Thread: After pit stop, car just sits in pit box,,what is wrong.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

After pit stop, car just sits in pit box,,what is wrong.

This happens when in a race or even when doing the practice session,
    The pit speed limiter is on automatic and I enter the pit lane normally and slow down to the required speed.

I make a pit stop, the pit crew does it's thing. When they finish, I cannot leave the pit box. The car just sits there and starts to drift slowly to the right. If I turn the wheel, no effect. If I press on the gas no effect.
    No matter what button I push, nothing happens for about 30 seconds or more, then all of a sudden the Car starts up and starts rolling down the pit lane.

Why is there a delay and how do I get rid of it. I will cost me in a race making me uncompetitive no matter what.

Platform
    PC
    Check your pit stop settings to make sure that all mechanical/damage repairs are turned off.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I will check that,,what I noticed that when making the stop, there is a damage repair status line that moves to 100% before my car is set back down. So I figure I am good to go
    It is after that, that the delay comes in.

But just curious, wouldn't I want to repair light and easy damage in a pit stop??? which is what I figured that setting is for...... If it is mechanical failure, then I am out.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
    I will check that,,what I noticed that when making the stop, there is a damage repair status line that moves to 100% before my car is set back down. So I figure I am good to go
    It is after that, that the delay comes in.

But just curious, wouldn't I want to repair light and easy damage in a pit stop??? which is what I figured that setting is for...... If it is mechanical failure, then I am out.
    Damage simulation is off anyway in the game AFAIK, so repairing it is a waste of time I think. So the delay is not about damage repair. Is it refueling then?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think