Thread: My thoughts on project cars 3

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

My thoughts on project cars 3

I think what they are doing with PC3 is good in my eyes. But i can also see how they have angered sim fanatics. Been playing games for over 35 years and seen it all, right from the atari and binatone to the ps4 etc. I loved the idea of PC2 but the game was just too unforgiving for alot of us to drive.

I got so fed up with sliding off the road and spinning out, that i just gave up. It wasnt fun anymore and thats what gaming is all about to me. I have all the consoles from the ps1 to the ps4 and mostly play the older consoles like ps2 etc. The reason is that gaming has become stale and boring for me.

The older consoles were far more fun and far more original and well developed than when the hard drives started all the DLC. endless patches, loot boxes and stuff that i personally hate. I have fallen out with gaming now as a result a bit. Instead of me blabbering on, i wouldnt have bought PC3 had it been like 1 and 2.

I will now because it reminds me of TOCA handling and much more fun than the other two. I can see why people are fed up though because to some people it seems SMS have sold you out. They had to come between both parties i suppose to drive the game upwards. Still it could be a strange move for the sim fans because they will probably stay with 1 and 2, which defeats the object of it all i reckon for SMS.

I wont be buying next gen for the first time in 30 years. The games will be too high a price and the differences from ps4 to ps5 wont be worth doing it for and ive got enough consoles to play on from yesteryear. Oh how we all loved the days from 2d to the ps1 wipeout etc....those days are gone, now its the year of the seasons passes...DLC PAID....lootboxes and unfinished games. Not for me anymore fellas, the fun has gone. peace.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by papermariooking View Post
    I think what they are doing with PC3 is good in my eyes. But i can also see how they have angered sim fanatics. Been playing games for over 35 years and seen it all, right from the atari and binatone to the ps4 etc. I loved the idea of PC2 but the game was just too unforgiving for alot of us to drive.

I got so fed up with sliding off the road and spinning out, that i just gave up. It wasnt fun anymore and thats what gaming is all about to me. I have all the consoles from the ps1 to the ps4 and mostly play the older consoles like ps2 etc. The reason is that gaming has become stale and boring for me.

The older consoles were far more fun and far more original and well developed than when the hard drives started all the DLC. endless patches, loot boxes and stuff that i personally hate. I have fallen out with gaming now as a result a bit. Instead of me blabbering on, i wouldnt have bought PC3 had it been like 1 and 2.

I will now because it reminds me of TOCA handling and much more fun than the other two. I can see why people are fed up though because to some people it seems SMS have sold you out. They had to come between both parties i suppose to drive the game upwards. Still it could be a strange move for the sim fans because they will probably stay with 1 and 2, which defeats the object of it all i reckon for SMS.

I wont be buying next gen for the first time in 30 years. The games will be too high a price and the differences from ps4 to ps5 wont be worth doing it for and ive got enough consoles to play on from yesteryear. Oh how we all loved the days from 2d to the ps1 wipeout etc....those days are gone, now its the year of the seasons passes...DLC PAID....lootboxes and unfinished games. Not for me anymore fellas, the fun has gone. peace.
    may I ask, what are you hoping to get from pCARS3 that other sim-cade and arcade games haven't delivered? Where are games like Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsports, Driveclub and Need for Speed failing?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    may I ask, what are you hoping to get from pCARS3 that other sim-cade and arcade games haven't delivered? Where are games like Forza Horizon, Forza Motorsports, Driveclub and Need for Speed failing?
    I can't obviously answer for him, but for me it's very simple. Driving physics.

I honestly can't name a single game that tries to combine a sim racing feel, with a more approachable "career" so to say.

Forza Horison, Forza Motorsports, Driveclub and NFS all have very simplified driving models, in comparison to PCars.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nono782, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFalcon View Post
    I can't obviously answer for him, but for me it's very simple. Driving physics.

I honestly can't name a single game that tries to combine a sim racing feel, with a more approachable "career" so to say.

Forza Horison, Forza Motorsports, Driveclub and NFS all have very simplified driving models, in comparison to PCars.
    That doesn't seem to be what the OP is looking for, however, they stated that PC2 was "just too unforgiving for alot of us to drive" and that PC3 "reminds me of TOCA handling", so SIM handling doesn't seem to be what they are after.

This for me is the key problem with how PC3 is being marketed, and why it may end up appealing to a very limited audience rather than a broad one.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, DaWorstPlaya, Hammerpgh, ShadowFalcon

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaff View Post
    That doesn't seem to be what the OP is looking for, however, they stated that PC2 was "just too unforgiving for alot of us to drive" and that PC3 "reminds me of TOCA handling", so SIM handling doesn't seem to be what they are after.

This for me is the key problem with how PC3 is being marketed, and why it may end up appealing to a very limited audience rather than a broad one.
    Well, they did add some more assists to turn on, making the driving even more forgiving in PC3, than it was in PC 1 or 2.

That's why I think it could appeal to a very broad audience, because you can scale the forgiveness of the driving feel very widely, from a setup which the OP might be looking for, to the full on sim driving feel I fell in love with, in PC 1 and 2.

This is however just me theorising.
    The following user likes this Post: Scaff

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFalcon View Post
    Well, they did add some more assists to turn on, making the driving even more forgiving in PC3, than it was in PC 1 or 2.

That's why I think it could appeal to a very broad audience, because you can scale the forgiveness of the driving feel very widely, from a setup which the OP might be looking for, to the full on sim driving feel I fell in love with, in PC 1 and 2.

This is however just me theorising.
    It may do, we will have to see, I personally think its a risky move.
    The following user likes this Post: ShadowFalcon