Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Project CARS 3 reviews thread

Platform
    PC

The Project CARS 3 reviews thread

We don't seem to have one yet, so to avoid reviews getting lost in all the other threads, how about we stick them here.
    Here's one to get the ball rolling

Let's have 'em all, the good the bad and the ugly
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    From the ones posted on Discord, the average review score is coming in at just under 78% so far. I'm keeping track of them like I did for pCARS1 and 2 (yes, in a spreadsheet )
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: amazed, blinkngone, EmilGlockner, Tank621, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Sorry, didn't see this thread. So far pretty good, if only it wasn't named PCars 3 an oft heard lament.
    https://hardcoregamer.com/2020/08/24...cars-3/385645/
    Last edited by Konan; 24-08-2020 at 17:16.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    https://www.thesixthaxis.com/

Ahrrrrggg. We are safe though. This ain't no Fast and Furious.

"What stops that flow are the carryover elements from previous Project CARS games. Namely, corner-cutting penalties that are stricter than a former head teacher. Run two wheels off the track on a corner exit, penalty. Cut the inside of a corner, penalty. Brush a wall on one of the many street circuits and your lap times are invalidated. This is extremely annoying during career events such as “Hot Lap” (one-lap time trial) or “Pace Setter” (three-lap timed average), leading to many event restarts. It’s completely at odds with the new laidback racing vibes."
    Last edited by blinkngone; 24-08-2020 at 16:10.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Jimmy bashing PC3 again ;-)

Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos
    The following 9 users likes this Post: apex53, Asturbo, blinkngone, CpPolar268, denis74, pippinfort, Psychotik, tennenbaum, Twinz

Platform
    PC
    Jeez I hope the patch has some AI fixes. Hey, just my opinion. I grew up practicing duck and cover in school.

gmespew.

https://www.gamespew.com/2020/08/project-cars-3-review/
    Last edited by blinkngone; 24-08-2020 at 16:58.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - cross-platform PC2 leaderboards per car - Xbox/PS4/PC - Forum thread

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Project Cars' breadth has long been its strength, and at long last it's something that's a pleasure to engage with. The series' sim status sometimes sat a bit awkwardly, and its cars were certainly awkward to handle, but I never considered it might work better like this. Be warned that it's still a Project Cars game, with moments of inelegance as commonplace as its moments of beauty. With its reinvention as a brash arcade racer, though, it feels like the series might just have found its true calling.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-cars-3-review
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - cross-platform PC2 leaderboards per car - Xbox/PS4/PC - Forum thread

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Overall Project CARS 3, while reminiscent of the earlier two games, is distinctly different and is not a motorsport simulation – unlike the earlier two games.

It’s more comparable to Driveclub and the GRID games in terms of its simplified handling model and with how easy it is to get to grips with even the most powerful of cars.

However, the ability to upgrade cars does add a lot of strategy and replay value to the events, especially later in the career where the events ramp up in difficulty.

Project CARS 3 is a marked change in direction for the series and with it being a simcade game, it will turn off some of the players who loved the first two games.

In turn though, it will be more appealing to those who want a more laid-back and approachable racing game.

https://the-race.com/esports/project...in-most-areas/

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Screenshot from that review... WTH happened to the graphics this time round?

Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Overall Project CARS 3, while reminiscent of the earlier two games, is distinctly different and is not a motorsport simulation – unlike the earlier two games.

It’s more comparable to Driveclub and the GRID games in terms of its simplified handling model and with how easy it is to get to grips with even the most powerful of cars.

However, the ability to upgrade cars does add a lot of strategy and replay value to the events, especially later in the career where the events ramp up in difficulty.

Project CARS 3 is a marked change in direction for the series and with it being a simcade game, it will turn off some of the players who loved the first two games.

In turn though, it will be more appealing to those who want a more laid-back and approachable racing game.

https://the-race.com/esports/project...in-most-areas/
    With Rushy in charge i think this was always going to happen.
    Anyone but Hamilton