Thread: Fanatec Podium Issues [solution inside]

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Fanatec Podium Issues [solution inside]

The Fanatec Podium wheel still does not work after the update. Before the update the wheel was recognized in COMP V2.5 mode. However, the calibration was wrong and the tires could only move a few degrees. Maybe that was fixable but the update happened and I didnít go any further.

NOTE: COMP V2.5 mode makes the wheel look like an older Clubsport V2.5 wheel. This mode was required for PC2 to work with this wheelbase.

After the update the menu controls work in normal PC mode but none work in game. In COMP V2.5 mode the buttons work for the most part but the wheel does not work at all.

I have stand alone USB pedals which I could map to appropriate inputs.

Does anyone have a working Fanatec wheelbase on PC?

Can anyone tell me where the configuration files are for the wheel?

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    My DD1 worked out of the box in PC3. In PC-mode of course. That also works in PC2 if you choose custom wheel(in stead of the Fanatec profile). Only downside is that you have to map all buttons and axis' yourself(and the rpm and gear display don't work, but I couldn't care less). That might also work in PC3 if you can't get it to work on the Fanatec profile.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    My DD1 worked out of the box in PC3. In PC-mode of course. That also works in PC2 if you choose custom wheel(in stead of the Fanatec profile). Only downside is that you have to map all buttons and axis' yourself(and the rpm and gear display don't work, but I couldn't care less). That might also work in PC3 if you can't get it to work on the Fanatec profile.
    Lucky you. Does it still work after the update?

My thought is that if I can find the settings file I can get rid of it and try to start fresh. I will try the custom wheel. Maybe just going back and forth works. Note: in all cases it correctly automatically identifies the podium wheelbase.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IUnknown View Post
    Lucky you. Does it still work after the update?

My thought is that if I can find the settings file I can get rid of it and try to start fresh. I will try the custom wheel. Maybe just going back and forth works. Note: in all cases it correctly automatically identifies the podium wheelbase.
    Yes, it still worked after the patch. You could try deleting the defaultcontroller.sav(?). It's somewhere under users/username/appdata/local/slightly mad studios/project cars 3/(/savegames?) . I don't have the exact path at hand, but it should point you in the right direction. Be sure to start in PC-mode after doing that though, because else it might recognize it asa CSW v2.5 and I think you don't want that.

EDIT: It's C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Slightly Mad Studios\Project CARS 3\savegame\<number>\project cars 3\profiles filename: default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav (rename it instead of deleting it, just to be safe)
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-09-2020 at 22:40.
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Solved! The controller .sav files were corrupt and well hidden. I renamed the Profile folder and started it up and it works but....

The root cause is that when you start in VR from Oculus desktop PC3 does not have keyboard focus. So the keys “don’t work”. So in the process of figuring that out I used the keyboard first. Once I did that the configuration files were corrupt.

To find the files type %appdata% into Explorer. Go up one directory and search for Project Cars 3. Open the file location of project cars 3 and search there for *.sav. They are in a profiles directory. Rename that directory and start over. The file names are not simple but the .sav you can search for.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, Maskmagog, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4
    It’s things like this that put me off pc gaming.
    I’ve lived through the stress of windows pc for years in my work life before switching to Mac which was such an easier way of working.
    Plug and play simplicity made me go for ps5 again after thinking of building a gaming pc.
    Guess I don’t do stress to well!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankiestail View Post
    It’s things like this that put me off pc gaming.
    I’ve lived through the stress of windows pc for years in my work life before switching to Mac which was such an easier way of working.
    Plug and play simplicity made me go for ps5 again after thinking of building a gaming pc.
    Guess I don’t do stress to well!
    For me it's the other way around. Having to buy new hardware(like wheels) for a new console is just a waste of resources IMHO. Even extra controllers often don't mix with the new stuff even if they technically could. And either having to leave your game collection behind or having two(or more) pieces of hardware set up is also really not my cup of tea. I'm pretty happy I can start GT Legends(and a bunch of other games) when I want using all the stuff already set up.

And to be frank my PC doesn't give that much trouble and most problems are pretty easy to fix if you think it through before you start pulling at software, settings and hardware.

That and the concept of exclusives is against my principles to say the least.

But I can kind of understand your feeling. I work in IT too, bought a 360 controller when Assassin's Creed came out and never used the 'office-input-method' again. At first Xpadder and now also having a Steam Conroller makes it even easier. It helps of course that you couldn't sell me a competitive shooter if you bribed me.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 20-09-2020 at 11:13.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your help Max.

I started driving on Xbox 360 (Forza) because at that time there was nothing like it on the PC. I was happy everything on the console just worked. At that time the PC was much worse for sure.

When my 360 gave up my CSL Elite circa 2012 wheel didn’t work on the next model. But low and behold with a USB I could plug into a PC and play Project Cars and Assetto. After ACC I have been looking forward to a more arcade like game like this.