Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 377

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

  1. #341
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    164
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    @goonchy, currently using 100/35-40/30/40 w/ some GT3 cars I've tried on a few select tracks... tires heated after 3-4 laps. Is there a way to increase center feel on straights, while decreasing center pull/feel on mid to high-speed turns? Quite loose on the straights but bit heavy on turns, so it's like I increase volume when on straights, then decrease for turns
    Moreover, I like kerb vibrations when passing over them, but don't like to pull on the wheel... is it possible to reduce this pull?

    @Ian Cameron, do you have Spring/Damper at 100% in TM CP?
    What’s your deadzone set at ?
    Try disabling jerk feel with a # in front of line and see if that helps kerb pull.
    You have Fx quite high too.

    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    Intel core i5-3470 3.2-3.6 MHz , 8gb DDR3
    MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb Ventus 1
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Running 4K

  2. #342
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    307
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    What’s your deadzone set at ?
    Try disabling jerk feel with a # in front of line and see if that helps kerb pull.
    You have Fx quite high too.
    File shows deadzone at 8. I have no issue with other sims in this respect.
    Like I mentioned, I can raise Volume to address it, but then wheel becomes too heavy in turns.
    FX quite high so I could better feel kerbs vibration. Lowered it after some tests, now its at 30.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 18-11-2020 at 11:29.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Triple Benq 27" (Oculus Rift CV1) | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / CSR Elite Pedals (Backup: G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

  3. #343
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    167
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    @goonchy, currently using 100/35-40/30/40 w/ some GT3 cars I've tried on a few select tracks... tires heated after 3-4 laps. Is there a way to increase center feel on straights, while decreasing center pull/feel on mid to high-speed turns? Quite loose on the straights but bit heavy on turns, so it's like I increase volume when on straights, then decrease for turns
    Moreover, I like kerb vibrations when passing over them, but don't like to pull on the wheel... is it possible to reduce this pull?

    @Ian Cameron, do you have Spring/Damper at 100% in TM CP?
    No, I have not added anything in this file to affect the pull forces of the FFB to aid the feel on the center. All forces are direct from physics.... What's your in-game steering deadzone, steering sensitivity, and steering speed sensitivity set at?

    Curbing pull. Are you talking about the feel of the suspension moving the wheel going over a large sausage curb or are you talking about the curbs of death re-directing your car at high-speed w/ full throttle as you are hurled to your dead (spun out) after going over them?

    Pops
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

  4. #344
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PC
    MY settings for TM control panel, sherpa25

    75
    100
    100
    0
    0
    The following user likes this Post: sherpa25


  5. #345
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    307
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    No, I have not added anything in this file to affect the pull forces of the FFB to aid the feel on the center. All forces are direct from physics.... What's your in-game steering deadzone, steering sensitivity, and steering speed sensitivity set at?

    Curbing pull. Are you talking about the feel of the suspension moving the wheel going over a large sausage curb or are you talking about the curbs of death re-directing your car at high-speed w/ full throttle as you are hurled to your dead (spun out) after going over them?

    Pops
    Thanks Pops, I see. So it must be my wheel then, as I have the same settings for all other sims. Steering settings are per games default, didn't touch it... I only lower Brake sensitivity.

    Re Curb pull (not sausage kerb), when you driver on them, the kerb seems to have more grip that it tends to pull the car inward (towards the grass). I just find it quite strong.
    @Kuku Maddog, perhaps the Jerk parameters you suggested are from your file, and not Pops? His appears to have other 'jerk-related' lines (or maybe I didn't find it) . Thanks.

    Thanks Ian. Will try without Spring/Damper, as I have those at 100% for all sims.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 30-11-2020 at 01:19.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Triple Benq 27" (Oculus Rift CV1) | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / CSR Elite Pedals (Backup: G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Cameron


  6. #346
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    167
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    Thanks Pops, I see. So it must be my wheel then, as I have the same settings for all other sims. Steering settings are per games default, didn't touch it... I only lower Brake sensitivity.

