Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    @goonchy, currently using 100/35-40/30/40 w/ some GT3 cars I've tried on a few select tracks... tires heated after 3-4 laps. Is there a way to increase center feel on straights, while decreasing center pull/feel on mid to high-speed turns? Quite loose on the straights but bit heavy on turns, so it's like I increase volume when on straights, then decrease for turns
    Moreover, I like kerb vibrations when passing over them, but don't like to pull on the wheel... is it possible to reduce this pull?

@Ian Cameron, do you have Spring/Damper at 100% in TM CP?
    What’s your deadzone set at ?
    Try disabling jerk feel with a # in front of line and see if that helps kerb pull.
    You have Fx quite high too.
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    What’s your deadzone set at ?
    Try disabling jerk feel with a # in front of line and see if that helps kerb pull.
    You have Fx quite high too.
    File shows deadzone at 8. I have no issue with other sims in this respect.
    Like I mentioned, I can raise Volume to address it, but then wheel becomes too heavy in turns.
    FX quite high so I could better feel kerbs vibration. Lowered it after some tests, now its at 30.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 18-11-2020 at 11:29.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Triple Benq 27" (Oculus Rift CV1) | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / CSR Elite Pedals (Backup: G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    @goonchy, currently using 100/35-40/30/40 w/ some GT3 cars I've tried on a few select tracks... tires heated after 3-4 laps. Is there a way to increase center feel on straights, while decreasing center pull/feel on mid to high-speed turns? Quite loose on the straights but bit heavy on turns, so it's like I increase volume when on straights, then decrease for turns
    Moreover, I like kerb vibrations when passing over them, but don't like to pull on the wheel... is it possible to reduce this pull?

@Ian Cameron, do you have Spring/Damper at 100% in TM CP?
    No, I have not added anything in this file to affect the pull forces of the FFB to aid the feel on the center. All forces are direct from physics.... What's your in-game steering deadzone, steering sensitivity, and steering speed sensitivity set at?

Curbing pull. Are you talking about the feel of the suspension moving the wheel going over a large sausage curb or are you talking about the curbs of death re-directing your car at high-speed w/ full throttle as you are hurled to your dead (spun out) after going over them?

Pops
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    MY settings for TM control panel, sherpa25

The following user likes this Post: sherpa25

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    No, I have not added anything in this file to affect the pull forces of the FFB to aid the feel on the center. All forces are direct from physics.... What's your in-game steering deadzone, steering sensitivity, and steering speed sensitivity set at?

Curbing pull. Are you talking about the feel of the suspension moving the wheel going over a large sausage curb or are you talking about the curbs of death re-directing your car at high-speed w/ full throttle as you are hurled to your dead (spun out) after going over them?

Pops
    Thanks Pops, I see. So it must be my wheel then, as I have the same settings for all other sims. Steering settings are per games default, didn't touch it... I only lower Brake sensitivity.

Re Curb pull (not sausage kerb), when you driver on them, the kerb seems to have more grip that it tends to pull the car inward (towards the grass). I just find it quite strong.
    @Kuku Maddog, perhaps the Jerk parameters you suggested are from your file, and not Pops? His appears to have other 'jerk-related' lines (or maybe I didn't find it) . Thanks.

Thanks Ian. Will try withough Spring/Damper, as I have those at 100% for all sims.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Triple Benq 27" (Oculus Rift CV1) | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / CSR Elite Pedals (Backup: G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Cameron

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Pops, I see. So it must be my wheel then, as I have the same settings for all other sims. Steering settings are per games default, didn't touch it... I only lower Brake sensitivity.

Re Curb pull (not sausage kerb), when you driver on them, the kerb seems to have more grip that it tends to pull the car inward (towards the grass). I just find it quite strong.
    @Kuku Maddog, perhaps the Jerk parameters you suggested are from your file, and not Pops? His appears to have other 'jerk-related' lines (or maybe I didn't find it) . Thanks.

Thanks Ian. Will try withough Spring/Damper, as I have those at 100% for all sims.
    I believe the curb pull you are describing is part of the limited-slip settings. Other games don't simulate this to this extent and PC2 default setups are a good starting point for tweaking. That's part of the simulation experience too. Try changing the car setup a little. In the transmission settings, all of the's GT3 should be Clutch LSD's by default. Click power ramp up 2 clicks, coast ramp down 1 or 2 clicks, and if you want further safety click preload up 1 or 2 clicks and clutches down 1 or 2 clicks. Save your setup and let me know if that changes things for you. I worked hard figuring this out. Maybe to some it is obvious, but I hadn't found any tutorial really going through and fixing what I call the curbs of death. They were even worse with bad FFB where you didn't know what direction the car was pulling.... Let me know if that helps.

The jerk related variables in my file are added road FX. If you have the FX slider to 0 and still get your curb pulling problem then it's not part of the FX, but I don't think that is what you are describing.... Btw- Kuku Maddog has helped test/tune the T300 file version.

Pops
    Last edited by goonchy; 18-11-2020 at 14:50.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    File shows deadzone at 8. I have no issue with other sims in this respect.
    Like I mentioned, I can raise Volume to address it, but then wheel becomes too heavy in turns.
    FX quite high so I could better feel kerbs vibration. Lowered it after some tests, now its at 30.
    I would increase the deadzone to about 11 or 12 and see how it feels .
    8 is kinda bare minimum and Force curve testing has confirmed it to be higher on my wheel base.
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog