Thread: Tyres losing temp.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Tyres losing temp.

When driving most cars that use the soft or hard slicks I find that unless the track is 45 degrees or more the tyres lose temperature almost immediately. This results in me driving on wets basically all the time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What temperature are they dropping to? Anything over 80C for hard tires is fine. And in which track? I never had problem with losing tyre temp when the track temp is 30C or so.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    What temperature are they dropping to? Anything over 80C for hard tires is fine. And in which track? I never had problem with losing tyre temp when the track temp is 30C or so.
    Pretty much any track any car that uses the "soft slick or "hard slick" the tyre temps will drop to 50C even less

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeoliver.00 View Post
    Pretty much any track any car that uses the "soft slick or "hard slick" the tyre temps will drop to 50C even less
    Maybe you are talking about the out lap, when you get out of the pits? PCARS2 does not support tyre blankets, so tyres start cold, need to wait for around a lap usually, to get them up to temperature.
    If you mean that this happens while racing, in a 40C track, I honestly never seen anything close to that, unless you just sit there in the track in a standstill. Maybe you can show a gameplay video of yours showing this happening?

Platform
    PC
    pCars˛ does not 'feature' tyre blankets
    Time Trial does have pre-heated tyres.
    In all other modes, tyres start out cold, you have to warm them up. Tyre temps go up quicker if the tyres are being worked, example: CORNERING
    If you are not sliding the tyres a little bit, they will also lose heat, as well as long straights will cause tire temps to drop, albeit not very quickly. Take a trip to Barcelona, that front left stays hot, go to Spa the corners are seperated by long straights keeping heat in tyres is the challenge.

Don't forget that you can also configure the time of year you are at a track, if you configure weather for the middle of winter...
    Last edited by Visceral_Syn; 08-07-2020 at 13:15.
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Visceral_Syn View Post
    pCars˛ does not 'feature' tyre blankets
    Time Trial does have pre-heated tyres.
    In all other modes, tyres start out cold, you have to warm them up.
    True for practice and quali, but not the race proper which starts on pre-warmed tires.

To the OP: maybe you are a very gentle (too gentle?) driver, if I have problems with tyre temps it's usually overheating.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos