Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts on picking up the sim again

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You may not but I certainly do and I am far far from a my game is holier than though elite sim racer... Ive played plenty of arcade racers over my time and although I prefer a more realistic approach now I would not turn my nose up at a PC port of Wipeout for instance...

Nothing wrong with arcade games ofcourse its just not for me in a PCars package.

The handling may still be ok but the game design has numerous arcade elements to it from my perspective. Dude bro tents everywhere, significant dumbing down in multiple areas, majorly out of place track side stuff that just is not there in real life, neon arrows, experience points, magic tyres, pits blocked off, pats on the back for corner taking, AI bumper cars, upgrades, ridiculously short races etc.. etc.. etc..
    6700K / 2080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / Simlab GT1 Evo / Oculus Rift S / Valve Index / Fanatec DD1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / SQ v1.5 Shifter

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    PC2 is my most played game; love it despite its quirks and variation in quality / fidelity for cars and tracks. With that being said, I'm unsure if I'll return to it after having picked up ACC that has raised the bar even higher for sim racing on consoles (runs very smoothly on the Series X).

I also loved the enthusiasm this forum shared for PC2 when it was fresh out (and for a good while thereafter). There were lots of passionate users on here.
    GT Planet username: Kart_Forever

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I also loved the enthusiasm this forum shared for PC2 when it was fresh out (and for a good while thereafter). There were lots of passionate users on here.
    Goes to show how loyal some are when the company they claimed to love so much releases a game they don't like...
    The praise changes into silence or something much worse, which imo the company does not deserve...
    Suddenly that amazing company changes into money grabbers, backstabbers and what not...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Goes to show how loyal some are when the company they claimed to love so much releases a game they don't like...
    The praise changes into silence or something much worse, which imo the company does not deserve...
    Suddenly that amazing company changes into money grabbers, backstabbers and what not...
    Ya I think the gaming community in general is extremely vindictive & entitled. However, it's perfectly reasonable for people to no longer visit & post in the forums if they have lost interest in the series. On the flip side, criticizing the devs incessantly for the direction they have taken is vain and to a certain extent laughable.

Personally, I know that PC3 is not what I'm after and that's the end of it (I simply don't buy). I'm not sure how much voicing one's disapproval in a toxic manner actually impacts the developers' future decisions since sales figures will give the consensus in a much more concise fashion. Feels like a lot of these people are just spreading negative energy for the sake of getting attention & validation since social media enacts that type of behavior.
    GT Planet username: Kart_Forever
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chastewand, John Hargreaves, Konan, MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    What? This is a company, not a spouse. This is business. Loyalty goes only as far as the company delivers. Also, regarding loyalty, I believe promises were made by the company that were not exactly fulfilled.
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, DaWorstPlaya

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    What? This is a company, not a spouse. This is business. Loyalty goes only as far as the company delivers. Also, regarding loyalty, I believe promises were made by the company that were not exactly fulfilled.
    I don't expect anyone outside WMD to understand what i mean...
    I'm not even talking about financial backup through buying the game, if you don't like it that's ok but don't go out of your way to tear it down just because it doesn't have the stuff you would like it to have...

(by "you" i mean generally speaking)
    Last edited by Konan; 17-11-2020 at 06:01.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I wasn't a part of WMD but I'd say those that were can feel proud of their contribution within the genre. It's easy to criticize on forums, even easier to be misunderstood. Forum contributions are a huge source of information and ideas though, and sometimes it's just good to get things off ones chest.
    I for one love coming back to PC2. Single player VR and a fan of the lower formula like Clio and its a no brainer at the moment. ACC is a tad taxing on my elderly pc whereas PC2 looks great with the sharpening tool. Its all about the ability of the title to draw me in and immerse, and PC2 does that. Im now in the Renault RS01 championship and havent adjusted the difficulty once. Its been hugely entertaining... except for Spa yesterday where I spun in the rain getting down the power too aggressively and had a DNF- see? Immersed
    Last edited by Keena; 17-11-2020 at 08:14.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo