Thread: Rivals Mode

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Rivals Mode

Are there any plans to add the function for users to be able to turn off the ghost cars in Rivals mode??

After I have set myself a laptime, If I back out and return at a later time, I now have 3 ghost cars on the track all very close to my time. If the difference is tenths, then the ghost car is inside my car the whole time, and I struggle to see the track and keep making silly mistakes because the ghosts are in the way.

Also, I am starting behind the other ghosts cars, and don't seem to be going as fast as they are over the start line. If its only 1 lap hot lap event, how are they starting off going faster than I am. It is happening on the Sakitto Aston Martin rivals this month. If it starts me in 5th gear im in front or up there with them, If it starts me in 6th, im behind them and the laptime is done before its even started.

Why are there limits to the number of attempts that can be made? Can you add a leaderboard mode so we can pick a track and car class and go at it all day long if that's what one wants to do?

Loving the game so far, Its WAY more fun than PC1, and I loved that to death.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Except of turning off ghosts in rivals, everything was already mentioned in bugs section.

As ghost of opponents are indeed making it difficult to properly turn if they are close, I would recommend to make them transparent when up to 0,5 second from player rather than completly turning them off.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah the ghosts are very distracting when you leave the current session and come back later.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree, they are very annoying and should be optional. I have missed so many corners because of these things. I hate ghost cars in all racers, but some give you the option to turn 'em off. I've only found ghost cars useful when they're attached to learning tracks and they're being driven by the AI on the optimal line. Even then, they get old fast and usually get turned off after a lap or 2.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree needs a toggle for Ghosts and also please expand on the mode to be able to have more varied and optional choices for running rivals.

Like based on classes or tracks.