Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech McLaren G Challenge '20

Platform
    PC
    Not announced yet, but last year was an event with 4 short races and winner advanced to the grand final.
    https://youtu.be/puS3ACa9gdA
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Not announced yet, but last year was an event with 4 short races and winner advanced to the grand final.
    https://youtu.be/puS3ACa9gdA

In-person though? I guess at some point they have to get the xbox, ps, and pc drivers on the same equipmet to race each other.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Yesterday disputed the European online final of this competition with the fastest PCARS2 players (Wolf, NADE, Isaac, JK, Popsu, Khaki...).
    I knew I had no option to compite face to face with them because those aliens were 1" faster, so I try to make a clean race with no mistakes and avoiding any contact to get a decent place in the top ten.
    There was only one place to advance to the superfinals and that made the fight at the top very tough. I finished the race in an unexpected 4th place, but with the post-race penalties, I advanced to 2nd place. Couldn't be happier, and another G29 & a Pro X Headset reward. Final Results.

Waiting for 2021 season, hope with PCARS2 too.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 27-09-2020 at 18:12.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, cpcdem, David Wright, Maskmagog, Twinz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It was an amazing grid and you did really well - congratulations!!

The racing was exciting but Wolf seemed far too aggressive when overtaking. Will you hear if there is any stewards action?

I don't understand why only one goes forward when this wasn't the case in the North American finals.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    Yes, Wolf, JK16 and Khaki received post race penalties:

Lap 1 Turn 3: Warning for Wolf, warning for Pawlowski (3-wide complications)
    Lap 1 Turn 4: Warning for Adamczyk. (3-wide complications)
    Lap 1 Turn 16: JK16, 5 second penalty, late braking resulting in contact and spinout.
    Lap 5 Turn 4: Pawlowski second warning, turning in, Wolf second warning, late braking.
    Lap 7 Turn 7: Wolf, on entry not leaving room, 5 second penalty, Pawlowski not leaving room on exit, 5 second penalty.
    Lap 9 Turn 4: Wolf, 5 second penalty late breaking leading to contact.

That's why I advanced from 4th to 2nd. In the link in my previous post appears the official results after that penalties. Wolf moved from 1st to 5th and JK16 from 2nd to 4th. Adamczyk won.

In Europe there is only one place because there are many local events that gives a wildcard to the superfinal (UK, Spain, Belgium, France...), so less places avaliable in this online event to advance.
    That made the race specially rough at the front.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 27-09-2020 at 18:13.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: David Wright, Konan, Maskmagog

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Huge congratulations Asturbo! And great to see that some times being fair and clean does pay off bigtime!
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo