Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You're a genius! The FFB in PCars2 now feels almost exactly like Automobilista 2.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Animera View Post
    You're a genius! The FFB in PCars2 now feels almost exactly like Automobilista 2.
    Thanks for the compliment. I think AMS2 feels great, but Iím a little biased and like PCARS now even better. Btw- Iím working on an updated FFB file.

What wheel (wheel settings) and in game settings are you using?
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    Try lowering both the TONE to zero and FX to zero in the game. TONE is the engine FX now. FX in the game are the road FX and curb FX. If
    If feels good then just increase the FX in the game to your liking and then increase or leave the engine FX at zero. I think I have the TONE for the engine set too strong. That’s one of my tweaks to the next iteration of this FFB file.

I’m assuming you have your wheel base set to my recommendations as well. Don’t forget to calibrate your wheel to the auto setting on the wheel base to game.

Let me know how this works out for you.
    Thanks Goonchy. I‘M so sorry. I just recalibrated my wheel and the wobble has completely disappeared.

Sorry to waste your time!

Thanks again for your efforts!
    Last edited by Goggles Paesano; 05-07-2020 at 15:26.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles Paesano View Post
    Thanks Goonchy. I just did some testing. Lotus 72D at Sakitto. It turned tone and fx to zero and it greatly reduced the oscillation. When going down the long straights, if you make a small steering adjustment, the rebound back to center is too strong and the wheel will wobble past center 4-5 times.

I feel that fx is the culprit as it gets pretty bad above 15, although itís still present at lower fx settings.

Right now, I lowered the volume to 40, set tone to 15 and fx to 15. It still wobbles but I donít feel like it will break my wrist.

The TONE adds a lot of oscillating vibrations from the engine. Turn TONE down to 10. Also their have been some cars where I need to have the volume down to 30... Iíll give that car track combo a try. Thanks for the feedback

Reminder - you can set volume + and - to your wheel so you can change that on the fly. Once TONE and FX are set to your likings you really donít need to change those ever again.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles Paesano View Post
    Thanks Goonchy. I‘M so sorry. I just recalibrated my wheel and the wobble has completely disappeared.

Sorry to waste your time!

No worries. The high speed oscillation and low speed oscillation has been really really good w my FFB file. Glad to hear that was your problem.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. I think AMS2 feels great, but I’m a little biased and like PCARS now even better. Btw- I’m working on an updated FFB file.

What wheel (wheel settings) and in game settings are you using?
    I'm using a T300 base with the Ferrari F1 wheel and I'm using the settings you suggested in game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I updated the links for the latest version (v07.10.2020) on page 1. I basically scaled the amount of engine FX. I've had some people tell me that the histogram looked like a crayon. I laughed because they had their TONE set too high. The Engine FX is now variably adjustable by the TONE setting. I realized that if people tried this FFB w/o reading the the forum post properly they would definitely not like this FFB file. So I decided to tone it down. An average old tone setting of 50 might be about the ~10 on the previous version (depending on a few things). Although if you have the tone at 100 it might not feel great to most people, but I don't know why anyone would have tone set that high in the first place. I also realized subtle vibrations go a long way after recently setting up rumble using SimHub and 2 mini ButtKickers.

Happy Sim Racing,
    PopsRacer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If things are feeling good with the previous version, is there any reason to swap files? No changes to the underlying FFB?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    If things are feeling good with the previous version, is there any reason to swap files? No changes to the underlying FFB?
    Hi MoonieGT,
    Should feel the same.... Have you settled on which tracks your going to race and stream from tomorrow? I've been practicing CODA & Hocken National. Hopefully I will join in tomorrow.

Everyone check on MoonieGT's YouTube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Z...5E-3_ZraGOYR2A

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tomorrow we're racing: Red Bull National, COTA national, Long Beach, and Hockenheim National. Come join us! Starting around 9AM Central Standard Time.