbs that is a good sign. What you could try to do is increase the strength (volume) multiplier in my file. That is near the top of the file and should be a variable with a value of 1.75. Increase that to 2.50 and see if that helps feel the force feedback. That multiplier directly drives the force. From all my experimentation over the past 9+ months of development this, I think this is safe for you to do. Of course you are doing this at your own risk.

If that is not enough i would increase the value further. Please report back if you try this.

PopsRacer
    Thank you sir! I'll give it a shot and report back.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pow Pow Meow View Post
    Thank you sir! I'll give it a shot and report back.
    A user on Race Department just gave me a 5 of 5 star rating using a g920 wheelbase. I asked him to post his settings.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downl....35546/reviews

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I'll take a look at his settings. I can already report that the change to 2.50 has already improved the overall feel of my wheel, so thanks for that. I'll continue to spend time with it and fine-tune. It was super weird jumping from PC2 into Assetto also...so much more ffb in Assetto and so much more difficult to control. Maybe it's just me getting my berings

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    Awesome!.... Yes. Itís nice to actually know what the car is doing through the wheelbase, isnít it. Lol... which custom FFB file are you using and what are your in-game FFB settings?

Pops
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to write this for you, I will !
    I just need to check it the next time I load it up