    Re Curb pull (not sausage kerb), when you driver on them, the kerb seems to have more grip that it tends to pull the car inward (towards the grass). I just find it quite strong.
    @Kuku Maddog, perhaps the Jerk parameters you suggested are from your file, and not Pops? His appears to have other 'jerk-related' lines (or maybe I didn't find it) . Thanks.

    Thanks Ian. Will try withough Spring/Damper, as I have those at 100% for all sims.
    I believe the curb pull you are describing is part of the limited-slip settings. Other games don't simulate this to this extent and PC2 default setups are a good starting point for tweaking. That's part of the simulation experience too. Try changing the car setup a little. In the transmission settings, all of the's GT3 should be Clutch LSD's by default. Click power ramp up 2 clicks, coast ramp down 1 or 2 clicks, and if you want further safety click preload up 1 or 2 clicks and clutches down 1 or 2 clicks. Save your setup and let me know if that changes things for you. I worked hard figuring this out. Maybe to some it is obvious, but I hadn't found any tutorial really going through and fixing what I call the curbs of death. They were even worse with bad FFB where you didn't know what direction the car was pulling.... Let me know if that helps.

    The jerk related variables in my file are added road FX. If you have the FX slider to 0 and still get your curb pulling problem then it's not part of the FX, but I don't think that is what you are describing.... Btw- Kuku Maddog has helped test/tune the T300 file version.

    Pops
    Last edited by goonchy; 18-11-2020 at 14:50.
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2
    The following user likes this Post: sherpa25


  7. #347
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    164
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    File shows deadzone at 8. I have no issue with other sims in this respect.
    Like I mentioned, I can raise Volume to address it, but then wheel becomes too heavy in turns.
    FX quite high so I could better feel kerbs vibration. Lowered it after some tests, now its at 30.
    I would increase the deadzone to about 11 or 12 and see how it feels .
    8 is kinda bare minimum and Force curve testing has confirmed it to be higher on my wheel base.

    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    Intel core i5-3470 3.2-3.6 MHz , 8gb DDR3
    MSI Nvidia RTX 2060 6gb Ventus 1
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Running 4K
    The following user likes this Post: sherpa25


  8. #348
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PC
    Hello.I have just recently found out about this FFB custom. Any TSPC racer owner here that would recommend which file, In game settings and potentially also what you have actually edited in the file to make your wheel feel good?

    I have been a JackSpade MidCompression Custom FFB user for several years, tried lots of things in between but nothing that I could tell wow its so much better but I would like to give this one a proper shot, with maybe some TSPC racer fellow advice.

  9. #349
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    167
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nolive721 View Post
    Hello.I have just recently found out about this FFB custom. Any TSPC racer owner here that would recommend which file, In game settings and potentially also what you have actually edited in the file to make your wheel feel good?

    I have been a JackSpade MidCompression Custom FFB user for several years, tried lots of things in between but nothing that I could tell wow its so much better but I would like to give this one a proper shot, with maybe some TSPC racer fellow advice.
    I know there’s someone w a TSPC on Race Department that has been using my FFB and just recently tried the newest version and really liked it. He isn’t very active on the forum, but I think he had been using the T300RS version. Truthfully there isn’t much different between my 3 different FFB files (Logitech, TS300, and mid to direct drive). There’s a little difference in the FX vibrations and the dead zone settings. I’d assume the TSPC would be a Mid level wheel and would be worth trying that one first, IMO.

    PopsRacer
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

  10. #350
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PC
    Ok thanks for the quick reply, I am on RD as well so I will post on your discussion thread to see if that person reacts. I had tested, briefly, the Mid to DD wheel file but will give the T300RS a go indeed, and report back here if that can help other TSPC owner
    thanks again for the work you do here

Similar Threads

  1. Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)
    By Christiaan van Beilen in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 672
    Last Post: 17-10-2020, 17:08
  2. Deleted Custom Livery File
    By apache_pilot in forum Car Painting & Designs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-06-2020, 14:56
  3. Tweaking a custom ffb file help
    By David Slute in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-05-2019, 23:03
  4. Request: Custom ffb file guide
    By 4dri3l in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-09-2017, 13:46
  5. Custom seasons project cars
    By XObladerunnerOX in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14-05-2017, 02:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •