Thread: should I give pCARS1 career mode another shot?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

should I give pCARS1 career mode another shot?

So.... obviously, I'm not gonna get the career mode in pCARS3 I want. But I do still want to play a career mode that I think pCARS1 wanted to be, but fell somewhat short of. pCARS2... simplified the pCARS1 career mode idea so that it didn't feel like I was engaged in something worth doing.

But I keep going back to the idea of what pCARS1 tried to do. What turned me off of pCARS1 career mode, was that starting in GT4, I chose the mustang, I chose a respectable difficulty rate, and outdrove the car and put it at the end of the championship in p5 - waaaay above what the other mustangs did, so I figured, hey, I did well, the game should recognize I did well, it should rewards me with a nice contract in a better GT4 car or a slow-ish GT3 car.

But no it did nothing. To move up I had to turn down the difficulty, get in the top 3 (i think that's what it was), and then you get to go to GT3. So that was a turn off, and gave up the career mode.

But I'm wondering, is there more to the career mode than I experienced - something that would make it worth going back to? pCARS2 career mode was, as I mentioned, even more simple and superficial - but I'm wondering if in pCARS1 there was a more inter-connectedness feeling between the different championships where, even if not perfect, it would make it worth it to try again?

Let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 28-07-2020 at 00:10.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Progression in Project CARS 1 career mode was top 3 to go from 'Part A' (ie National) to 'Part B' (ie World) and top 1 to go from tier to tier.

It wasn't perfect, and progression probavly needed some work, but it's more than enjoyable when it works.