Thread: No FFB on DD2 custom setting

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

No FFB on DD2 custom setting

Hello,
    I search the forum and unfortunately didnt find anything that resembled my problem.

I installed the Jack Spade patch after setting up my DD2 under custom and noticed I had no FFB at all. There was no resistance on the wheel and no vibrations. I do have a motion rig and uninstalled the patch for that but that didnt make a difference,

So I decided to delete the Project cars directory, uninstall project cars and then reinstall.

However, now when I try to set up my custom wheel and assign the input but turning the wheel either left or right it doesn't recognize it and keeps saying multiple inputs were selected.

I can play Dirt Rally 2 and get full FFB so the wheel and hub seem to be working.
    Any help?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I also sent an support ticket to Bandai and they didnt have a solution and suggested I post in here....

so bump or how do I return the game thru steam?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 7racer View Post
    I also sent an support ticket to Bandai and they didnt have a solution and suggested I post in here....

so bump or how do I return the game thru steam?
    DD2 running fine here with in game FFB and with the custom files.
    From my point of view the JS files are way to bumpy for a DD wheel.
    Start with flavour RAW gain 100, all other settings to your liking. Volume start with 40, tone start with 55, Fx start with 35

To use the DD with PC2 there are following options:
    Use the wheel in 2.5 compatibility mode and use the Fanatec 2.5 preset in PC2.
    Or use not the comp. mode but use in game the Fanatec 2.5 preset.
    Alternative would be to use a custom profile in PC2.

To register the wheel steering axles make sure no other controller generate signals (unplug pedals) and then rotate the wheel in one direction but not completely to the end and immediately rotate back. On the way back PC2 should register the wheel input. Do the same for the other direction.

After that calibrate your wheel, it should show you 1080 (or 900 in comp.mode). I use on my DD2 for SEN the Auto setting you could also use SEN 1080.
    Last edited by jpmmuc; 09-07-2020 at 11:54.
    Wheel: Fanatec Podium DD Wheelbase, HE Sprint Pedals, Fanatec H-Shifter
    System: Win 10 (2004) / Intel Core i9 9900K / Geforce RTX 2080TI
    Monitor: 35" 21:9 (3440x1440)
    VR Headset: Valve Index, HTC Vive wireless

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmmuc View Post
    DD2 running fine here with in game FFB and with the custom files.
    From my point of view the JS files are way to bumpy for a DD wheel.
    Start with flavour RAW gain 100, all other settings to your liking. Volume start with 40, tone start with 55, Fx start with 35

To use the DD with PC2 there are following options:
    Use the wheel in 2.5 compatibility mode and use the Fanatec 2.5 preset in PC2.
    Or use not the comp. mode but use in game the Fanatec 2.5 preset.
    Alternative would be to use a custom profile in PC2.

To register the wheel steering axles make sure no other controller generate signals (unplug pedals) and then rotate the wheel in one direction but not completely to the end and immediately rotate back. On the way back PC2 should register the wheel input. Do the same for the other direction.

After that calibrate your wheel, it should show you 1080 (or 900 in comp.mode). I use on my DD2 for SEN the Auto setting you could also use SEN 1080.

Hmm, I'll try unplugging devices even if I get the wheel to recognize the custom settings, I dont get ANY FFB on the wheel at all. I have Heusinkvled pedals and a motion rig, but will give it a try.

for no FFB any idea about that issue?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 7racer View Post
    Hmm, I'll try unplugging devices even if I get the wheel to recognize the custom settings, I dont get ANY FFB on the wheel at all. I have Heusinkvled pedals and a motion rig, but will give it a try.

for no FFB any idea about that issue?
    I can't remember that there was no FFB at all.
    Try to start from scratch.

Close PC2. Delete the controller profile in:
    Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<SteamID>\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v103.sav

Set your DD2 to Comp2.5 mode, make sure that FF is set to e.g. 40-50, FEI 100, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100 (use the wheel menu).
    In Fanatec Comp. 2.5 mode you are able to control PC2 with the wheel buttons. Funky press (24) is select and button 1 is back, button 9 is Pause and in main menu button 0 is driver profile. Gear up and down (4 and 5) let you switch the "chapters" in menu.
    While driving you are able to switch the 3 telemetry screen with Funky - right (but only if you don't change the default button setup of the Funky switch).

Start PC2, go to Controller settings and select the default Fanatec CSW 2.5 profile. After that assign Throttle, Brake, Clutch.
    Calibrate Wheel and Pedals.
    Change in the FFB Setup flavour to RAW and change gain 100, volume 50, tone 45-55 (45 more track feeling and 55 more lateral feeling) FX 30, menu spring 0,06 (just a small force to straighten the wheel in the menu).

Start a quick race or test and you should have FFB.

After that you can change some other button mappings to your liking but don't change something at the Funky (default is up for ICM, left for HUD, right for delta split and in telemetry screen right for change between full - middle - minimal info).

I have a DD2 and HE Sprint they are a good combination
    Last edited by jpmmuc; 10-07-2020 at 07:42.
    Wheel: Fanatec Podium DD Wheelbase, HE Sprint Pedals, Fanatec H-Shifter
    System: Win 10 (2004) / Intel Core i9 9900K / Geforce RTX 2080TI
    Monitor: 35" 21:9 (3440x1440)
    VR Headset: Valve Index, HTC Vive wireless