Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: PopsRacer FFB - New custom FFB file for Project Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosteinlecker View Post
    True! My wording was a bit off.
    To clarify:
    Comparing Karstens Config (on any of the cars I tested in PCars2) with real world cars that dont have power steering, it feels that the decrease in ffb force at higher speeds that is there in real-life is missing/to weak for the G29 in his config. But I can also only relate to some old FWD sedan without power steering and some karting experience in real world
    would the in game speed sensitivity settings help ?
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hmm...good question did not try that.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey Klosteinlecker,

Are you racing cars that do not have power steering in PC2 mostly?
    It's fairly trivial to add a power-switch to the file if that is needed.
    The feeling I was after was with power steering or high downforce, so the switch would only be required for those cars that are not either.
    I can also add it to a slider, if needed.

Sorry guys, I've been busy at work and then also fixed irffb to have 2 critical new features for me, missing in iracing: Lfb control for better center force VS high cornering force and then "anti-ice" vibrations on understeer and oversteer. It's great! I can actually race iracing again now! Have hated it for a while but this was really all that was needed to make it good by me again.

I really want to contribute in a meaningful way to pops file as well, but I'm not sure what should be done. I think it's a strength that the files are different so I would not want to just push stuff in to that file and make the 2 files feel the same over time...
    Right now pops and silver feels good to different people on different wheel bases and they feel different to each other, so more options. I kind of like it.
    Anyways, if there's something obvious just let me know.
    Last edited by KArsten Hvidberg; 28-10-2020 at 23:47.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: goonchy, kingsti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Goonchy

In todays coffee buyers draft file,

I think there is a typo in the spring lines

(FL_spring (* 1.0 (spring 0.0 0.0 0.5))) ### Adjust the force, stiffness, and damping.
    (FR_spring (* -1.0 (spring 0.0 0.0 0.5)))

I was getting some weird knocking feeling turning into right handers , I assume the (FR_spring (* -1.0 shouldnt be a Negative

it feels better once removing negative but still there a little . i might have to play around with the damping portion. Before i noticed the typo i tried various other cures but didnt find a fix.

Otherwise the file feels good. the wheel feels more full and nicely weighted

but for better balance of light to heavy forces i like to reduce this(JrkFeelPlus 0.43) (JrkFeelMinus -0.43) Down to (JrkFeelPlus 0.36) (JrkFeelMinus -0.36)

This figure incidentally is in line with what value Karsten uses. Its amazing how similar the files feel despite the different approaches . I think your tyre slip is more noticeable naturally.

I dont fully understand the spring forces but didn't notice a big difference when disabling # them and im not sure how the relate to spring settings in wheel setting, I dont think Thrustmaster spring is the same ?
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KArsten Hvidberg View Post
    Hey Klosteinlecker,

Are you racing cars that do not have power steering in PC2 mostly?
    It's fairly trivial to add a power-switch to the file if that is needed.
    The feeling I was after was with power steering or high downforce, so the switch would only be required for those cars that are not either.
    I can also add it to a slider, if needed.

Sorry guys, I've been busy at work and then also fixed irffb to have 2 critical new features for me, missing in iracing: Lfb control for better center force VS high cornering force and then "anti-ice" vibrations on understeer and oversteer. It's great! I can actually race iracing again now! Have hated it for a while but this was really all that was needed to make it good by me again.

I really want to contribute in a meaningful way to pops file as well, but I'm not sure what should be done. I think it's a strength that the files are different so I would not want to just push stuff in to that file and make the 2 files feel the same over time...
    Right now pops and silver feels good to different people on different wheel bases and they feel different to each other, so more options. I kind of like it.
    Anyways, if there's something obvious just let me know.
    Ah, ok. I tested your file with the Ginetta GT5 and I dont have any real-life experience with high-downforce cars. Maybe this is actually more realistic. It just felt a bit weird that there are quite high constant forces no matter which situation the car is in. But I will try it again sometime with other cars. Thanks for the input!
    Regarding the silver and pops: I would agree that keeping to files is a nice thing aswell. This way one can choose between two different feeling configs to suit eachs preferences. Although a hybrid sounds good I can assume it would take a lot of time and testing to get both ideas running together properly.
    At the moment both files feel distinct and awesome in their own right.

Regarding the new coffee buyers file
    The spring damping does not feel that great to me either, disabling it felt more responsive. The change in forces is nice and gives a lot of center feel (similar to what the gain multiplier did, but in a much more balanced way). I think the only changes left (apart from the damping and probably the JrkFeelPlus that Kuku Maddog mentioned) are to map the gain to some useful value (maybe the damping?). It really is awesome at this point.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    Hi Goonchy

In todays coffee buyers draft file,

I think there is a typo in the spring lines

(FL_spring (* 1.0 (spring 0.0 0.0 0.5))) ### Adjust the force, stiffness, and damping.
    (FR_spring (* -1.0 (spring 0.0 0.0 0.5)))

I was getting some weird knocking feeling turning into right handers , I assume the (FR_spring (* -1.0 shouldnt be a Negative

The negative value in the spring should be correct. It's similar in function as the JrkFeelPlus and Minus. I'll take another look, but I think for now I will remark # it out and leave it for reference. From your feedback and RacerMax, it doesn't sound like it's universal and I had turned it off on my wheel anyways.

