Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 177

Thread: Silver Project Custom FFB

  1. #131
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KArsten Hvidberg View Post
    Right, I will adjust accordingly.
    Thinking higher volume should not make the noise too harsh too.

    But strengthen_low at 0.1 or 0.2 does not improve your overall feeling?
    If not I will prob. only keep 2 files: Dd/belt and then gear.
    oh you mean manually imputing strengthen low. I haven’t tried it with DD file. Don’t really feel a need. Will give it a go later.
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

  2. #132
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    oh you mean manually imputing strengthen low. I haven’t tried it with DD file. Don’t really feel a need. Will give it a go later.
    Ok, please let me know if you try.

    Also, what exact settings did you adjust reg. road & scrubbing? Would be good for me to test the same on my DD wheel base.
    Who knows, maybe they feel great here too.

    Finally, was it the 6.4 version or the 6.4 experimental version you tried?

    Maybe just post your edited file in full for me, so I can try the changes that work well on your wheel out in full?
    Last edited by KArsten Hvidberg; 19-09-2020 at 10:52.

  3. #133
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KArsten Hvidberg View Post
    Ok, please let me know if you try.

    Also, what exact settings did you adjust reg. road & scrubbing? Would be good for me to test the same on my DD wheel base.
    Who knows, maybe they feel great here too.

    Finally, was it the 6.4 version or the 6.4 experimental version you tried?

    Maybe just post your edited file in full for me, so I can try the changes that work well on your wheel out in full?
    I find in creasing Strengthen low makes the wheel heavy or resistive to turn in and less tactile and responsive

    I play around with this setting for track bump vibrations.
    (Trk_bump_amp 0.10)

    and this setting for scrub rash , although it does smooth it a bit , Im not sure if any gets any better by going higher again .. I always try to keep the same differential between of 0.4

    # Scrub lambda (inversely proportional to frequency of effect)
    # Higher values give lower freq. Best range 1.1 - 1.8
    (scrub_lambda_front 2.6)
    (scrub_lambda_rear 2.2)

    theres more than one 6.4 ?
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

  4. #134
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    I find in creasing Strengthen low makes the wheel heavy or resistive to turn in and less tactile and responsive

    I play around with this setting for track bump vibrations.
    (Trk_bump_amp 0.10)

    and this setting for scrub rash , although it does smooth it a bit , Im not sure if any gets any better by going higher again .. I always try to keep the same differential between of 0.4

    # Scrub lambda (inversely proportional to frequency of effect)
    # Higher values give lower freq. Best range 1.1 - 1.8
    (scrub_lambda_front 2.6)
    (scrub_lambda_rear 2.2)

    theres more than one 6.4 ?

    I posted a 6.4 experimental and replaced it with 6.4 later.
    In your file at the top line it will say experimental or not.

  5. #135
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KArsten Hvidberg View Post
    I posted a 6.4 experimental and replaced it with 6.4 later.
    In your file at the top line it will say experimental or not.

    lol , thats confusing

    I think mine is the stock version.

    Also i just tested my dead zone alteration , and it felt ok on my wheel.

    (output (if g_series_enable_tighten (tighten output 0.02 0.01) output))

    maybe theres provision for having more than one switchable tightening for different wheels ?

    Also potentially helped with reducing vibration ... maybe placebo effect maybe not ?
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

  6. #136
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    lol , thats confusing

    I think mine is the stock version.

    Also i just tested my dead zone alteration , and it felt ok on my wheel.

    (output (if g_series_enable_tighten (tighten output 0.02 0.01) output))

    maybe theres provision for having more than one switchable tightening for different wheels ?

    Also potentially helped with reducing vibration ... maybe placebo effect maybe not ?
    Ok, I'm a little surprised you need dead one removal on a T300?

  7. #137
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KArsten Hvidberg View Post
    Ok, I'm a little surprised you need dead one removal on a T300?
    They have about 2-4 % depending on belt tension, from what ive found using wheel check. its not a lot . but i feel it allows a little free play of small detail forces.
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

  8. #138
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkinatra View Post
    Ok Karsten, thats fine, im having a blast with this 6.0 edited file and 80(60-even 100 acording to the car)/40/35/25, best sensation ever. Thanks for all the good work.
    Hey Luis,

    I am not sure the low level v6.5 hits the mark for the g-series, is it possible for you to check?

  9. #139
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    They have about 2-4 % depending on belt tension, from what ive found using wheel check. its not a lot . but i feel it allows a little free play of small detail forces.
    I see what you have done with 6.5,

    Are they all much the same except for tightening ? It feels good and hasnt lost anything from 6.4

    I jumped into Mid level. Ive done a bit of reading old ( and extremely long) threads from PC1 Forums talking about deadzones etc.

    I realized i my have underestimated my physical deadzone vs actual effective deadzone which is another step or two on log file. so I have been trying a few different combos and understood things a bit better i think ?

    Currently running
    Removal at 0.05
    Fall off at 0.012

    as ive zoned in I've noticed the scrub rash become a little more slower pulse or less rapid spikes if you will ( generally better feeling)

    and this is on Sakitto with a indy car , which is normally a pretty rough scratchy ride.
    My rig ..... is not worthy
    T300Rs Gt wheel , T3pa Pro inverted pedals
    32" curved Konka 144hz monitor
    Acer AIO ( awaiting funds to replace) , please donate to the cause https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KukuMaddog

  10. #140
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    91
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuku Maddog View Post
    I see what you have done with 6.5,

    Are they all much the same except for tightening ? It feels good and hasnt lost anything from 6.4

    I jumped into Mid level. Ive done a bit of reading old ( and extremely long) threads from PC1 Forums talking about deadzones etc.

    I realized i my have underestimated my physical deadzone vs actual effective deadzone which is another step or two on log file. so I have been trying a few different combos and understood things a bit better i think ?

    Currently running
    Removal at 0.05
    Fall off at 0.012

    as ive zoned in I've noticed the scrub rash become a little more slower pulse or less rapid spikes if you will ( generally better feeling)

    and this is on Sakitto with a indy car , which is normally a pretty rough scratchy ride.
    Hey Kuku,

    I must admit I am still left wondering if the t300 really needs this.

    Can you possibly try leaving the tighten values both at 0.0, and then change the strengthen_low instead?
    Try it at 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 & 0.4 and see if it does not feel as good?

    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Project Silver Custom FFB
    By KArsten Hvidberg in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-08-2020, 22:35
  2. Chrome Silver
    By SuperArmySoldiers in forum Car Painting & Designs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-12-2017, 15:11
  3. Custom liveries in Project Cars 2?
    By Molda in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 13:18
  4. Pcars1 Gold/Silver member need help :)
    By JazzMann in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 21:50
  5. GT3 & GT4 SILVER ACCOLADES NOT POPPING.
    By wigs2009 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 15:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •