Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 3 : buy or no buy?

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    RF2 is another example, but development progress is very slow and dlc is around $10 for a track and $5 for a car.
    The problem with rF2 is their content is utterly garbage level. The Vantage GTE still show Vantage GT3 in the cockpit while the 488 GTE is literally a 488 GT3 model with some GTE bits bolted on it. I bought Nords on the sale and it runs on glorious 7 fps when I can have Sebring running at 80 fps. They charge a bomb for content and the quality is utterly garbage. The AI these days gets worse and worse with the AI crashing out all the time where if you have safety car, you will be behind the safety car for a large portion of the race. It is absurd.

Guess that is what you get if you perpetually support a game that has a very flawed engine that needs a sequel level of retooling.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I'd wager that this description would fit the majority of PC2 fans. The number of people who have a full on sim rig, DD wheel and lots of spare time must be relatively tiny, but the feeling you get from forum members here and over at GT Planet is that many of us are grown ups, with families and jobs, but with a love of motorsport and its history, and an appreciation of depth, subtlety and detail, even if they might not get chance to make full use of that every day.

I think that is also the source of the disappointment at the information released thus far, because that depth and detail seem to be the aspects of the game that are being jettisoned at the expense of adding features that have little appeal. We saw the trajectory that PC1 > PC2 went on, and in the complete absence of information in the last two years, extrapolated that into what we imagined PC3 would be like.

Once the initial shock has settled, most of those grownups will also just shrug their shoulders, saying 'It's only a videogame' and then go and play something else. Many will play PC3 and get some enjoyment from it as much out of curiosity as anything, but maybe still ponder on what might have been.

All speculation, but we'll see what happens.
    I am still disappointed with Pcars 3 direction but now AMS2 is out, I guess I do not mind getting Pcars 3 for something more different. I am pretty fine with the tuning aspect of the new game as I think it will be interesting if it is done well. I am worried about the handling model being nerfed too much till it does not have the signature STM feeling that Pcars and AMS2 has.
    Last edited by Cheesenium; 11-07-2020 at 06:12.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: chastewand, hkraft300, John Hargreaves, Rober, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I'd wager that this description would fit the majority of PC2 fans. The number of people who have a full on sim rig, DD wheel and lots of spare time must be relatively tiny, but the feeling you get from forum members here and over at GT Planet is that many of us are grown ups, with families and jobs, but with a love of motorsport and its history, and an appreciation of depth, subtlety and detail, even if they might not get chance to make full use of that every day.

I think that is also the source of the disappointment at the information released thus far, because that depth and detail seem to be the aspects of the game that are being jettisoned at the expense of adding features that have little appeal. We saw the trajectory that PC1 > PC2 went on, and in the complete absence of information in the last two years, extrapolated that into what we imagined PC3 would be like.

Once the initial shock has settled, most of those grownups will also just shrug their shoulders, saying 'It's only a videogame' and then go and play something else. Many will play PC3 and get some enjoyment from it as much out of curiosity as anything, but maybe still ponder on what might have been.

All speculation, but we'll see what happens.

I think you nailed this.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: amazed, John Hargreaves, Nic Jackson

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    As I said, everything will depend on the game modes and features present in PC3 especially offline. I'm not very interested in customizing the avatar. So I'm waiting for information.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    project cars 3 will die very quick. The devs must have lost a brain cell or 2 to remove features like pitting and the driver simulation.

You have gone for arcade piece of crap. Why???? We have forza.. and stuff like that for the arcade boys.
    I7 3970X 3.5ghz - 4.0ghz turbo
    16gb ram
    250gb SSD
    2TB HDD
    GTX690 4gb Vram
    Logitech G27...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by tyl3r99 View Post
    project cars 3 will die very quick. The devs must have lost a brain cell or 2 to remove features like pitting and the driver simulation.

You have gone for arcade piece of crap. Why???? We have forza.. and stuff like that for the arcade boys.
    Or perhaps they know better than you do how to design and market and position a game?
    Lots of people predicted pcars would flop and yet it remains in the top 3 in the steam player charts.

Pcars3 will not be Forza as it is built on SMS tech and it seems to me that it aims to offer SIM level driving with less hassle and more fun elements.

That may not appeal to you but it may appeal to many others and it appeals to me. I love pcars and will continue to play it but something with great driving physics with some fun attached, with more avenues to explore does appeal to me.

I hope one day we get a Forza horizon open world type game with SMS physics, that really would be neat.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 10 users likes this Post: amazed, cluck, EmilGlockner, hkraft300, Maskmagog, MaximusN, nono782, Olijke Poffer, Robert, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Bit of a non announcement, but it's interesting to see it under the Codemasters umbrella now.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: EmilGlockner

Platform
    PS4
    For me is simple it may not be a full sim like 2 but i really don't care as long as it has the p1 gtr
    134605.75 Miles Driven in PACRS 2 SO Far With My Beloved P1 GTR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikane View Post
    For me is simple it may not be a full sim like 2 but i really don't care as long as it has the p1 gtr
    It's better than that. The P1 and other cars will have magic tyres and pixie dust for fuel
    The following user likes this Post: Hugo Catarino