I'll also try lowering the JrkFeel. A little goes a long way....

Thanks!
    Pops
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Klosteinlecker View Post

Regarding the new coffee buyers file
    The spring damping does not feel that great to me either, disabling it felt more responsive. The change in forces is nice and gives a lot of center feel (similar to what the gain multiplier did, but in a much more balanced way). I think the only changes left (apart from the damping and probably the JrkFeelPlus that Kuku Maddog mentioned) are to map the gain to some useful value (maybe the damping?). It really is awesome at this point.
    I maybe wrong, but doesn't the Logitech software have a damping function too? Maybe leaving it up to the wheelbase might be the better approach unless the spring function can work universally. The friction adds some damping too, but too much does add a weird feel and I can sense some lag when it was stronger. I guess that's why I left it # off too.

Thanks!
    Pops
    Please try my awesome custom FFB file called PopsRacer FFB. Looking for feedback on all wheel bases. This is a huge upgrade to PCars2 IMHO!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    The negative value in the spring should be correct. It's similar in function as the JrkFeelPlus and Minus. I'll take another look, but I think for now I will remark # it out and leave it for reference. From your feedback and RacerMax, it doesn't sound like it's universal and I had turned it off on my wheel anyways.

I'll also try lowering the JrkFeel. A little goes a long way....

Thanks!
    Pops
    Oh that’s interesting, i would have thought left and right should be the same , but i guess both forces are active at same time , so one is pushing and one is pulling ?

The main thing for me is still some looseness and rattle around 10-15 degrees of central position. i have the FX on zero and still get a lot of bump feel and scrub rattle.

it’s the key difference between the files , karstens is so smooth around the middle but still has feel and weight. but it doesn’t have the same front tyre grip feels. it s more of a body attitude feeling. .

I think i find pace a bit better with the Seta but get tired of the banging from wheel over loaded bumps and tyre scrubbing.
    it’s hard to explain �� but it feels more like a gear driven wheel.
    I guess the tyres are more sensitive and damping them might mean loosing the feel of the grip .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    Oh that’s interesting, i would have thought left and right should be the same , but i guess both forces are active at same time , so one is pushing and one is pulling ?

The main thing for me is still some looseness and rattle around 10-15 degrees of central position. i have the FX on zero and still get a lot of bump feel and scrub rattle.

it’s the key difference between the files , karstens is so smooth around the middle but still has feel and weight. but it doesn’t have the same front tyre grip feels. it s more of a body attitude feeling. .

I think i find pace a bit better with the Seta but get tired of the banging from wheel over loaded bumps and tyre scrubbing.
    it’s hard to explain �� but it feels more like a gear driven wheel.
    I guess the tyres are more sensitive and damping them might mean loosing the feel of the grip .
    I was going to say that the scrubbing is now different in the T300RS file. The scrubbing FX was borrowed from Karstens + NuScorpii, but tweaked to my simple tastes. If you get the rattle w/o the FX that is definitely the SETA tires. They add a lot of amazing feel and control! The simplest thing to try is to increase the smooth filter that RacerMax added. If that works that would be great. I will play with another idea on taking that added noise out. I wonder if that would help the Logitech wheels too. -- Should a road noise filter become the gain slider? RacerMax is pushing to give another slider some valid use. I'm assuming most people leave gain at 100% and that would just be set by the FFB file to 100%.

Pops

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goonchy View Post
    I was going to say that the scrubbing is now different in the T300RS file. The scrubbing FX was borrowed from Karstens + NuScorpii, but tweaked to my simple tastes. If you get the rattle w/o the FX that is definitely the SETA tires. They add a lot of amazing feel and control! The simplest thing to try is to increase the smooth filter that RacerMax added. If that works that would be great. I will play with another idea on taking that added noise out. I wonder if that would help the Logitech wheels too. -- Should a road noise filter become the gain slider? RacerMax is pushing to give another slider some valid use. I'm assuming most people leave gain at 100% and that would just be set by the FFB file to 100%.

Pops
    Im not sure if taking things away actually would reduce the rattle. The way Karsten strengthens the low forces perhaps reduces the gap between the forces so that there is less difference meaning less free play ?

even with most values for bumps and scrub the same between the files theres a noticeable difference in strength of the effects.
    Ive not played with reducing gain on your files maybe i should.