Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: VR issue

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    No, not yet
    Are the guys troubleshooting this on the latest windows update? I know there is a hidden update in it that has something to do with usb data. I only know this because my motion software was effected by this. It worked but wouldnt allow it to work correctly. I wonder if this has something to do with it?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    I don't think the problem is windows related. I am not experiencing any issues with other titles or in PC1/PC2. But, if the team has seen the issue. They maybe having issues with locating the coding causing the issue.
    The Internet is Wrong about Project Cars 2

Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    I don't think the problem is windows related. I am not experiencing any issues with other titles or in PC1/PC2. But, if the team has seen the issue. They maybe having issues with locating the coding causing the issue.
    Thats the thing with what i mentioned it doesnt effect everything the same. In the case of the software i mentioned it worked just not right and if you never used it before the 2004 windows update youd never know the difference. The guys that where using it before that knew something was off immediately. The windows update had something to do with usb speed or packets or something along those lines. I wonder if its dropping out and thats why some of us are having the freezing issues. Because it will normally work at least one race then freeze. Just a thought.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:P-1 /SIMUCUBE Ultimate / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift S/ BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    https://randomascii.wordpress.com/20...t-rule-change/

This is what i was talking about. Games are one of the things it can effect.

If you read the posts linked at the bottom on the two other forums it explains it alot more and it implications. Honestly i dont understand alot of the coding talk but i got the idea of what its doing and why its not good depending on how things are set in certain programs.

So its actually a windows caused issue but the game needs to be changed to fix it.
    Last edited by morpwr; 24-10-2020 at 02:16.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    How do we solve this?

Mobo: Gibabyte Z77-D3H 16GB Ram | CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3,4 GHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 OS: Windows 10 64 bit | Displays: Oculus Rift S | 40 inch Samsung TV | Optoma Full HD Projector with 80 inch Screen | Sound: Edifier S550 | Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW v2 | Wheels: BMW GT3 / F1 | Pedals: CSR elite | Shifter: CSS SQ V 1.5 EU | Rig: Rexroth frame on aluminium tear plate mounted on springs | Motion: 2 DOF SCN5 simulator | Tactile feedback: 2 ButtKicker BKA1000-N Amps with 2 big LFE's: Simvibe Extreme Tactile Audio: ButtKicker Mini LFE | FFB settings: Jack spade tweaker files

"when pCars gets in the blood, one must drive to live."

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Nothing else to do but to wait i'm afraid...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Nothing else to do but to wait i'm afraid...
    Any updates from the devs?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Nothing yet
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    Tried with Quest 2 over Virtual Desktop, same issue, crashes on clicking Race.
    Adam's SimPorium
    Simucube with Ascher rims - Heusinkveld pedals - Sim Labs P1 - NLR V3 motion - Aiologs shifter & handbrake
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    My experience: I really have no issues playing this on a normal monitor. Performance is great for me at max settings with shadows turned down a notch on a 100Hz 3440x1440 monitor (3900x, 1080 Ti, SSD install, DDR4 3600). My wheel setup works great just as it did on PC2 (Fanatec CSW 2.5, Clubsport v3, SQ 1.5 shifter, USB analog handbrake). Standard screen visuals are actually really good after I applied some adjustments seen on YouTube with regards to AA, sharpening, etc.

That's where it ends on the good note. I purchased this game because of VR. I don't race on a regular screen anymore and I haven't since the HTC Vive came out. Heck, my rig hasn't had a monitor in years until I started playing MS Flight Sim 2020.

Performance is horrendous no matter the settings (and yes, tested before and after said visual adjustments mentioned above, lots of time spent through experience with previous game). The level of blur is on another level. I've tested this on a Lenovo Explorer, HTC Vive and Valve Index. Frame times and FPS are incredibly poor compared to PC2 and I don't see the visual improvements. Visuals in PC2 for VR are exceptional; crisp, AA handled well with MSAA medium, sharpening applied, large field of cars, etc. I'm able to run high settings in PC2, keep 90Hz, good frame times and 3-4x visual clarity/quality with the same setup.

Let me say that the game is enjoyable with regards to game play. It's not that I can not or do not have fun racing on a normal screen it's just not how I sim race anymore. VR was killer in PC2. It was the main feature I was looking forward to with PC3. So I'm not bashing, I'm just honestly wondering where things are going.

Are we going to see visual and performance improvements for VR moving forward? Or will it just be expected to brute force through issues with a 3000 series / 6000 series?
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit | Ryzen 3900x | 16GB DDR4 3600 | GTX 1080 Ti | Valve Index | M.2 SSD Install
    Fanatec CSW 2.5 | Fanatec Clubsport v3 | Fanatec SQ v1.5 | USB Analog Handbrake | Buttkickers w/SimHub
    The following user likes this Post: FatnSlo