Thread: What the time on the screen correspond to?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

What the time on the screen correspond to?

First, I'm french, i may not speak very well english, please excuse me for that... I hope my message will be understood

When I play at project cars 2 in "community" mode or "online" mode (i don't know exactly to translate "communauté" in english)

at the mode for "making the best time", when I drive, on the screen, a time near the center of the screen, is showing a difference apparently between my actual time and the best time I made... but it happened lot of time, that at the end of the lap, this time tell me I'm about 2 seconds faster, but in fact I don't beat my lap record, in fact my actual time was worst that my lap record! I don't understand what happen.

What does this time showing a difference between the best lap time correspond to exactly?

Thanks for your answers!

I also think projects cars 2 have a bad interface, because I also spent 1 hour to understand how to play online
    The interface is for me not clear at all, disappointed about this point.

But the graphics and game play are great!

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    In my opinion, the time differential shown on the screen only makes sense after you put in at least one lap in this session - then it is referenced to your best lap in the session. If you just started the session, or if you restarted it, it references to something else and I wasn't able to figure out to what.

I don't really understand what would you need 1 hour to figure out online racing, the interface has problems but it's not that cryptic.

Anyway, here is a simple guide http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-racing-how-to
    Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians

A few simracing videos

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately this does not show the difference to your best time, but it shows the difference to your best time that was done AFTER your the last time you pressed the RESTART lap button. So if you do a best lap, then select restart and do another lap time which is 2 seconds slower, then for the next time the timer will be comparing to this slow time, not to the real best time. It's just one of the annoying problems the game has. What I do, is to always abandon my lap at the end, if it is not faster than my previous best, so the timer does not reset.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Unfortunately this does not show the difference to your best time, but it shows the difference to your best time that was done AFTER your the last time you pressed the RESTART lap button.
    Yes that's what I said, too. And in the first lap after restart (or first lap in the session) I think nobody knows what does it compare to.

A few simracing videos
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yes indeed, thanks for your answer, I finally understood that, so the actual time is compared to the best time of the actual session, but what is disturbing for me, and made me diffucult to understand that, is that the best lap time of the actual session is erased from the screen when you go to the menu and click on restart, but your actual time is still compared to this best lap time of the session even if it disapeared from the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by PawelK View Post
    I don't really understand what would you need 1 hour to figure out online racing, the interface has problems but it's not that cryptic.
    I didn't understood how to find not started races, where I could join, nothing really explain it.I believe that I was doing a mistake, and I didn't understand why there was no "I'm ready button". I joined only started races and totally stopped races, after I finally found one races where I can connect but after an hour!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nicobzz View Post
    I didn't understood how to find not started races, where I could join, nothing really explain it.I believe that I was doing a mistake, and I didn't understand why there was no "I'm ready button". I joined only started races and totally stopped races, after I finally found one races where I can connect but after an hour!
    I suggest you read the how-to that I linked above - might be helpful. Good luck and see you on track!

A few simracing videos