Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have added stuff locally that feels great to me, would be interesting to see your latest changes too and merge it all.

Reg. the strengthen_low I can bring that over too, maybe improve it slightly as well.

Reg gain/volume/tone I always found it weird to just use gain at 100% the way many pc2 custom files do.
    If you're ok I change that towards how silver works I'll do that and then I'll also bring over the clipping algo.
    Last edited by KArsten Hvidberg; 14-10-2020 at 07:29.
    The following user likes this Post: Kuku Maddog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh,

Reg. AMS2, unf. many custom file variables have been removed in AMS2, also the rack forces, so the file cannot be converted.

The reason "Silver Raw" could be ported with the full rack feel to "Silver Project" was that "Momentum Rack" is calculated from scratch, without any provided rack forces. That was required to improve AMS2' core rack, which it did hugely(to me at least), since it removes the pendulum effect & feels much more "real car" like.
    Last edited by KArsten Hvidberg; 14-10-2020 at 14:45.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Max here

I tested the newest (seta-rack) version again on my G29 with regards to how the gain multiplier works together with v_scale. Basically I did the following tests with the Ginetta GT5 on the Nordschleife:

v_scale: 4.00
    gain_multiplier: 1

Result: Not enough ffb strength for the G29, not much center feel.

v_scale: 2.00
    gain_multiplier: 2

result: Usable ffb forces with soft center feel. Big dynamic range.
    Settings: 100 70 0 0

v_scale: 1.00
    gain_multiplier: 4

Result: More pronounced center feel. Road feel much stronger and clearer. Signal seems to be compressed more.
    Settings: 100 35 0 0

v_scale: 0.50
    gain_multiplier: 8

Results:
    Very strong center feel, self aligning torques feel a bit overshadowed. Road/tire scrub feeling extremely pronounced. Dynamic range seems to be quite compressed by now.

I also took the opportunity to quickly compare (just one lap) with Karstens config (v.6.6 low-end, 30 60 10 10)
    Results:
    Much more compressed ffb forces (the basic ones like self align torque etc.). Road feel (weight shifts, tire deformation, small track angulations) are less pronounced, feel a bit more artificial.
    Center feel is good, very smooth.
    But I did not have the time to test it more. Setting TONE or FX higher than 10 leads to rattle in my wheel. I would probably need to test it with smoothing aswell.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Max,

Thanks for the info, reg. the silver file I think maybe try the mid level as well. Did just happen to post a 6.7 and also feedback as compared to that would be good. 6.7 should have much less rattling, even at high volume.
    I will try and think how whatever works better in pops or silver can be brought over to the hybrid(a different file we have started to assemble, who know if it's possible 8)) while not making it worse...

-K

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Karsten,
    ah, ok I will try that. I will try the 6.8 when it comes out and then experiment a bit more with the settings. I just did a quick test so far. Currently I'm trying to get a good feel for the seta version of Pops. A hybrid would be interesting for sure.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The simplest solution is always the best. I was trying to re-blend the SETA tire rack with the old rack, rebalance axial tire parameters, filtering axial forces/momentum and numerous other basic and convoluted techniques. There has been lots of lost sleep thinking of ways to solve this! I have a little more testing to do, but I feel I have fixed the SC, TC, and ABS issue with the SETA rack without taking away any of the fluid balanced, detail, or strength of this FFB. I also noticed suspension oscillation on certain road cars when elevation changes take place and that is taken care of now. I've driven the McLaren 570S, Toyota GT86, AMG C63 Coupe, BMW 1M Coupe with no stability FFB spikes. With the SETA tire rack the wheel strength was lower, but thanks to Klosteinlecker (will be knighted and known as RacerMax) the center forces are being now enhanced by scaling the Gain. Thanks RacerMax !

I'm going to take a little more time testing before I re-send an update to backers (testers, online comrads, friends, and fellow racing PC2 fanboys). I will blend in what Max has done with his testing on his G27 wheelbase for a specific Logitech file. I think what needs to be done after this is test on different wheelbases to re-balance out the road noise through the SETA tire rack and all the FX for a variety of different wheelbases. At the same time leaving room to adjust for everyone's taste.

I also know Karsten has some amazing tech in his FFB and may add something special here or to a separate hybrid FFB. All I know is that PC2 is going to be loved by more car fans because of all of this hard work by many! Please support the modders. Simracing 604 just posted a paid car mod video by VRC, buy them even if you arent an LMP fan. We need to keep this simulator growing.

Simracing604's video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3rmVCoca4

VRC website:
    https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/by_simulator/pCars2

Wouldn't it be great to have paid DLC for DTM cars and more? Support the PC2 community, please.

All the best and Cheers!
    PopsRacer

#projectcars2 #simracing #racinggame #VRC
    Last edited by goonchy; 16-10-2020 at 12:26.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fiyah, geteo, Kuku Maddog, nabelo, roddypoddy

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post

Simracing604's video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi3rmVCoca4

VRC website:
    https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/by_simulator/pCars2

Wouldn't it be great to have paid DLC for DTM cars and more? Support the PC2 community, please.

All the best and Cheers!
    PopsRacer

#projectcars2 #simracing #racinggame #VRC
    Good Idea,

I bought both mods from my side to support the re-growing of PC2 community

Thanks again for your effort, Goochy
    The following user likes this Post: goonchy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Coffee backers have been updated to V10.25.2020 SETA+RACK. This version includes 3 separate FFB files. Mid to DD, T300RS, and Logitech. Special thanks to MaxRacer for the Logitech tuning. The TC, ABS, and SC have been tuned out. Road cars feel great with all of these assists on. I still prefer them off, but they do not interfere with the FFB.

Enjoy!
    PopsRacer
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by geteo View Post
    Good Idea,

I bought both mods from my side to support the re-growing of PC2 community

Thanks again for your effort, Goochy
    I bought both mods as well. These LMP900's are both extremely fun. I did a few races against the AI starting from the back. I had a really fun race at modern Spa, a great car/track combo. A fantastic add on to the LMP900 group for PC2 IMHO. I sure wish SMS and or Reiza would offer DLC for PC2.

Platform
    PC
    Nice work with the FFB files. They feel really nice.
    Now:
    CPU - Intel i7-4770K @ 4GHz: PALIT GeForce RTX2080TI GamingPro OC 11GB DDR6 : Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z87X-OC :
    Memory - 16GB- DDR3 : OS Windows 8.1 64 bit : Screen - Philips 43" 4K BDM4350UC monitor @ Resolution 3840x2160 : VR - Valve Index : Wheel - Logitech G27 : Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX
    The following user likes this Post: goonchy