Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginning to appreciate how important tire pressures are

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Not to turn this into another pcars3 bashing thread - there's enough of those already. But I appreciate being able to just jump into a race and see what happens with a default setup, or a baseline setup. I do that a lot on pub lobbies. In those circumstances, avoiding the turn 1 crashes and trolls out to ruin your race is part of the challenge, as far as I'm concerned.

But the reason I bought pCARS2 was because it gave you the option - no, the opportunity, to have more serious races, and gave you a platform to learn and grow and appreciate real motorsports - of which tire pressures are a thing that matter. A lot, evidently, even more than I gave it credit for. And I give credit to SMS and pCARS2 including that in the game.

Learning is fun, and learning about motorsports is fun, and I want to learn, because motorsports is interesting - and we shouldn't apologize or be embarrassed for liking what we like.
    I don't say you should apologise or be embarrassed for liking what you like do I? Who is?

You will still have pc2 and I suspect I will continue to play it too, others may appreciate the charms of pc3, I think I will like both for different reasons, but it is still early days and I look forward to more info on pc3.

Edit, summing up, not everyone wants to be a race engineer and a driver, some just want to drive. That may be the group SMS are looking at.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 16-07-2020 at 20:13.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    ... .

Learning is fun, and learning about motorsports is fun, and I want to learn, because motorsports is interesting - and we shouldn't apologize or be embarrassed for liking what we like.
    How deep do you want to dive down that rabbit hole?
    In a practice session, come to a hard stop at the end of the longest straight, then watch the tyre pressures for a minute. The way the brakes, load on the tyres, scrub, livetrack, even damper settings interact with and affect tyre temp and pressure is a wet dream.

Ps highly recommend Jussi's suspension calculator to change dampers and springs.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants